The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Animal cartoon

Raises the answer to the question "How many cows fit in a shed?" as answered by a physicist - only the term "spherical" should be employed, rather than the more pedestrian "round".

See: 

Or

Spheres are indeed fertile theoretical tools that help us gain insight to all manner of astrophysical problems. But one should not be a sphere-zealot. I am reminded of the half-serious joke about how you might increase milk production on a farm: An expert in animal husbandry might say, Consider the role of the cow's diet... An engineer might say, Consider the design of the milking machines... But it's the astrophysicist who says, Consider a spherical cow...!

it wasn't the coughing that carried him off, but the coffin they carried him off in.

Just where do you start with that:

• the spelling?
  • the notion of what would one want to swap for that?
  • the size of the thing? - I am only too aware of the obesity problem in the modern world but that thing would surely hold two well amply sized people
  • wrong diagnosis? - surely it will be necessary eventually?

• RMweb Premium

Well no thanks standing as I do at 6'2"1/2 I dont fit....I have kicked the ends of so many beds over the years I don't want my feet cramped for the rest of eternity :jester:

It's kicking buckets we're on about here though...