Hi guys,

Thanks for the uplifting comments, much appreciated, and as a thank-you for your patience here is some reward. I don't have time to title them so its just a gallery...

post-5296-0-46505700-1423425127_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-40842000-1423425133_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-92355100-1423425139_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-84855100-1423425145_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-82783200-1423425154_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-48175400-1423425160_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-95843900-1423425165_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-20123300-1423425171_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-08051000-1423425178_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-23203200-1423425184_thumb.jpg

Second lot to follow and that will be that for tonight

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

Thanks for the concern, truly appreciated.

Jason: Surprisingly I did get paid but I was not there so it looks like the police had not visited at that point. I was tempted to bash it over the head but I thought it would probably win!

Clive: I was back to the doc's on Thursday for a check, wound okay but still high blood pressure. I'm back to the hospital today and again to the doc's on Monday but they are concerned over the high blood pressure 210/55 on the day and still 165/?? yesterday.

Small photo of the stitched up wound below which is far more tolerable than the original gash view! If you don't want to look scroll past quickly!!!!!

attachicon.gif2015-02-04 21.17.49.jpg

Chronic hypertension causes lots of problems - I'm glad the hospital is concerned to make sure that it doesn't become that.  Some GPs will provide you with a monitor to check your own and record it.  If they do, take each reading three times while resting (preferably at hourly intervals), average the reading and record it.  They will then have something definite to work on.  Once you get over the shock of the wound and hopefully at no more than 135/80 in a relaxed home situation they will probably not put you on medication.

Peter

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic set of photos of Dent again Mike. The scale of the landscape through which the lines weave is incredible.

I do wonder about those women on the platform though... they've been stood there gossiping since the DMU went through a few weeks ago  :jester:

Kind regards, Neil

Edited by Anotheran
  • Like 1

Chronic hypertension causes lots of problems - I'm glad the hospital is concerned to make sure that it doesn't become that.  Some GPs will provide you with a monitor to check your own and record it.  If they do, take each reading three times while resting (preferably at hourly intervals), average the reading and record it.  They will then have something definite to work on.  Once you get over the shock of the wound and hopefully at no more than 135/80 in a relaxed home situation they will probably not put you on medication.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that, I've never had any BP problems that I know of so this in itself was a shock especially when the doctor said it kills 1:5 people - that helped a lot! I still don't know what is ideal, is it 120/80?

Fantastic set of photos of Dent again Mike. The scale of the landscape through which the lines weave is incredible.

I do wonder about those women on the platform though... they've been stood there gossiping since the DMU went through a few weeks ago  :jester:

Kind regards, Neil

That's women for you!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that, I've never had any BP problems that I know of so this in itself was a shock especially when the doctor said it kills 1:5 people - that helped a lot! I still don't know what is ideal, is it 120/80?

Hi Mike

All the books say 120/80. All the pateints I knew that had a BP of 120/80 were unwell.

There are a lot of factors that change someones BP just through a normal day. Stress, pain, exercise, rest, smoking (never take your BP after a fag...Jason) are a few, even eating a big meal can bump up your BP. A one off high blood pressure reading is only an indication that there may be something wrong, don't forget you had been bitten, were in pain, and visited two NHS establishments, one of which had reached their limit of help they could give. Let your GP monitor you over a period of time. When you go to have it taken get there in good time, no rushing and take a railway book to read in the waiting room. A relaxed patient gives a true reading of their blood pressure.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And try not to worry about how high your BP will be when the doctor takes it as that will send it soaring as well! Your BP will be whatever it is at the time it is taken and worrying about it will only make it worse.

Our ex-neighbour's daughter had to take her own BP because she had white coat syndrome and her BP went through the roof whenever a doctor or nurse tried to take a reading.

I have the exact opposite problem. I have to warn anyone taking my BP that it is historically very, very low

Hope the leg is healing OK.

And thanks for the pictures as well, they're greeeeeeat (as Tony the tiger would say). They've certainly spurred me on to start sorting out the garage.

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 3

Morning Mike, we have a BP monitor from when Dee was ill a couple of years ago and after my Stoke I had to have three readings a day monitored. I did one in the morning about half hour after breakfast whilst still sitting in the chair, one at tea time and one in the evening. There not expensive to buy from your local chemist and could be well worth it.

All the best today mate.

• Like 3

Hi Mike

All the books say 120/80. All the pateints I knew that had a BP of 120/80 were unwell.

There are a lot of factors that change someones BP just through a normal day. Stress, pain, exercise, rest, smoking (never take your BP after a fag...Jason) are a few, even eating a big meal can bump up your BP. A one off high blood pressure reading is only an indication that there may be something wrong, don't forget you had been bitten, were in pain, and visited two NHS establishments, one of which had reached their limit of help they could give. Let your GP monitor you over a period of time. When you go to have it taken get there in good time, no rushing and take a railway book to read in the waiting room. A relaxed patient gives a true reading of their blood pressure.

Totally agree with you Clive

Hi all,

Thanks for all the useful tips, I'll bear them in mind when I go back on Wednesday. Anyway today went well BP of 150/75 so it seems to be coming down. Another appt. on Wednesday and stiches out on Friday at the doc's instead of trekking to the hospital, pressure? what pressure Hahaha.

Hope to get back on track this week with usual updates, but don't push me.................Andy!

ME PUSHY? :O  no way, :no:  :no:  :no: you've got till FRIDAY mate. :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  

:sungum:

EDIT AT 22.12, = You've got until FRIDAY or I'm calling in the DOGS,

hahhhahah

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Morning Mike,

Love the layout pics but not sure about the last set, not one funnel in sight?

Glad to hear you are being checked out, as I've said before, I could easily have had a stroke if my doctor hadn't insisted on an annual MOT. Now that I exist on a chemical cocktail, I have to take mine twice daily and I represent the results on a graph which I copy for the oncologist at each monthly visit! Joanna and my nursing sister daughter bought the monitor for me, I believe for around thirty pounds, and it really is easy to use - becomes a habit after a time but let's hope you won't need one! Please keep us up to date.

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS who made the 2P, it looks pretty good at that distance - would you recommend it as you will know that at least one would be required on any layout featuring the Darvel branch of the G&SWR in the fifties!

Morning Mike,

Love the layout pics but not sure about the last set, not one funnel in sight?

Glad to hear you are being checked out, as I've said before, I could easily have had a stroke if my doctor hadn't insisted on an annual MOT. Now that I exist on a chemical cocktail, I have to take mine twice daily and I represent the results on a graph which I copy for the oncologist at each monthly visit! Joanna and my nursing sister daughter bought the monitor for me, I believe for around thirty pounds, and it really is easy to use - becomes a habit after a time but let's hope you won't need one! Please keep us up to date.

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS who made the 2P, it looks pretty good at that distance - would you recommend it as you will know that at least one would be required on any layout featuring the Darvel branch of the G&SWR in the fifties!

Hi Jock,

Sorry there were no 'funnels' by I never took pictures of ships  :jester: I don't have too many steam era photos due to my age at the time but will make a decent mix of tin boxes and 'chimneys' just for you next time Hahaha.

The 2P is a Hornby model and my only criticism is it takes off like a bleeding rocket!

BP coming down it seems, another check on Wednesday followed by stitches out on Friday so hopefully all will be back to normal by then, thanks. 

Is the 7.20am post part of your routine, Mike? I could fairly reliably set my clock by your daily morning post!

Jeff

You must have nothing better to do than awake to one of my 07.20 posts. I am I admit a man of routine and its just routine that my well laid plans go awry at the earliest opportunity! For instance, just had delivery of a new computer today and does it work - NO! Will not even switch on! Oops mind the blood pressure!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Jason's.

You must have nothing better to do than awake to one of my 07.20 posts. I am I admit a man of routine and its just routine that my well laid plans go awry at the earliest opportunity! For instance, just had delivery of a new computer today and does it work - NO! Will not even switch on! Oops mind the blood pressure!!!!!!

7:20! I'm not even up by then and if I am, I'm definitely not awake!  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Has the new puter got a switch on the power supply at the back. I have been caught out with that one. :scratchhead: