Great British Locomotives

EddieB

A Strangeness has occurred.

The postman has just blessed me with a completely unexplained N gauge model of a Portuguese Railways switcher. Looks like the precursor series that GBL have been giving away with the OO locos...

No idea what that's all about. No explanation, no documentation. And I must say that were I to have a wish list a teeny orange switcher wouldn't be near the top.

I've just had a thought - Claude makes his appearance next week, and we aren't sure what happens after that. I'll be away, and I desperately want a couple of extra T9s. They aren't scheduled until I'm back, but now all bets are off. If it's released while I'm in France, could any kind person pick a couple up for me - usual terms, swapsies or cash, and my undying gratitude, should the situation arise.

Bizarrely I recieved another Deltic in the post today, didn't even ask for it but not complaining though. What I did ask for a couple of weeks ago was my still outstanding A4 and Coronation.

I don't get it!

Shane

Edited by Wolf27

That sounds just like my scenario! No payment taken this month but dont forget they sent out an email stating that because they had naffed up the payment schedule, they would be missing a month to get back on track, not ahead of it. At least I think thats what they meant!

cheers

Shane

Edited by Wolf27

• RMweb Premium

I've got three, well two and a pile of sliced pieces now and really think a couple more would be a worthwhile investment.  Lets see what London has tomorrow!

Edited by John M Upton

Yes. Senior moment brought on by cupboards.

I blame that Portuguese N gauge model - I bet you've never put  it down since you got it!! Would have loved to have seen your face when you discovered that in your parcel! On a serious note the last few posts on this page concerning subscriptions are like something out of BBC-1's Watchdog programme.

• Like 1

I have the previous range of n gauge locomotives of the world, I think it was a different company that made them. Strangely the free n gauge locos that have come with this series are different locos to that range. I hope the folder turn up soon

There have been two series of N gauge locos I believe. One from 'Del Prado' (which later appeared being sold off at boot sales - I got a Danish 'Atlantic') and this one, which I don't remember seeing in the UK.

I'll most likely bring the wrath of this forum down on my head. now don't get me wrong I very much admire and respect the efforts to Motorize the GBL models but It dose beg the question in some cases why?

I plan to get a few of the T9 when/if they come out as a base for converting into something Scottish where there is no RTR alternative so see them as nothing more as a source of spares parts and a means to an end but why go to all the work fitting body's to RTR chassis of the same type/class, why not just buy the RTR one in the first place like the GBL 4MT tank and the Bachmann RTR one aren't you just destroying one just to create another exactly the same.

Now lets sit back and watch how many people instead of answering my question constructively just rush lemming like to hit the disagree button

• Like 1

Hi all,

London in reply to your statement. I have been collecting working secondhand chassis's very cheaply. I intend to make my own frames and use the works from the chassis I have already bought. I have not paid more than £10 for any chassis.So that is how I am making them work for me.

Cypherman

• Like 2

I'll most likely bring the wrath of this forum down on my head. now don't get me wrong I very much admire and respect the efforts to Motorize the GBL models but It dose beg the question in some cases why?

I plan to get a few of the T9 when/if they come out as a base for converting into something Scottish where there is no RTR alternative so see them as nothing more as a source of spares parts and a means to an end but why go to all the work fitting body's to RTR chassis of the same type/class, why not just buy the RTR one in the first place like the GBL 4MT tank and the Bachmann RTR one aren't you just destroying one just to create another exactly the same.

Now lets sit back and watch how many people instead of answering my question constructively just rush lemming like to hit the disagree button

I think most folks are using 2nd hand chassis and/or 'roundtuit' items they have lurking in their 'bits boxes'.  I agree that I can't see much point in doing a lot of work exchanging a body if the one being replaced is OK or salvagable.  The Butler Henderson (if it ever arrives) might be interesting though, but for me that will depend on the quality of the livery.