A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I have a serious loco crew shortage and I was contemplating butchering my lads old toys for use of this one. :jester:

post-126-0-49759900-1407962603.jpg

I can see a caption contest come the weekend. ;)

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I have a serious loco crew shortage and I was contemplating butchering my lads old toys for use of this one. :jester:

attachicon.giftomy-push-n-go-thmas-the-tank-engine driver.jpg

I can see a caption contest come the weekend. ;)

And at least you'll know what 'IT' is by then and might be looking for yet another crew perhaps ;)  Be good whilst I'm away in the west.

I have a serious loco crew shortage .......

I'd better cancel this dream sequence then:

post-9751-0-28480500-1407963956.jpg

Jubilation at Tigley Junction Shed as Hornby come up trumps and provide a fully refurbished R143 28xx No.2857 as a replacement for the disgraced 3864. This loco has been completely rebuilt, superdetailed to modern standards and repainted into GWR livery. This loco was due to be allocated to Laira, but Newton have arranged for a temporary transfer to Tigley to assist with the heavy freight loco shortage.

2857 is seen backing onto Tigley Shed  with Shedmaster Sweet anxiously watching the tender for signs of smoke, although Hornby have assured him their revised connection system is 100% failure proof.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I can't compete with David's excellent photoshoppery but I can offer a caption contest before tomorrows big announcement from Kernow Models. ;)

post-126-0-52817600-1408037500_thumb.jpg

Tigley Junctions crew shortage is sorted via Japan.

• RMweb Gold

I've got a duck under.Ask Mike Stationmaster as he hit his head on it when he visited last year.Be warned.

post-14122-0-08247100-1408050552.jpg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great news from Kernow Models/DJM on them doing the 1361 class and I'll be getting the shirtbutton version.I have a very nice photo of 1363 taking water at Brent in '64 just before the station closed.It's in the Middleton Press book  'Newton to Plymouth'.

I hope these sell by the bucket load.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have noticed that our resident Duck is a bit unruly at times , maybe he should be sent

here for a bit of training .

http://www.wimp.com/ducksattention/

Those ducks are whimps; I'd have crapped on his boots as I went past. post-2326-0-12222200-1408107580.jpg

Nevertheless, he made me jump and suddenly start marching around the room......frightening. :scared:

He will, though, meet his end quite soon as in the back of his shed lurkspost-2326-0-19036600-1408107623.jpg 

My 1361 Saddle Tank was seen running LE and taking water at Seaton Junction one Sunday in July 1961. It was en route to Bristol (then probably back to Bridgewater once checked over). Diverted due to flash flooding near Tiverton Junction.............................yes, ...................honestly..................it was.............................. really.......................I have the evidence somewhere in the loft............ :mail:

What a superb choice of loco Dave...................11/10 for that one mate and the gang at Diddycot.

Sincerely Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

Gazing into the Finching's crystal ball reveals this glimpse of the future at Tigley:

post-9751-0-93951600-1408108892.jpg

Rumours are circulating suggesting that the "Seawall" section is to be remodelled yet again to represent Teign Brentmouth Old Quay, complete with a quay siding to give 1363 something useful to do.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Kernow are obviously letting their standards slip - after producing the wonderful BWT and the current O2 project they have descended to the low depths of producing a Grot Wessy dock tank.

I shall be writing to my MP about this.

Yours

Disgusted of NW Leicestershire

(currently building a 1366 in 7mm)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow are obviously letting their standards slip - after producing the wonderful BWT and the current O2 project they have descended to the low depths of producing a Grot Wessy dock tank.

I shall be writing to my MP about this.

Yours

Disgusted of NW Leicestershire

(currently building a 1366 in 7mm)

Do what I do in these situations.See the management.SWMBO says it's ok.

Nice photo here.http://www.davidheyscollection.com/USERIMAGES/l-hanson-1362-newton-abbot-copy.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Gazing into the Finching's crystal ball reveals this glimpse of the future at Tigley:

attachicon.gif

If we ask our Dutch friend nicely he may offer to superimpose this image onto my fiddle yard running lines. ;) Remember the 64xx he did.

post-126-0-69600000-1408120442.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Are you sure they are not North Korean ducks as they all look the same and are all doing exactly the same thing to order.

What sort of duck is the fox eating then?.....

That's a slightly inflammatory avatar Master Hill.........

Rob