A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Beautiful paint job Rob. Good looking coach of course.

Quackers

One of my first builds so wouldn't take too many close up shots.Nice vehicles. ;)

Reminds me I must put some paint on my K42 and get some more sides from Geoff to do another one.

Geoff is still on the mend I believe.

• RMweb Gold

A lovely sunny day at Tigley junction.A fitter here,Tommy Traddles is usually a placid ,easy going man but this morning the driver of 3796 has told him some very disturbing news which caused a few spanners to be thrown...........

Somethings brewing.

One of my two Laira branded toads that have had the laserglaze treatment and lamps added.

post-126-0-47428400-1408272669_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 11

Some loco's are not realistic at all; just look at this lot.......unbelieveable

attachicon.gifKings.jpg

This layout owner must try harder.

P

How VERY dare you...

It's a highly authentic 12":1' scale model of Didcot Railway Centre in the early 21st century period. All locomotives are sound fitted and even the track gauge is accurate to two different prototypes as well!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

Yes but the painter who had the paint by numbers list lost it and guessed what colours they should be, obviously he did'nt know they should have all been painted mid chrome green.  :blind:

Yes - they may have all been green at one point or another but the collection would be unbelievably boring if it were all the one colour green wouldn't it?

A magnificent spectrum of liveries gives a magnificent spectrum of interesting stories...

In any case if you have to put all 81Es locomotives back into their original liveries, there will still be one unlined black (No. 3822), one lined black (No.6998), one maroon (Shannon is reputed in some sources to have been so) and of course one khaki (No.5322). There are also the pre grouping liveries on Nos. 1340 and 1338. The industrial liveries of No. DL 29 & Bonnie Prince Charlie. Oh, and railmotor No. 93 is maroon, No. 22 is chocolate and cream, and the less said about No. 08 604 the better...

I can't wait for the reaction when when we put No. 4079 out in FGW blue with pink and purple stripes!

Thinking about it you can have Nos. 2999, 1014. & 4709 in any livery we like as we are writing their history by building them!

DBS livery on steam anyone?

That C2C one was quite nice...

No, got it - Wrexham & Shropshire silver - magic!

All the best,

Castle

PS: Some of the information contained above MAY be a deliberate attempt to wind certain people up.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Here we see Tommy Traddles at work by the shed.It looks busy even though it's a Sunday.7200 is being coaled and 3796 is passing on a short parcels.

post-126-0-39389100-1408280923_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-40670800-1408280949_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-18645600-1408280967_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-56624600-1408281061_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-17691700-1408281101_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure that she'd is long enough Rob...

I blame the management who planned Tigley Junction.The shed was never intended for a 72xx class.Pannier's and prairies mainly and came from my first layout attempt with my late father, 'Kingscombe'.One day when funds permit I may get a better shed built which is more suitable.

post-126-0-94437600-1408286179_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Superb figure painting, Robin

I can claim no credit for those as it's the work of another Rob,The Purple Primer of this parish who painted them superbly.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

One day when funds permit I may get a better shed built which is more suitable.

I think it's good to have a shed which is the right size for the home fleet but not big enough for the occasional visitors.

Edited to wipe drool from post....

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn't take you long to appear Colin. :mosking:

Doctor Doctor, I keep having sexual fantasies over pictures of a chap who thinks he's a pirate who thinks he's a duck who thinks he's Jenny Agguter.

Make like a pair of curtains man and pull yourself together

• RMweb Gold

My daughter was wondering why Tommy has chickens in his wheelbarrow.

I tried to explain....

Would she prefer rhinos or maybe a Devonshire cordyline......

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just came across this two year old video clip of 5043 storming the Devon banks.I wonder if anyone can describe the locations for me,obviously the first is Dainton tunnel but what about the rest please.Very powerful. although my discerning eye ignores the double chimney and Hawkworth tender. ;) Its working hard.

• Like 8