RMWeb Members Day at Taunton, 2013- full line-up announced

Captain Kernow

I can neither agree or disagree with this question due to the risk to my personal credibility.They were pasties with the folded flap simply pressed together and not mechanically joined by rolling.A pie has a separate depressed base containing the filling with (normally) a pastry lid on the top.Meanwhile back at the do in Taunton (Somerset) the pasties are being supplied from South Brent (Devon) so why are the Cornish trying to bring any influence into the subject?Wally

I can neither agree or disagree with this question due to the risk to my personal credibility.They were pasties with the folded flap simply pressed together and not mechanically joined by rolling.A pie has a separate depressed base containing the filling with (normally) a pastry lid on the top.Meanwhile back at the do in Taunton (Somerset) the pasties are being supplied from South Brent (Devon) so why are the Cornish trying to bring any influence into the subject?Wally

Thats not Ginsters by any chance is it ? ;)

I can neither agree or disagree with this question due to the risk to my personal credibility.

I think thats called a pie!! Jerry

They were pasties with the folded flap simply pressed together and not mechanically joined by rolling.A pie has a separate depressed base containing the filling with (normally) a pastry lid on the top.Meanwhile back at the do in Taunton (Somerset) the pasties are being supplied from South Brent (Devon) so why are the Cornish trying to bring any influence into the subject?Wally

• RMweb Gold

pasty diaspora' we are still debating...     

I can assure you, Sir, that there's no diaspora in our pasties! The very thought of it! Whatever next, horse??!!  :O

btw Jerry, CTMK says that pies are crimped as well - all around their edges.... :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Will they be crimped as cock, or hen pasties?  ;)

Regards,

Nick

Sounds like a load of cock and bull to me.... :P

Geoff - indeed - I think it's probably high time we returned to talk of the actual show!... Here's a thread for all the other genteel discussion - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68958-taunton-members-day-pasties-and-rhubarb/

• RMweb Premium

I see that the Pasty discussion now has a thread of its own.

I'm starting to get Bridport Town ready for April, with a spot of re-wiring here and there to remove the odd glitch and the minor mods I made when attempting DCC.

So anyone who wants a play will have to contend with the old section switches, but I've realised they're not as bad as I thought they were!

Cheers,

Dave.

Just a taster shot of Cashmores.....

I've fitted (2nd hand) Ultrascale EM wheels to the 08
It needs re-numbering, to an Ebbw Junction loco, and a spot of weathering

The pannier was already EM'd, and picked up for £8
Most of the track - appart from 1 point, has been re-cycled
as has some of the retaining wall

I'm in the middle of building J Cashmores' large corrugated building (well, the small part I'm reproducing!)
And my foling fiddle cassettes are under construction

Hoping it will be as complete as poss by the members day..... :O

post-2973-0-16157000-1362390694_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I see that the Pasty discussion now has a thread of its own.

I'm starting to get Bridport Town ready for April, with a spot of re-wiring here and there to remove the odd glitch and the minor mods I made when attempting DCC.

So anyone who wants a play will have to contend with the old section switches, but I've realised they're not as bad as I thought they were!

Cheers,

Dave.

Craig is looking forward to having a play !

• RMweb Premium

In honour of today (5th March - at least where I am!) being St. Piran's Day and upon which the Cornish pasty-tossing festival takes place may I just say three words to all our Cornish members?

OGGY OGGY OGGY !!!!!

Now back to the Captain's Tauntonian Pasty and Minitrain festival :D

• RMweb Gold

Just a taster shot of Cashmores.....

Lovely stuff, I was a bit concerned that there wasn't going to be a Marc Smith contribution - normal service has been resumed :D 

As usual, very much looking forward to the day - a bit of sanity from the chaos in my life :O

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Visas have been applied for and will hopefully be stamped for the border crossing in to the deep south again this year.

I hope with all this talk of new pasties, i hope they will be up to standard or i wont be coming down again (everyone is now clapping their hands with glee!! )

see you all the end of April

cheers

Simon

Lovely stuff, I was a bit concerned that there wasn't going to be a Marc Smith contribution - normal service has been resumed :D

As usual, very much looking forward to the day - a bit of sanity from the chaos in my life :O

Rich, people don't often use words like "normal" in the same sentence as quoting my name.....

And I'm not sure I'd use words like "sanity" to describe railway modellers..... ;)

"Eccentric" is far more applicable, surely? :)

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'm so eccentric my centre of rotation is outside my circumference! (lil' bit of engineering humour there, ladies & genn'lmen....)

I can assure you that the RMweb day will definitely be a bit of respite from day to day life, even if not entirely sane... ;)

• RMweb Premium

Only just picked up on this thread - I noted CK's comment about my "convertible" layout and thought I'd better clarify; I intend to bring both sets of completed buildings and ring the changes from WR to S&D (or vice versa) about lunch time.

Well, I'm so eccentric my centre of rotation is outside my circumference! ......

Rich, it has been 2 days since I read this, and I still don't understand it! :laugh: 

I'm hoping to have figured it out by the Taunton event ;)

I need a lie-down, or to go & play trains.... yes

Damn, I'm in work.....

Archived