Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

sorry to put another picture of this up...but i just added signage.....promise no more on this part of the layout after this

have added parking sign,speed sign,give way sign..........and a water burst on the right hand side behind the postal van.

med_gallery_17883_2760_401170.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Part-weathered Heljan Garratt 47971. 1949 early BR. Some photo-editing.

Dark satanic mills and all that....a cold morning, moving at walking pace, taking slack out of couplings, soon to have sanders on, on the up-down up-down gradients of the Midland Main Line, Brent-Toton and back three times a week, 100 empties north, 87 loads back. Industrial Britain, 1949... (well, the 3-returns/week was pre-war actually, when life for engine crews was harder)

I don't know if it qualifies for this thread. Great fun to do while waiting for the 'late July' prospect of heavily-weathered versions of these interesting and impressive Midland engines. Lovely model, too...

attachicon.gif47971_BR_Garratt_1949_portrait2_starting_1ab_crop1_r1200.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

Magnificent, just magnificent.  Like a Shepherd painting.  Very artistic approach and when photo editing is done to this standard it proves just how good a tool it is to the modeller.  More please.

I don't think I have seen your work before I really like the first picture.....

Hi Jaz, glad you like the pic. You can follow my current work under Worseter .... in Layout topics. A selection of my various projects can be found in  www.johndarch.com.

Bruckless Junction was built for a friend. I think he bought most of the locos on ebay , so I don't know who was responsible for the weathering on the 37!

John