The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Moments of daftness

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

And I thought it was my age! Regularly find myself staring at a reply box on here - when I meant to click Like!

Incidentally, the fact that CK washes his hands at all in the loo distinguishes him from a number of other adult males!

Last week I was getting increasingly grumpy about Mrs Y being on the phone so long when I realised I'd been calling myself.

Ha, ha, ha!

I had an Irish friend who did just that! I don't know which was funnier, the fact he rang himself or that he told everyone in the pub about it!

My own moments of daftness are too many to recall!

Cheers,

John E.

I could easily fall for the towel dispenser/hot air dryer one.

Stylish and thereby 'cryptic' taps in poorly lit lavvys will often see me waiting several seconds for the censor to detect my hand under the tap.

I attempted to walk through a glass partition of the newly restyled Dusseldorf airport building in the mid 1990s. (For those who never experienced this delight, the interior was partitioned in elegant smoked glass, to route the passenger from entry to flight gate, and vice versa. It all looked very impressive in daylight. But at night it became a Kafkaesque disaster. Glass reflects, and every illuminated sign for guidance was reflected. On the second reflection it is right way around again, but now taking you in a direction you cannot go, because there is a glass partition in the way, with nothing on it to focus on.)

Just remembered one of my mother's that we still laugh about. She had carefully boiled up the chicken carcase and other bits and pieces for a couple of hours in order to make the stock for our family favourite chicken noodle soup. Strained off the bones through the colander into the sink. Without the usual big bowl in place to intercept the liquid deliciousness, and was left looking at a colander full of bones as the result of her work...

It comes under the heading of "age-related, mental equipment degeneration" also known as "ARMED", mainly because it is likely to explode at any moment. Those of you who haven't experienced it yet, have that pleasure to come! The brainsl equivalent of treading onto, and putting your weight on, a step that isn't there. and falling flat on your face

Measuring up some plasticard, the stuff with bricks moulded in. "Oh, if I turn this one 90 degrees I can make the whole thing from one sheet! :)" . Stopped myself just short of actually cutting it...

Working with two computers at once, comparing results on different systems, I copied some text on one computer, and pasted into the other, wondering why that didn't work.

Somehow, my brain must have thought that "copy" moves the text into your clicking finger, and "paste" out again?

Measuring up some plasticard, the stuff with bricks moulded in. "Oh, if I turn this one 90 degrees I can make the whole thing from one sheet! :)" . Stopped myself just short of actually cutting it...

I HAVE done that - all be it with brick/tile paper!!! :help:

• RMweb Premium

Taken baking sheet out of kitchen drawer, placed crossiants upon it to warm them up, then returned five minutes later to open oven to find it empty. Crossiants eventually located still on baking sheet that had been placed back in the drawer from which I had got it!!! :banghead:

Also, worked train into London Bridge, got out of back cab of packed and rammed four car thinking about my breakfast. As I was sitting down to enjoy my Burger King Large Bacon Butty Meal that I had been looking forward to since booking on at Barnham three hours earlier, my keys, still in the cab of said train were taking an unexpected holiday to Reigate...

Whilst half asleep, I have on occasion picked up the shaving foam and sprayed it onto my open palm only to realise its actually deodorant or one of SWMBO's seemingly endless supply of hairspray tins.

In a similar vein I've also been known to spray shaving foam under my arms instead of deodorant!

• RMweb Premium

Far too many moments, I recently tried to unlock my desk drawer at work using the key for my garage door.

I have also put ready meals in the oven, then come back 45 minutes later to find them still stone cold, because I forgot to turn the oven on!

Oh, and let's not forget making coffee with cold water because I forgot to boil the kettle.

Archived