A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Er, yes, so do I. In fact, some of my best friends are nice trees.

So, what sort of tree are you and would you be windswept or in a copse ?

A.Tichmarsh

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Actually, no, it's not very nice sandstone at all.

Grimsby.

I think calling it Sandstone is an insult to hard rocks. This stuff is basically pebbles and red sand which just happens to like being loosely together. Prod it and it comes to bits. Get it wet and you have mud. Rubbish stuff. The LSWR had proper hard rock, granite. Good stuff.

Grimsby?.... As I said no prize.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think calling it Sandstone is an insult to hard rocks. This stuff is basically pebbles and red sand which just happens to like being loosely together. Prod it and it comes to bits. Get it wet and you have mud. Rubbish stuff. The LSWR had proper hard rock, granite. Good stuff.

Grimsby?.... As I said no prize.

Have to agree. Not for nothing was the GWR known as " Geologically Wishy Washy Rubble"

On the other hand, the L&SWR was always known as " Large & Strong Weatherbeaten Rock"

No contest.

• RMweb Premium

My railway room temperature is not too bad and I took a few shots of 5998 Trevor Hall on an up mixed regions parcels. We all have our favourite trains and this consist is one of mine. Siphon G, LMS BG,LMS CCT,SR PLV, Fruit D, Fruit D, LMS CCT , GW K40.

attachicon.gifDSCN3774 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3775 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3777 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3781 (2).JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN3784 (2).JPG

Very nice. I do like higgledy-piggledy parcels trains.

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone suffered buckled rails in the heat of the Railway Room?

I bavent ventured out to look, however I did a lot of track testing in last years heat wave (including widening a lot of insulating gaps.

My biggest worry are the copper clad points in my fiddleyard and those on Wheal Imogen in the concrete inset track

We all have our favourite trains and this consist is one of mine. Siphon G, LMS BG,LMS CCT,SR PLV, Fruit D, Fruit D, LMS CCT , GW K40.

Less of these American alternatives to good English words in 1947 ANTB please. I blame the hot weather....... :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Less of these American alternatives to good English words in 1947 ANTB please. I blame the hot weather....... :jester:

It won't be stopping at any train station !

• Like 1