RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Very much in the running but also the dearest candidate. Any thoughts ?

attachicon.gifSRES1-500x500.jpg

attachicon.gifSRES2-500x500.jpg

attachicon.gifSRES3-500x500.jpg

Very nice. But why not built something  like that yourself. Buy a load of brick plastic sheet, some wood planked plastic sheet, a Dapol (ex Airfix) watertower ,a new hobbyknife and off you go.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Robin - with the goods shed, there's no excuse really, the original is still there and a nice gentleman checked my teeth in it the other day. Measurements and photos can be obtained and you could either build it yourself or perhaps commission what would be a unique model.

As for the loco shed, I do like the Timber Tracks version, but I also very much like the effect you get with the Townstreet plastercast range. I've not seen the engine shed kit, but the goods shed kit I did for Callow Lane needed a bit of fettling to get the parts to fit together to my satisfaction, so you might need some Polyfilla on hand or similar, but that's part of the charm. They do scrub up well, though, if you put the effort in.

There aren't that many of those kits made up, well, you don't see them in magazines or at shows that often, so you'd also end up with a pretty unique model, in my view.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Robin - with the goods shed, there's no excuse really, the original is still there and a nice gentleman checked my teeth in it the other day. Measurements and photos can be obtained and you could either build it yourself or perhaps commission what would be a unique model.

As for the loco shed, I do like the Timber Tracks version, but I also very much like the effect you get with the Townstreet plastercast range. I've not seen the engine shed kit, but the goods shed kit I did for Callow Lane needed a bit of fettling to get the parts to fit together to my satisfaction, so you might need some Polyfilla on hand or similar, but that's part of the charm. They do scrub up well, though, if you put the effort in.

There aren't that many of those kits made up, well, you don't see them in magazines or at shows that often, so you'd also end up with a pretty unique model, in my view.

The goods shed will be a proper job built like my other buildings by David Amais when funds permit. The engine shed is a more general build and the Townstreet model looks ok at first glance and I know what's entailed in their build. The bonus is not many modellers have one on their layout.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Yeah, but it's not a patch on 21C166 though, is it?

Please forgive me as I too are about to sin...

The first loco I ever bought for myself was R374, 21C166 Spitfire.

I still have it but ear plugs are recommended when running it (if I can find any code 100 that is)

• RMweb Gold

So is it the single road stone built example that you are thinking about, Robin?

It's looking like the favourite. If I remember rightly you built their water tower. Painting is a joy on plaster.

• RMweb Gold

It's looking like the favourite. If I remember rightly you built their water tower. Painting is a joy on plaster.

Use the Decorators trick coat it with 1 part PVA to 4 Parts water well mixed and let it dry out over night before painting. :paint: