RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

No, no, there are P Class locos in the photos, young Mr Muz hasn't got his grubby little hands on the Hattons versions already, has he?

Do you know what, I looked and stared at these and they didn't register what they were. Dave has now posted images on their relevant thread of all twelve.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126142-secr-p-class-0-6-0t-in-oo-gauge/page-12&do=findComment&comment=2881711

• RMweb Premium

Do you know what, I looked and stared at these and they didn't register what they were. Dave has now posted images on their relevant thread of all twelve.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126142-secr-p-class-0-6-0t-in-oo-gauge/page-12&do=findComment&comment=2881711

Did you know you wanted one Rob?

• RMweb Premium

Find me a photo of one on the SDB and I'll buy one.

post-2326-0-76538700-1507571342.jpg

Had been to Laira for servicing when it was borrowed for the Totnes Dartmouth Branch to test for clearances.

Philter

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think my Sven ought to take a look at that front coupling and see if it would work for him.

Was that Ulrika or Nancy who said that?

• RMweb Gold
I think my Sven ought to take a look at that front coupling and see if it would work for him.[/

Keeping up with the emerging acronyms on the Peco point thread, Sven has decided Samantha might just be RTL.

• RMweb Gold

What happened to the real Dumble? It seems to have taken root in Buckfastleigh never to be seen again!

Brian

I don't think the owner/s/society can afford her and she's too heavy for the South Devon Railway, I'm surprised Jeremy Hoskin hasn't stepped in with a rescue package to fatten up his mainline fleet,

it would be a shame to see it rust away.

• RMweb Gold

According to the SDR website the line has been upgraded and can now handle red locos

But the Hall is still

In the queue (presumably a fair way down), would be better sold off to someone else who will restore it.

Even if the SDR do get it running it doesn’t really fit in with the branch anyway...

• RMweb Gold

What happened to the real Dumble? It seems to have taken root in Buckfastleigh never to be seen again!

Brian

From its Facebook page:

Dumbleton Hall 4920

18 April ·

Hopefully the tide is starting to turn for 4920.

Please support our dream of getting her steaming again and become a member.

This Sunday see's our annual AGM at the CAT building beside Saunders House at Buckfastleigh station at 2pm. If you are a member PLEASE attend, it's crucial to get as many of our members together so that we can strive forward with our aims for Dumbleton Hall.