Waverley Route new image links and discussion

'CHARD

LMS coach in blue grey livery, worth it for that alone.

Mike.

I was going to comment on that earlier, but decided the commute to the Tech Centre couldn't be ignored indefinitely!

Can someone please enlighten me to what I need to look out for to secure one of these, as it will go on my October shopping list: repaint, RTR-bash or whatever it takes.  Somewhere, I'm sure I'll be able to find likely numbers for this coach, as there can't have been many in blue and grey, not many at all.  My first thought is that it's a Port-hole brake but I can't get much further...

I love so many facets of this photograph - more so because it's always been one of my signature locations on the route, where everything can be seen from the A7, back in the days when the road felt more intimate and way more traditional than today.  The hotel sign for the Abbotsford Arms no doubt says 'Open to Non Residents,' the CCT as leading vehicle, slipped '6' on the headcode and the wee lad stopping his bike to enjoy the spectacle.

39-460_1032945_Qty1_3.jpg

Hattons stock photo of Bachmann Branchline 39-460 LMS 57 ft Porthole Corridor Brake 3rd

Edited by 'CHARD

• RMweb Gold

Very interesting cameo at Millerhill 

https://www.railscot.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=56618

That's interesting..we've had the Scot in Millerhill for the last two months and I did a fair bit of exploring during my few weeks with it. It's quite amusing (and weird) to see still illuminated colour light signals poking their heads up above the jungle, nature has certainly taken its course there.

The place is set to hum once again, electric unit stabling and a virtual quarry. They have cleared a lot of the old infrastructure ready for this and have nearly finished the laying the new line for the loading/unloading line for the quarry, hell of a tight curve going into it

Edited by PhilH

I love so many facets of this photograph - more so because it's always been one of my signature locations on the route, where everything can be seen from the A7, back in the days when the road felt more intimate and way more traditional than today.  The hotel sign for the Abbotsford Arms no doubt says 'Open to Non Residents,' the CCT as leading vehicle, slipped '6' on the headcode and the wee lad stopping his bike to enjoy the spectacle.

Quite so... can anyone identify the 2nd coach? For "The Waverley" it ought to be a CK but the windows are wrong for a BR Mk.1 and it appears to be all-first - at least at the visible end.  And what was the reason for the lowered section of stone wall topped by the wooden fence - some sort of access point achieved by temporary removal of said fence ?

Alasdair

• Like 1

Quite so... can anyone identify the 2nd coach? For "The Waverley" it ought to be a CK but the windows are wrong for a BR Mk.1 and it appears to be all-first - at least at the visible end.  And what was the reason for the lowered section of stone wall topped by the wooden fence - some sort of access point achieved by temporary removal of said fence ?

Alasdair

Looks very much like an MK1 FK, the angle makes the windows look odd. 

A question sent to me:

"Do you know where the track from the Waverley route ended up? Something makes me think South Africa."

I don't have an answer to where.  Can someone help?

Bruce.

post-5524-0-10266700-1476428141_thumb.png

A question sent to me:

"Do you know where the track from the Waverley route ended up? Something makes me think South Africa."

I don't have an answer to where.  Can someone help?

Bruce.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-14 at 07.52.26.png

I was once told where most of it ended up ... but quite embarrassingly, I've forgotten! 

However, I do know that some of it is still in use on the incline to Birkhill, on the Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway.

I'm going to put this out there: Dougie Squance took up some novel vantage points for his great body of Waverline photographs.

https://www.railscot.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=56852

This is surely a modeller's dream - look at the road geometry and bridge architecture for starters!!!

EDIT: and is that an Albion wrecker?

Edited by 'CHARD
fanboy enthusiasm at Waverley photo
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

If you're quick, there are some fine new views of the Route to be found on eBay, including lots of incredible station detail shots:

St Boswells

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/St-Boswells-Railway-Station-Photo-Melrose-Earlston-Maxton-Lines-17-/262225165621?hash=item3d0dd67d35

Like the pintas sitting on the booking office window ledge!

Something different to put in your model

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to put this out there: Dougie Squance took up some novel vantage points for his great body of Waverline photographs.

https://www.railscot.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=56852

This is surely a modeller's dream - look at the road geometry and bridge architecture for starters!!!

EDIT: and is that an Albion wrecker?

Could be one of a few common cabbed wreckers, but being Scottish oriented the odds would be on an Albion I would think.

Mike.

• Like 1