A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

When you get back, I think I may promote Assistant Deputy Chief Supervisor.

Which translated means :

When, or if, you get back or don't get back, notwithstanding where 'back' may or not be, I, or someone purporting to be me, may, or may not, consider promoting you to a more lowly position with a grander title, which will probably have a lower salary, but correspondingly more responsibility.

Edited by Stubby47

• RMweb Premium

Ah, well I shall be taking my 'I supported the miners' badge, and t'musket so that I feel at home in Coilytown. However, I am now a little anxious about my possible promotion. However I can get 'support' from

post-14122-0-74908900-1407700479.jpg

and amuse myself with

post-2326-0-70668500-1407743690.jpg

and

post-2326-0-48483200-1407743716.jpg

If I get to wear a new uniform I shall be OK .post-2326-0-67041400-1407743952.jpg

Now, on with the daily chores before SWMBO gets home this afternoon

post-2326-0-15218500-1407744086.jpg

Quack

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Which translated means :

When, or if, you get back or don't get back, notwithstanding where 'back' may or not be, I, or someone purporting to be me, may, or may not, consider promoting you to a more lowly position with a grander title, which will probably have a lower salary, but correspondingly more responsibility.

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment...

• RMweb Gold

Something nice for Robin, and even on topic!

attachicon.gifBrent-Canopy-test.jpg

Has been a while, have been busy, but yesterday  I felt like working on Brent again.

Not there yet, but getting closer!

Thanks Sierd.The guy don't say much but listens from the background.When he posts, he posts work like this and it makes me realise what fabulous friends we have on RMweb at times.I salute you.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Sierd.The guy don't say much but listens from the background.When he posts, he posts work like this and it makes me realise what fabulous friends we have on RMweb at times.I salute you.

But where's the rhino?

• RMweb Gold

Caught him earlier today deeper in Brent Woods helping to raise the level of the River Avon after the recent dry spell.

attachicon.gifrhino-pee.jpg

Parental warning: this image is not suitable for Sierd's daughter.

Now you're definitely taking the p*** ! :jester:

Caught him earlier today deeper in Brent Woods helping to raise the level of the River Avon after the recent dry spell.

attachicon.gifrhino-pee.jpg

Parental warning: this image is not suitable for Sierd's daughter.

I have a similar problem with Elephants on my layout, I think they live in my fridge but every time I look for them they hide, though they leave tell tall tracks in the butter

"Wish I could join you... With or without a Rhino disguise".........

This is the disguise I was going to wear until I realised the event wasn't being held at the Rhino Arena:

post-9751-0-09474100-1407795809.jpg

Instead I shall be avoiding Rob disguised like this, but with some head foliage added, after visiting the tree and foliage making demonstration at the Ricoh.

post-9751-0-09752300-1407795886.jpg

My backpack will be filled with bricks, as "Exercise Ricoh" is a dry run for the far more dangerous "Operation Warley" later this year, and the bricks are designed to simulate the weight of stock plundered from a surgical strike on the Bachmann Seconds stand.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Last night I got the kids to bed, Memsahib off to work and decided to do a bit of railway modelling. So, got everything ready to go, pint of ale to hand. Sat down drew breath and congratulated myself on a day well spent, for which I was about to be justly rewarded.

Then we had a power cut.....just my house....no one else....just me....Phone call to Western Power confirmed just us....I am not on a remote hill farm. I am on a reasonably busy road surrounded by other houses.

Bu**er. The only chance I have had to do a spot of modelling in a fortnight and I am struck a crushing blow by Cac, God of chaos.

Hour and a half later the power was restored....by which time I have sunk the pint and had two large ( it was dark yer honour) single malts.....experience told I was over the prescribed limit to model. Dragged sad old carcass off to bed...

End.

Rob.

Edited by nhy581

just thought i`d share the (really!) view from my bedroom window... would probably not look out of place on the layout... built by the international group of the Great Western Masons, i suspect...

Looks like an excellent use of the SSMP207 Wills Round Roof Tiles Materials Pack.

post-9751-0-94351800-1407862256.jpg

You will have to tell us your secret method for obtaining that subtle concave angled roof shape without breaking the sheets of material.

• RMweb Gold

On a serious note I would like to mention the passing of Robin Williams if I may.I've mentioned Jumanji quite a few times on here of which of course he starred.

post-126-0-87258200-1407868463.jpg

A very funny man.R.I.P. Mrs Doubtfire too.

Edited by gwrrob