RMWeb Members Day at Taunton, 2013- full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

Open question to CK and AndyY. Last Stafford do was a bit of a disaster photographically due to us all thinking that 'someone else' would do the honours.

I volunteered to do the job in 2013 and that same volunteering spirit carries me to Taunton as well.

I can bring the following equipment. Fuji Finepix s100sf camera with built on 28-400mm lens. This camera is capable of limited video. Tripod up to 6 foot elevation. Lencarta Pro studio flash head with a variety of accessories to vary lighting area and colour. Tripod for same. Circular reflector with fitting for the flash tripod. Camera mounted flash head. Step ladders for manual elevation.

I have to say that this equipment is bulky, heavy and valuable and will require a lot of dedication and humping on my part plus mains power so unless it is wanted, I won't bother.

If it is wanted, I would be quite happy to make some sort of presentation on a CD for posting out. I am pretty sure I have some discs available here at home.

I could extend this backwards into Saturday but I suspect that pics of any extra mural activity involving consumption of beer may well invoke some adverse (jealous) reaction from the overseas contingent denied access to proper beer, pub lunches and decent steam locomotives.

So do you want this?

Open question to CK and AndyY. Last Stafford do was a bit of a disaster photographically due to us all thinking that 'someone else' would do the honours.

I volunteered to do the job in 2013 and that same volunteering spirit carries me to Taunton as well.

I can bring the following equipment. Fuji Finepix s100sf camera with built on 28-400mm lens. This camera is capable of limited video. Tripod up to 6 foot elevation. Lencarta Pro studio flash head with a variety of accessories to vary lighting area and colour. Tripod for same. Circular reflector with fitting for the flash tripod. Camera mounted flash head. Step ladders for manual elevation.

I have to say that this equipment is bulky, heavy and valuable and will require a lot of dedication and humping on my part plus mains power so unless it is wanted, I won't bother.

If it is wanted, I would be quite happy to make some sort of presentation on a CD for posting out. I am pretty sure I have some discs available here at home.

I could extend this backwards into Saturday but I suspect that pics of any extra mural activity involving consumption of beer may well invoke some adverse (jealous) reaction from the overseas contingent denied access to proper beer, pub lunches and decent steam locomotives.

So do you want this?

Yes please, David. I'll have a CV of the forthcoming pasty eating competition with model trains-event. So long as you are prepared to 'volunteer' and do the humpin', then I'm prepared to buy a CD for a good cause. I admire your devotion to duty (and beer)!  :thankyou:  :derisive:

So do you want this?

As both CK and I tend to get wrapped up in procedural matters I think that's a marvellous suggestion David but maybe the lighting solution is difficult when you've got bodies and pasties around? At least if some more snaps are available than usual that's a bonus. :)

• RMweb Premium

Great idea David, and I would be interested in the photos.  Please be aware though that theres not a lot of space to move around, and it tends to get pretty busy.  So heavy and bulky equipment may not be the best option!

All the best,

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Rich, people don't often use words like "normal" in the same sentence as quoting my name.....

And I'm not sure I'd use words like "sanity" to describe railway modellers..... ;)

"Eccentric" is far more applicable, surely? :)

Thats one way to discribe your self!!

• RMweb Gold

As both CK and I tend to get wrapped up in procedural matters I think that's a marvellous suggestion David but maybe the lighting solution is difficult when you've got bodies and pasties around? At least if some more snaps are available than usual that's a bonus. :)

David - you've just got yourself a job, well-volunteered that man! Many thanks, it's a great idea, if you don't mind. I'm sure there'll be sufficient photos from the Saturday to avoid you having to lug heavy gear around the WSR as well, so just keep it to the Sunday at Staplegrove, if you like!

OK folks so I am now the self appointed quasi semi (un)official photographer for Taunton. ( Sweet Jesus what have I gorn and dun....mumble mumble )

The studio flash head has one very endearing feature, it is capable of being parked in a corner on automatic mode and flashing when it detects another flash going off. It is quite powerful and if turned up to maximum, is quite capable of lighting most of the hall at Staplegrove.

Nevertheless, on balance, I think I will bring all the gear I have and suss out the location to see it is viable and worth playing with and whether it will add anything to the results.

• RMweb Premium

I am now the self appointed quasi semi (un)official photographer for Taunton.

And in a style the Good Captain will recognise you are therefore the PICOP.  Person In Charge Of Photography ;)

CK himself is also the PICOP but in his case it's Person In Charge Of Pasties  !!!

• RMweb Gold

And in a style the Good Captain will recognise you are therefore the PICOP.  Person In Charge Of Photography ;)

CK himself is also the PICOP but in his case it's Person In Charge Of Pasties  !!!

Er, let's make that Person in charge of PICOPs, shall we!  :D

So should we refer to them as "a right pair of PICOPs" ?

Stu, sadly, I have a layout to finish....

One year though sir..... I really must take up your challenge

and build a module - promise......

I have copied this post to my external hard drive. It is available in multi copies to allcomers for the price of a pastie. Alternatively, you might approach Stu for a more colourful and up to date list of plausible ( and indeed less than plausible ) excuses.

Mine involves loss of mojo ( semi permanent ), grandmother's funeral ( I should only have used this once, damn it! ) and neighbours dog going missing ( it was a bit reluctant to leave my car on the third occasion I must say ).

• RMweb Gold

I have copied this post to my external hard drive. It is available in multi copies to allcomers for the price of a pastie. Alternatively, you might approach Stu for a more colourful and up to date list of plausible ( and indeed less than plausible ) excuses.

Mine involves loss of mojo ( semi permanent ), grandmother's funeral ( I should only have used this once, damn it! ) and neighbours dog going missing ( it was a bit reluctant to leave my car on the third occasion I must say ).

The grandmother's funeral one can get a bit too overused - at one place where I worked the Admin guy called in a Guard and asked him how many times his parents had remarried.  When the Guard asked why he was asked what else could explain his sixth request for a day off to attend his grandmother's funeral or explain the fact that he had failed to report for work because he subsequently stated he had been attending 'her' funeral.

• RMweb Gold

I am happy to report that following this year's succesfull and jaw-dropping module project (well, it's bound to be, isn't it ?) I will passing the Modulemeister's Hat on to some other unsuspecting worthy soul, as SWAG Day 2014 will see the debut of my new layout Shepherds & Treamble.

I somehow don't expect to be trampled in the rush for this most prestigeous post...

Oh, and just in case you weren't sure, we still need another module for this year, plenty of time to build one...

Now that the pasty saga has calmed down, we need to get onto the the REAL issue.............

what shirt to  go for this year?!!! :O  :locomotive:

We await your no-doubt amazing technicolor revelation on the appointed day, BlackRat!

As for the interminable pasty debate... dunna fear ol' man, it lives on (and on) in an alternative ethereal realm: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68958-taunton-members-day-pasties-and-rhubarb/ 

• RMweb Gold

We await your do-doubt amazing technicolor revelation on the appointed day, BlackRat!

As for the interminable pasty debate... dunna fear ol' man, it lives on (and on) in an alternative ethereal realm: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68958-taunton-members-day-pasties-and-rhubarb/ 

Careful now, or I'll start another new thread on the subject of BlackRat's colourful shirts!!  :P

Archived