A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Talking of Lunnon, CTMK & I caught up with an old episode of 'Ashes to Ashes' last night, always good entertainment (2nd series, in fact).

Then realised that Comic Relief was on, and watched much more of that than we usually do, and ended up getting seriously moved by the films of Africa. I rather liked the James Bond thing, got me thinking, that unless we on here have actually met, we don't know that the others also don't speak like that... :jester:

• RMweb Gold

You lot are all mad and so would I have been if I'd purchased the Hornby autocoach I had in my hands in Hamleys, Regent St.30 sheets! Some say the Bachmann model is dear.

You lot are all mad and so would I have been if I'd purchased the Hornby autocoach I had in my hands in Hamleys, Regent St.30 sheets! Some say the Bachmann model is dear.

Were there any bargains in there Rob? Due to what was a definite pricing error and a 10% discount card, I once picked up a brand new Beverston Castle in there for £63!

CoY

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

An RMweb member (not me)  acquired one at the Basingstoke show today for £12.50 - not sure what vintage it was as it was in the wrong box but not a bad price.

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

Were there any bargains in there Rob? Due to what was a definite pricing error and a 10% discount card, I once picked up a brand new Beverston Castle in there for £63!

CoY

None whats so ever and they don't sell any other brands but Hornby.

• RMweb Gold

None whats so ever and they don't sell any other brands but Hornby.

Ah, memories! Bought one of these with my dad in Hamleys Regent street ca. 1979. I'd saved up but we were amazed at the high prices so dad had to chip in even if it was on offer (7£ I think?). Don't know why we didn't just find a good deal on the internet :-)

post-738-0-74728100-1426401810.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Have you ever met a truly dependable and loyal plastic bag?

I never have, you can't rely on any of 'em...

Have to say the Kernow MRC ones are very good - they even have Cornish words on one side. I'm sure Chris T will be able to sell you some in April.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ah, memories! Bought one of these with my dad in Hamleys Regent street ca. 1979. I'd saved up but we were amazed at the high prices so dad had to chip in even if it was on offer (7£ I think?). Don't know why we didn't just find a good deal on the internet :-)

attachicon.gifimages.jpg

One thing I did like was the hands on approach of the sales staff and the working model railway and scalextric.A brilliant floor for boys except the prices !

• RMweb Premium

Have you ever met a truly dependable and loyal plastic bag?

I never have, you can't rely on any of 'em...

Titfield Thunderbolt carrier bags are both truly dependable and loyal, I'll have you know!