A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

There will be no nudist beach.

No worries - the Finchings are following up Donw's personal tip with regard to Strete Naturist Beach and have discovered that Western National service 93 will get them from Kingsbridge to Strete and back, although they don't like buses much.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

No worries - the Finchings are following up Donw's personal tip with regard to Strete Naturist Beach and have discovered that Western National service 93 will get them from Kingsbridge to Strete and back, although they don't like buses much.

Perhaps the rough seat material irritates their delicate bottoms, as they are nude?

Moor. T. Vicar

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I'm shocked that after a mere 24 hours absence from the site due to IT problems, I find that the discussion has degenerated into questions of nudity.

I'm now wondering if I was actually responsible for that, by referring to the occasion that the Finching sisters pinched the butcher's Cumberland sausage?

• RMweb Premium

I am not sure if naturists travel to the beach au naturelle. Mind you it could liven up day excursions for the ticket collector!

Don

I'm not responding to that as it might incriminate me and the piece would involve the word bloomers.

Quackers.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not responding to that as it might incriminate me and the piece would involve the word bloomers.

Quackers.

British Home Stores Dreadnought class bloomers might be best, iron-clad and capable of resisting all but the largest shells that the High Seas Fleet can throw at them.

• RMweb Premium

Dreadnought was a Jubilee (45718) and then 'reincarnated'  as a BB Warship I think? Well actually the Jubilee (and Warship?) ran at the same time until about 1964. Jub almost outlasted the Warships (sort of).

Parp.

P.S. 

Thompson Pacific

P.P.S. 61306......nice.

Dreadnought was a Jubilee (45718) and then 'reincarnated'  as a BB Warship I think?...

I thought Dreadnought was one of the Fury class. Built at Swindon in 1846/7 they were the first of a very long line of GWR 0-6-0s. However, it's possible that you might be thinking of the Bristol and Gloucester's 0-6-0T built in 1842 by Stothert and Slaughter using parts supplied by the Vulcan Foundry.

Nick

• RMweb Gold

You know what, it's heartening to know that even conversations on the subjects of nudism, Cumberland sausages and heavy-duty underwear can be brought back to the straight and narrow by the dedicated regulars on this thread...

Hamilton Academicals.

You know what, it's heartening to know that even conversations on the subjects of nudism, Cumberland sausages and heavy-duty underwear can be brought back to the straight and narrow by the dedicated regulars on this thread...

Hamilton Academicals.

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

I thought Dreadnought was one of the Fury class. Built at Swindon in 1846/7 they were the first of a very long line of GWR 0-6-0s. However, it's possible that you might be thinking of the Bristol and Gloucester's 0-6-0T built in 1842 by Stothert and Slaughter using parts supplied by the Vulcan Foundry.

Nick

I wouldn't be knowing about such worthy machines as I only woke up in 1958.

Here is the Jubilee, Dreadnought, leaving Gloucester during the 1960 floods.post-2326-0-35134400-1426254677.jpg

Amilton Hcidemicals (nudist squad)

Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't be knowing about such worthy machines as I only woke up in 1958.

Here is the Jubilee, Dreadnought, leaving Gloucester during the 1960 floods.attachicon.gif2.jpg

Amilton Hcidemicals (nudist squad)

Quackers.

Thank goodness it's not yellow as we would have a chorus after 'There's a town where I was born....

• RMweb Gold

Dreadnought was a Jubilee (45718) and then 'reincarnated'  as a BB Warship I think? Well actually the Jubilee (and Warship?) ran at the same time until about 1964. Jub almost outlasted the Warships (sort of).

Parp.

P.S. 

Thompson Pacific

P.P.S. 61306......nice.

And an English Electric class 50. Also nice hammering through Brent!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I consider ANTB a rare glimpse into what really goes on in the mind of the British railway modeller. I hear Cambridge have 5 anthropologists working on it.

• RMweb Gold

And an English Electric class 50. Also nice hammering through Brent!

I'm putting you in charge over the weekend Colin so anything is possible including the Blue Pullman.

post-126-0-73898500-1426267063_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to see this replicated on ANTBpost-2326-0-44576600-1426268425.jpg

and this just for funpost-2326-0-69182700-1426268456.jpg..look at those vans......

....and we'll have fun, fun, fun, now Robs taken the keys away etc. (Nude Beach Boys' lyrics for the uneducated).

Quackers.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4