Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

The GWR track work just flows, so well!. The track tone  is spot on and i love the long check rail in too the yard, Superb!

The whole scenic work looks so natural and alive, not to much,just right, A great bit of observation to the real thing, well done! :good: .

Do you have anymore of this layout?.

Darren01 

PS The sheep wandering around is just as my granddad said about living in the valleys!

Edited by darren01

Very nice Lloyd - but an interesting name on the signalbox or do I keep misreading the layout name?

Yes, Mike. A slight cockup was made with the spelling which we haven't corrected yet. There's another 'Sumara Road' name board on the staircase of platform 2/3 and a 'Harford Street' name board still on the platform 1 stairs. The derelict signal box will be renamed 'Cambay Street Goods' as its actually outside of station limits anyway.

• Like 2

I was up in the roof this afternoon looking for the photographs (for Andrew P) that I took at Bitton, way back  when building the models for Brinkley. Didn't find them, unfortunately, but did find this one of my N gauge layout of Kingham built 30 years ago. However, what was really a surprise, was to find, in another box of old photos, a 2mm project that was abandoned when I moved up a scale to P4. Boy, did I spent some hours hacking away at that metal body. I lost count of how many drills I broke drilling out behind the steam pipes! 

post-7952-0-06185900-1409413569_thumb.jpg

post-7952-0-06962900-1409413563_thumb.jpg

Edited by Killybegs
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Crikey, mezzonman, I had to study that to work out which bits were models and which the backscene.  Cracking work!

Hi C&WR, Thanks for the nice comment.

The sky was hand painted, the bit between the two buildings is a combination of suitable photos and the buildings scratch built using Wills sheets and basswood trim. A little bit of serendipity and the lighting make it believable.

Oh for that to be the same for other areas of the layout, we try our best. :)

Rob

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Rubbish composition, terrible exposure, blurred and out of focus.

Probably one of the most realistic pictures on here.

Well done.

Mike.

Thanks very much Mike you had me going then! ;)

Thanks again, Paul