The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The model(s) I was going to build in 2010.

Mallard60022

Guest jim s-w

Hi All

I would like to get my 317/1 finished along with my 310 and 2 312's in 2010. I also MUST get my DMU sides done and class 86 bits but my main goal for 2010 is to get this built.

palisades.jpg

palisades%20drawing.jpg

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Hi All

I would like to get my 317/1 finished along with my 310 and 2 312's in 2010. I also MUST get my DMU sides done and class 86 bits but my main goal for 2010 is to get this built.

palisades.jpg

palisades%20drawing.jpg

So what's keeping you? Don't forget that people outside London don't understand the "stand on the right" rule on escalators, so some confused left lane standees are a necessary feature there!

Guest jim s-w

Indeed Ian

But remember what some Londoners don't realise is that places outside of London don't have the stand on the right rule! The escalators at New St are very narrow and Platform 12 (the nearest one to the public) only has stairs and lifts.

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Premium

1) Finish my 00 shunty plank enough so I can play trains, not finished finished.

2) Design and build a P4 semi circle or full circle for the challenge depending on my calculations of width and radius. Detail planning has yet to start.

Guest jim s-w

I've been putting it off far too long, and I'm making a VEP my first priority.

I'd just buy the RTR one if I were you! ;)

Cheers

Jim

Well, the to-do list is incredibly long so I won't bore you all with it :)

Major priority is a working 2010 challenge layout... but to get the scenics of that going (or the buildings at least) I need to know my maximum size of loco - so that means finishing my Backwoods Blanche pretty sharpish! I can make a reasonable guess, but I don't want Mr Cock-up to visit me again.

Then I need to finish the tracklaying, and the electrics, and the bogie stock, and the slate wagons, and the buildings, and the scenery, and the S&D7F... :lol:

Well, the to-do list is incredibly long so I won't bore you all with it :)

Major priority is a working 2010 challenge layout... but to get the scenics of that going (or the buildings at least) I need to know my maximum size of loco - so that means finishing my Backwoods Blanche pretty sharpish! I can make a reasonable guess, but I don't want Mr Cock-up to visit me again.

Then I need to finish the tracklaying, and the electrics, and the bogie stock, and the slate wagons, and the buildings, and the scenery, and the S&D7F... :lol:

Yes-C'mon Steve-if it's anything like the standards of your other models it should be well worth waiting for!

• RMweb Gold

Nice idea for a thread smile.gif.

Hopefully some of these to run on the next "Farthing" installment:

blogentry-738-12586585481336.jpg

And then finish restoration of some of the great stock I took over from Chris Edge a while back:

blogentry-738-1257712817031.jpg

I will complete my DC Kits 105 before Bachmann release theirs (might have quite a bit of time to do that one!), then there's the 114 and the 120, not to mention the 119 acquired cheaply from a club sales stand, not my thing really but it was too good to turn down. And that's before I even get to freight stock, HTO x 5 and HTV x 6, the VVV train is almost there, just needs painting and then there's 40+ Airfix/ Dapol/ Parkside kits for MCOs and MCVs.....

It would be interesting to lock this thread after the first week in Jan and then revisit next Christmas!

• RMweb Gold

Where to start-any one from the following:

7mm Barclay to finish / fettle.

7mm M7 to fit myriad detail parts, new motor, get running

7mm Q1 ditto

7mm Q1 unstarted

7mm O2 basically unstarted

7mm wagon kits x 4

7mm Connoisseur NER brake kit to rescue

OO loft layout to progress

Dozens of OO and HO building kits

Plan and possibly start HO urban shunting plank..

Ditto O gauge micro layout.

Progress 80% complete 5" gauge IoW O2.

That's Jan 1st taken care of, carry on learning guitar on the 2nd....

This year will probably start with two 1.32 ars kits both in Hornby Boxes, a Chevrolet Camaro and Ford Mustang to be built as BSCC (BTCC's predecessor) cars from the 1970s but on the railway front someday soon I will start a scratchbuild of a 42xx tank and then hopefully a TVR 02 once I find drawings of both them!

m0rris

• RMweb Premium

Where to start-any one from the following:

7mm Barclay to finish / fettle.

7mm M7 to fit myriad detail parts, new motor, get running

7mm Q1 ditto

7mm Q1 unstarted

7mm O2 basically unstarted

7mm wagon kits x 4

7mm Connoisseur NER brake kit to rescue

OO loft layout to progress

Dozens of OO and HO building kits

Plan and possibly start HO urban shunting plank..

Ditto O gauge micro layout.

Progress 80% complete 5" gauge IoW O2.

That's Jan 1st taken care of, carry on learning guitar on the 2nd....

I suppose this will be whilst you are waiting for the road at Ropley then? Nice one Phil & thanks everyone.

Remember there are only a few hours left to delete your entries so that we can not chase you up to see if you were kidding!!

May you all have a happy and successful 2010 and may your kits all go together perfectly, first time and with no wonky after-running.

Sincerely, Missedabit S. Oldering.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this on my workbench blog and the "jobs outstanding" ran to about a screen and a half.....

Some of them are the same as in some in postings above - Cravens unit, finish off the layout , finish off the stuff that was supposed to be done in 2009 (the Walrus is almost there)

However - if you don't count the Pacer which was at least started in 2009 - the first cab off the rank will be the Southern bogie brake, possibly followed by the ex LNW ex M&GN BCK

• RMweb Premium

Finally get round to building my set of Etched Pixels LBSCR 4-wheelers. I have the chassis, I have the paint (at last, after a very long and frustrating search)...I even have the loco to pull them (don't get too excited, it's the Dapol Terrier).

I am currently trying to build all the kits and bits from my "pending" box, including those I put aside as too hard initially. Unfortunately that means my bench now simply contains twice as many half finished projects as before at this point. - although the 02 and 47579 have progressed to the decal stage now.

• RMweb Premium

Started it tonight! How's that for resolution?

Well done the 'other' Phil. Tried starting my wagon last night and almost immediately came to a halt as I was unable to translate the instructions (see request for help elsewhere!). Hey hoh!

Perhaps I'll get out the O1?

Sincerely, The 'other' Phil

Archived