RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

One things that fairly pops out to me is the lack of apparent damage/marks on the bridge structure and road surface not to mention a decided lack of debris, at least around the truck.

There is a light section which could tie in with the refrigeration unit(?) having struck it and there is a pool of liquid under the van.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, melmerby said:

There is a light section which could tie in with the refrigeration unit(?) having struck it and there is a pool of liquid under the van.

I must admit that someone sent it to me and I just posted it without too much investigation on my part…

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Cowley 47521 said:

I must admit that someone sent it to me and I just posted it without too much investigation on my part…

No investigation needed , if other people feel the need to minutely  dissect a

lighthearted photo so be it .

• Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

BBC's Match of the Day (following on from Linekergate) was just the football and no talking heads.

Instead of an hour it was just 20 minutes and got 25% more audience.😃

More like this I say.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, melmerby said:

BBC's Match of the Day (following on from Linekergate) was just the football and no talking heads.

More like this I say.

Not my thing, but a number of my footie-following pals have made the same observation.

Given the known generosity of Mr. L's remuneration (and presumably a fair-sized wedge going on the "filler-fellers" too), there could be a big financial saving in it for the Beeb....

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, melmerby said:

More like this I say.

Absolutely. Filler and padding. Hour long programmes consist of titles, "coming up", adverts/idents, credits, "coming next week"....actual programme content = 20 mins if your lucky. I watch YouTube vids now. Most publishers have quality production equally as good as the TV. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Not my thing, but a number of my footie-following pals have made the same observation.

Given the known generosity of Mr. L's remuneration (and presumably a fair-sized wedge going on the "filler-fellers" too), there could be a big financial saving in it for the Beeb....

John

I was wondering if there was an ulterior motive to try and reduce their 'talent' bill a bit...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

19 minutes ago, billbedford said:

Beware of captchas...

34bac8ad-ebf1-4e2e-b901-1eaa4423f070_480

If you're a clever clogs (or just paste it into Mathematica) do you get a prize? 🤔

Personally, not being a clever clogs, or having Mathematica to hand at this present moment, I suspect the answer is "0"...  🤪

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, steve1 said:

Makes Norman Wisdom and Benny Hill look like intellectual humour…

steve

I wonder if they were still laughing after cleaning the mess up? I've just finished cleaning up after myself, after throwing up in the laundry and it was no fun!

Feeling better now, as better out than in! But I suspect, too much information.

• Friendly/supportive 7