Just about happy with all this computer malarky so I'll bang a couple of my old layouts on for a little variation...

post-5296-0-90091300-1423944989_thumb.jpg

Busy scene as express motive power get ready for their next turn of duty at Bermuda Road TMD

post-5296-0-10610000-1423944998_thumb.jpg

The Engineering Works

post-5296-0-49482600-1423945010_thumb.jpg

Evening draws in for the shift workers, but duty calls eh!

post-5296-0-33169300-1423945531.jpg

Milne MPD with an eclectic mix of motive power

post-5296-0-18263400-1423945540.jpg

60158 ABERDONIAN bursts under the road bridge as Ivatt 2MT tank works a push-pull up the branch

post-5296-0-03196300-1423945542.jpg

Back breaking work!

post-5296-0-01332700-1423945544.jpg

Just so you know that the den has not always been a tranquil haunt, this was the old den before the flood with Bermuda Road set-up and Milne propped up in the background!

post-5296-0-51810800-1423945545.jpg

D1 SCAFELL PIKE is draining its fuel supply before entering the depot for some attention

post-5296-0-70441600-1423945552_thumb.jpg

D67 ROYAL ARTILLERYMAN is departing to allow D1 to enter

post-5296-0-94063200-1423945546.jpg

Over the road at the MPD the sounds and smells of a steam loco depot are permeating the town.....boooootiful

post-5296-0-98733200-1423945554.jpg

EE Type 4 D368 is filling up and will soon be off shed

post-5296-0-97445600-1423945556.jpg

With all this fueling going on its no wonder the 03 is maneuvering tank wagons

post-5296-0-73505600-1423945559.jpg

The good old Bermuda Road MPD in the harsh light of day

Cheers guys hope you enjoy...

• Like 18

Hi guys,

Thanks for that, 100 pages eh, would you believe it! When selecting Bermuda Road pictures the thought occurred to me that even when I put some lighting into Dent will it actually be worth it! Its not putting me off doing it though. As for Bermuda Road I think it will be put up for sale, there is just nowhere to set it up and work on it at home. I tried setting it up at work with the intention of doing some pre-exhibition work but the work never took place and the whole thing looked like operation 'desert storm' after a few weeks! Its all cleaned and packed up now, sad really.

Hi Mike, sorry to hear BM may be going, its a fantastic idea and a brilliant looking layout.

BTW I've just inserted the 100 into my post above, :O  my Num Locks were off, and I never noticed it was missing until now, :stinker:  :stinker:  so I'm a bit of a MUNPTY really, that or I'm awake now. :no: 

Morning Mike,

Thanks for the interesting and varied picture show - good to see a few shots of proper living, breathing locomotives amongst them! I always find any steam MPD images a source of modelling inspiration with a surprising amount of clutter to add interest to a layout. By the way, that looked like a serious amount of work on the 25, considering that it can't have been that old?

You must be justifiably proud of the hundred pages, largely crammed with interest and superb images!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Edited by Jock67B

Hi Mike,

Now I can give a proper "congrats" on reaching the hundred! I didn't realise just how far p.99 had to go yesterday!

Looks like you have the same carpet as we have in our lounge!!!

Cheers,

John

Hi John,

That was the carpet that got flooded, I have laminate in the new den now with just an off-cut of that for a mat at my modelling desk.

Morning Mike,

Thanks for the interesting and varied picture show - good to see a few shots of proper living, breathing locomotives amongst them! I always find any steam MPD images a source of modelling inspiration with a surprising amount of clutter to add interest to a layout. By the way, that looked like a serious amount of work on the 25, considering that it can't have been that old?

You must be justifiably proud of the hundred pages, largely crammed with interest and superb images!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

Thanks mate.

I'm in agreement re: steam era inspiration, can't beat it! The 25' would get a re-paint into BR Blue following testing, it was probably taken in 1972 the year I moved to Derby Works from St. Rollox or on a Works open day earlier but I'm not sure, but even then it would have been about 8-10 years old.

Hi all,

Decided to have a day out at the East Lanc's Rly so modelling done after all. However upon my return my mate Andy had called to ask if his latest acquisition could have a tootle around the circuit

So here it is: Class 26 No. 26025 in Railfreight grey on a 'running-in' turn 

post-5296-0-76541900-1424033664.jpg

post-5296-0-84774400-1424033668.jpg

post-5296-0-76928100-1424033672.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

That was the carpet that got flooded, I have laminate in the new den now with just an off-cut of that for a mat at my modelling desk.

Hi Mike,

Hope it doesn't flood again because the laminate edges swell up and come apart.

Peter

Hi Mike,

Hope it doesn't flood again because the laminate edges swell up and come apart.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Oh yes I know about that phenomena but the laminate was cascaded from our living room as er' indoors wanted a change therefore it was effectively FREE !!!! That is apart from my very expensive labour time!

The new den is built in Breezeblock, the old one was a cobbled together timber affair which had been re-erected and altered a couple of times and was slightly smaller than this one is. Fingers crossed eh!

• Like 3

I can understand being upset about a smelly diseasel running at the ELR and also a Crab in an odd livery but the Lanky? Best loco there if you ask me :)

hHAHAHHAHHEEEEeeeeeee  :O At least it shows you have a sense of HUMOUR Mate, :no: ahhahahh :nono:  :nono: :nono:   :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  

Hi Jason,

I would have loved it had it been in BR livery but I'm afraid the plain LMS black with BIG numerals do nothing for me mate. Nice loco I agree and will be buying one if brought out before I pop my clogs!

Hi all,

Just to let you know its going to be a bit quiet on Dent this week, too much on I'm afraid. I may get a chance to load up some old photos but the modelling will be on hold till the weekend at least, sorry!

• RMweb Premium

Congrats on your 100 pages, Mike. But it wouldn't matter if Dent only had 30 pages - it's so full of quality.

As for lighting. Do put some spot lighting onto your fell area - as I'm sure you'll know, the shadowing effects can be spectacular!

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just to let you know its going to be a bit quiet on Dent this week, too much on I'm afraid. I may get a chance to load up some old photos but the modelling will be on hold till the weekend at least, sorry!

Understood my friend, understood.

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to here about the dog incident Mike. I have two boarder collies and have noticed they can take a dislike to a person for no apparent reason. Their not an aggressive bread but are working dogs that need to be kept busy. They only make good pets if the owner has the time for them. When left to their own devices will quickly develop behavioral problems! This is no excuse BTW.

My advice to anyone would be that if you're not familiar with the animal, keep out!  

I'm assuming that no news is good news concerning your injury?

If you end up being prescribed blood pressure meds. Take a few days off when first taking them because they can have an over powering effect and you could end up flat on your face like I did!

I have sort out an alternative which is 6 pints of water a day and plenty of exercise, hence the puppies!

Thoroughly enjoying the content as always.

regards Shaun.  

• Like 3

Sorry to here about the dog incident Mike. I have two boarder collies and have noticed they can take a dislike to a person for no apparent reason. Their not an aggressive bread but are working dogs that need to be kept busy. They only make good pets if the owner has the time for them. When left to their own devices will quickly develop behavioral problems! This is no excuse BTW.

My advice to anyone would be that if you're not familiar with the animal, keep out!  

I'm assuming that no news is good news concerning your injury?

If you end up being prescribed blood pressure meds. Take a few days off when first taking them because they can have an over powering effect and you could end up flat on your face like I did!

I have sort out an alternative which is 6 pints of water a day and plenty of exercise, hence the puppies!

Thoroughly enjoying the content as always.

regards Shaun.  

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that mate, I have to attend hospital and have a 24hr blood pressure monitor 'collar' fitted to my arm some time next week, bit of a nuisance but at least I will know for sure I suppose.

The police have told me the owner said the dog has been "a bit snappy with the postman" and they also said "we don't put the dog in the front garden if we are expecting someone to call" .................WHAT!................. Perhaps they have ESP!

One of my own dogs has completely changed her behaviour since this happened to me and I can't fathom her out, here is just a couple:

• She would get up with me every morning and now stays in her bed upstairs until I go up and lift her out.
  • She no longer takes tit-bits from the table, which I suppose is a good thing.

Thankfully she still makes a real fuss when I get in from work etc.

Anyway, my mate John will be round tonight so there may, just may be a few piccy's later!

• Like 2

Afternoon Mike,

I remember ages ago when my high blood pressure was first discovered, the surgery gave me a 24hr monitoring/measuring device which strapped into the small of the back with the attendant arm strap! Downside was that when it pumped up at intervals through the night, the pressure not only woke me, but the buzzing noise woke Joanna thereby cancelling any brownie points I might have had at that time! Well worth the effort though, and after a few months of juggling the medication, my friend and GP came up with a cocktail of drugs which has kept it stable for some years. My current condition, and the fact that I'm only firing on one kidney, means that I keep a twice daily record with my own easy to use machine. The current total is five tablets for the BP alone, but the alternative is to end up in the stroke clinic and, having one of those next to the garage, I would avoid that at all costs, having seen at first hand what it does to people!

I hope your 'problem' turns out to be a minimal one, but you are very far from alone - everyone we know over a 'certain age' takes some form of BP medication.

Hope you have a pleasant evening with John, and that some of your beautiful Jubilee fleet escape the yards before the camera springs in to action. Photos from you and Sir Bodge to look forward to - no further excuse needed to sign in tonight!

Do take care of yourself,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1