RMWeb Members Day at Taunton, 2013- full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

Now, now, don't forget that Maurice Hopper is bringing St Juliot to the event on the train!!

Yep. And don't forget the bus to St David's. And then the bus from Taunton station. Oh and then walk with it to the venue with the stock tucked into his rucksack. Oh yes... that layout's the very model of a modern layout portable!!   :dancer:

• RMweb Gold

Yep. And don't forget the bus to St David's. And then the bus from Taunton station. Oh and then walk with it to the venue with the stock tucked into his rucksack. Oh yes... that layout's the very model of a modern layout portable!!   :dancer:

.........and Kim and I had our honeymoon in St Juliot, not to mention that Maurice is a thoroughly nice chap.......

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

Now, now, don't forget that Maurice Hopper is bringing St Juliot to the event on the train!!

...well, that's me told off! I doff my (thermal fleece) hat to Mr Hopper for his layout portability. The fact remains though that my life is a bit too "random" at the moment to be able to commit to anything definite; and I really would need more than 6 5 weeks to make something - yes that's another week gone in a flash. Was it Douglas Adams who said "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by" ? :D

...well, that's me told off! I doff my (thermal fleece) hat to Mr Hopper for his layout portability. The fact remains though that my life is a bit too "random" at the moment to be able to commit to anything definite; and I really would need more than 6 5 weeks to make something - yes that's another week gone in a flash. Was it Douglas Adams who said "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by" ? :D

I like it. That's the spirit, Rich... whoooooooosh!   :sarcastic:

• RMweb Gold

I already have one module on the go - a re-scenic of the outdoor garden layout from last year.

As I've not had any offers to build the necessary module, I'm left with one of several choices :

i) Not have the module and shuffle the others around

ii) borrow a module from some one else (tried & failed, so far)

ii) Bring one of my other modules (one unfininhsed, one partly stripped) after some re-work

iv) Build a completely new module, in the 5 weeks or so that's left...

Which one should I go for ???

Go on then, count me in. I'll build a module, 3' x 2', for the day.

I've downloaded the PDF so I've got the specs. Stu, I'll drop you a p.m. later today just so that I can clarify a couple of points.

Arthur

IT LIVES!!!!!!

Well, kinda,

Basic module completed, so, it'll fill a 3 ft. gap and, at the very least, I can present it as 'Foamboard Flats'....

The track's not yet fixed, bit of contouring to do first.

post-6861-0-79390700-1364160879_thumb.jpg

Archived