The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

Should probably have added a wink to that last one. 😉

I’ve been watching these over the weekend as my stepbrother sent me one of them. It involves some fairly astonishing model making but it’s also utterly surreal and I think, hilarious. I’d highly recommend just watching the first couple of minutes to get the feel of it as it’ll probably hook you in…

Has anyone else watched any of these?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I thought you used a wok.  In Thailand doesn't everyone's wok their dog?

Thailand?

I would have thought South Korea...

(Though in the North, they apparently wok anything)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This just popped up on Twitter

https://x.com/shirlpuzz/status/1726180713488371832?s=46&t=_D0idSTEdpin4MyBN8ca4g

cilla black at the Bala lake railway doing a cillagram on surprise surprise 

my dad was driving the loco that day and he said she was a nightmare, he’s not a cilla fan anyway and it was all hush hush as to what was happening so didn’t know who was visiting until the morning of the shoot, after a days filming at the ‘Bala lake railway’ cilla turned to him and asked ‘what’s the name of that lake?’ 

he said the old woman didn’t really have a clue what was going on and didn’t particularly care either! 

nice to see it again though, I think my dad has it on VHS somewhere along with his appearance on ‘Playbus’ with Peggy patch which he said he did enjoy doing

• Like 5

I never met her and don't have an axe to grind either way, but a friend who was cabin crew once told me she was by far the worst celeb to have on your flight and showed me a number of forums and chatrooms where others said the same.

Edited by jwealleans
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, jwealleans said:

I never met her and don't have an axe to grind either way, but a friend who was cabin crew once told me she was by far the worst celeb to have on your flight and showed me a number of forums and chatrooms where others said the same.

met her once in 2009 at the stage door in Aylesbury theatre when she was in panto there and she was really nice, signed the programme for us, took time to stop and talk to us and made a fuss of our then 6 month old baby then told us to ‘get that babby ‘ome and out the cold’ as she got into her chauffeur driven limo back to Dunham, my wife holds meeting her as one of her life goals achieved which baffles my dad! 

as you say though there are plenty of anecdotal tales of her attitude towards flight crew and other hospitality workers on the net, you don’t have to dig deep to find them either 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have heard that about a lot of "big names". Some interesting stories about Presidential treatment of the White House staff are very interesting to read. The treatment went from almost family to street dirt.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

A family friend who was a professional musician living and working in Blackpool also said that she wasn't liked. Another celeb that wasn't popular with those who had to work with him was Ken Dodd.

I believe with Dodd the word was "tight"!

I don't think they like those on the circuit that don't pay for their rounds. George Formby was another one.

My mate was his postie for years, he never gave a Christmas tip* but he was getting about a full sack of mail a week....

*Although his missus always slung him a few quid with the proviso of not telling Ken

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

Cilla has always had a reputation for being "difficult". See here for example (real through all the pages for Cilla stories!).

Hah, there's a bit of entertainment reading through that thread! My favourite so far is "Gordon Ramsey - Ego barely fitted on the 747."

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 21/11/2023 at 15:40, Steamport Southport said:

I believe with Dodd the word was "tight"!

I don't think they like those on the circuit that don't pay for their rounds. George Formby was another one.

My mate was his postie for years, he never gave a Christmas tip* but he was getting about a full sack of mail a week....

*Although his missus always slung him a few quid with the proviso of not telling Ken

George F probably wasn't given enough pocket money by his wife. She was notorious for keeping him under the thumb.

• RMweb Premium
On 22/11/2023 at 05:59, DavidB-AU said:

Cilla has always had a reputation for being "difficult". See here for example (real through all the pages for Cilla stories!).

But nice to see that the Joanna Lumley image is real.

• Agree 1