A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

"I say Charles, should we ask about his draincocks or maybe he'll show us his cylinders if we're nice to him".

"Don't be stupid Bertie there's nothing to see under a Suvvern mans skirt !"

post-20303-0-41701000-1501149112.jpeg

Di Dindawool

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

He looks like he's jiving what an odd place to do that, 'spose Southern men went a bit loopy after driving meat tins around it must have been the smell of the burning oil from the chain baths.  :rofl:

• Like 3

There some wonderful filters tucked away in our computer programs.

I think they have a charm of their own so no doubt we'll be seeing some more?

Lovely

Edited by KNP

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon  all - I have returned (assuming you'd noticed that I'd gone).  Precipitating steadily in Plymouth this a.m. but very sunny and hot in Dartmouth yesterday (from where I saw some trains across the water) otherwise all I have done trainwise in the past week is travel on them.

However we saw a model signalbox (very large scale, probably the biggest model signalbox in Britain and in fact rather longer than scale length)

attachicon.gifDSCF9813.jpg

And we saw a couple of Castles, starting with 4088

attachicon.gifDSCF9757.jpg

then, a bit later, 5015 - which was in steam

attachicon.gifDSCF9792.jpg

We must have passed like ships in the afternoon, Mike.

These images also from Tuesday:

post-57-0-41197000-1501166137.jpg

post-57-0-04303200-1501166153.jpg

post-57-0-00476500-1501166163.jpg

Don't suppose you were lurking here last Sunday as well?

post-57-0-82123100-1501166186.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I have a quandry chaps, advice welcomed.

I have photographic evidence of a Duke 9083 Comet and Bulldog 3448 Kingfisher working the DNSR in the post war period. I know that Didcot had Dukedog 9015 in its allocation around the same time.

Not knowing the latter, i bought a Ks kit of a Duke to build Comet but decided if I could get a cheap Earl/Dukedog from Baccy I would try to strip it down and use a hybrid of baccy bits and Ks kit to build a Duke that might actually work.

I just got a Dukedog cheap from Rails (78.50)

So should I persist with the high effort option of building the Duke or is it fair to asssume that if Didcot had a mixed allocation of OSF 4-4-0s they would have used them interchangably? In which case i will run the Dukedog as-is and flog the Duke kit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Masterpiece Models Rob put me onto them, those in the Manor have been supplied by the BBC Come Dancing Team they will be taking the Finchings to the local hop later. :mosking:

V Silvester

Why did Victor Sylvester send his new suit trousers back to be altered?

No ballroom!

• RMweb Gold

I have a quandry chaps, advice welcomed.

I have photographic evidence of a Duke 9083 Comet and Bulldog 3448 Kingfisher working the DNSR in the post war period. I know that Didcot had Dukedog 9015 in its allocation around the same time.

Not knowing the latter, i bought a Ks kit of a Duke to build Comet but decided if I could get a cheap Earl/Dukedog from Baccy I would try to strip it down and use a hybrid of baccy bits and Ks kit to build a Duke that might actually work.

I just got a Dukedog cheap from Rails (78.50)

So should I persist with the high effort option of building the Duke or is it fair to asssume that if Didcot had a mixed allocation of OSF 4-4-0s they would have used them interchangably? In which case i will run the Dukedog as-is and flog the Duke kit.

My logic would be buy another dukedog and do both....

I keep thinking about doing similar to get a bulldog, only to hold fire as in all likelihood Bachmann will do one rtr before I finish Brent. If that isn't the case having a go at a conversion will be even more likley

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I say chaps, I don't suppose anyone on here has a redundant laptop power supply thingy that is 12V? If so I need (to experiment with) a few re point motor supply and I'm happy to pay postage etc and maybe sing a song or two.

Philth

• RMweb Gold

My logic would be buy another dukedog and do both....

I keep thinking about doing similar to get a bulldog, only to hold fire as in all likelihood Bachmann will do one rtr before I finish Brent. If that isn't the case having a go at a conversion will be even more likley

If they announce one tomorrow with their current lead time you might see it in the shop in 2021/2 or even later judging on their latest performance which is a shame.  :resent:

• RMweb Gold

If they announce one tomorrow with their current lead time you might see it in the shop in 2021/2 or even later judging on their latest performance which is a shame.  :resent:

True, but based on the loco kits in my build pile, my rate of progress isn't any better.

• Like 1