Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

yes there is - "is that real?"

I take the point about "no higher" being incorrect - it was just a rhetorical device, sorry.

I think the general thrust of what I was trying to say is "that looks at least twice as big as it really is", meaning it must have required proportionally finer and more fiddly work to achieve, demonstrating more skill on the part of the creator. Of course I didn't mean "that looks like a poor combination of scale and gauge" :)

I really hope Dave took the OP's compliment and my follow-up as what they were intended to be - compliments. If not I'm very sorry for any offence caused.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 2

Guest jim s-w

I take the point about "no higher" being incorrect - it was just a rhetorical device, sorry.

I think the general thrust of what I was trying to say is "that looks at least twice as big as it really is", meaning it must have required proportionally finer and more fiddly work to achieve, demonstrating more skill on the part of the creator. Of course I didn't mean "that looks like a poor combination of scale and gauge" :)

I really hope Dave took the OP's compliment and my follow-up as what they were intended to be - compliments. If not I'm very sorry for any offence caused.

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will

No need to appologise at all - I probably owe you one for using your comment to expand my own point (one I know you weren't making). I think we both get the jist though :D

Cheers

Jim

Maybe not up to the standard that others have set, but I do like this one.

sdc11369i.jpg

Since this was taken, a canopy has been added and a few seat and other paraphenalia

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It isn't steam but that is just lovely.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers, Mike! I've been getting some of my diesels out of storage this week and weathering them; makes a nice

change from pre-nationalisation steam.

It's June, 1950 in the early morning of a grey (well magnolia actually - I really must paint a sky backscene for these photos) day. A T1 4-8-0 tank slides along the down slow, passing the hawthorn blossoms, with its guards van as it returns to Hull and its days work.

I do enjoy taking these lineside pictures; it seems to re-create that wonder which we knew as kids just watching the trains.

Cheers

Mike

post-3150-127779278055.jpg

• Like 4

[Captain Kernow Pedantry Service on]

Er, if you are referring to the loco in Barry 10's photo, it's actually a Warship.... wink.gif

[/Captain Kernow Pedantry Service off]

Oops blush.gif !

Am I allowed to make one mistake???

• RMweb Premium

This is an image from my now dismantled Peterborough layout, which featured on the old RM web. There will be more if you are interested in BRM next month and the month after, and this image is reproduced by kind permission of the photographer, the inimitable Tony Wright, and BRM.post-98-127784618395_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

It's still June 1950 but on a glorious spring morning. A Peppercorn A1, then almost new, coasts under Hessle shipyard bridge into the early morning sun (and that really is the early morning sun - no-one could produce light like that) as it brings its train into Hull. I've posted this photo a few times and, as photos go, it isn't good; the depth of field has just gone. But for all that it does seem to work and convey something of the wondrous place which was the railway of our childhood and youth.

The picture is simply called - Early Morning A1.

Cheers

Mike

post-3150-127790141889.jpg

• Like 4