A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Did someone eat the tender?

Design clever courtesy of Mrs GWRROB and she won't be giving to the magazines for review.A bit like the new Hornby policy.

• Like 4

Shouldn't that be divided by 7? i.e. for 7 "spaces" separated by 6 lamps.

Regards TONY

Or six posts five spaces. Hi all, I have just read this whole thread in the last few day's and in the words of so many its fantastic. Rob your layout is so simple, not over crowded and the cameos with a story behind the characters just adds a bit of charm. Love it, Cheers Tex. Ps. Tony has your "Mulgabill" have any thing to do with "Mulga Bills Bicycle" written July 1886 by A.B(BANJO) Patterson. Australian author. Tex. Edited by Tassie Tex
  • Like 1

Or six posts five spaces. Hi all, I have just read this whole thread in the last few day's and in the words of so many its fantastic. Rob your layout is so simple, not over crowded and the cameos with a story behind the characters just adds a bit of charm. Love it, Cheers Tex. Ps. Tony has your "Mulgabill" have any thing to do with "Mulga Bills Bicycle" written July 1886 by A.B(BANJO) Patterson. Australian author. Tex.

Hi Tex

Yes - I bought a mirror sailing dinghy from an Aussie who had given it the name, in the expectation that it would toss him in the creek.

I still have the boat, and the tag seems to fit.

Tony

I think the lamps are 85mm tall.Inspiration taken from this.

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-83444900-1365244596.jpeg

If you look at this photo closely, it looks like part of another lamp just above the centre right of the cab. Could be the bottom section of said lamp before its painted white?. This may just give you an estimation of distance. Its a bit obscured by the steam. Tex.

• RMweb Gold

A happy second anniversary to this thread and although I'm feeling rough I'll get off my sick bed to take some new photos for you featuring something nice.Just got to put the coaches in the right order or I'll get a bo****king off Mr Spams.....

• RMweb Gold

http://www.mattingleycustom.co.uk/#!services/aboutPage

Well here we are as promised,my Southern stock that although was a Christmas present they have been away for weathering with Glenn Martin.He does an excellent job as can be seen here and I've added Kadee no.18 couplings as recommended by Chris 2manyspams.More anon.

post-126-0-21233900-1426875532_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-27242100-1426875571_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84860900-1426875605_thumb.jpg

I even bought a pack of the correct Springside lamps, I must be going soft !

post-126-0-04797700-1426875712_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

I hope you kept one or two clean as though just emerged from the carriage wash.

Brian.

The sides are kept on the clean side of dirty with the roof, underframe and ends getting the works.

post-126-0-81675800-1426877806_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05348800-1426877862_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-66663600-1426877889_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

I have given likes to those pictures but I hope that doesn't mean too much of these black engines and green coaches :jester: . Green is really for locos with chocolate and cream for the coaches. Well it would have been the norm at Brent. (yes I know about the lake period but the GWR realised it was a mistake :nono: ).

Nice modelling on the SR set.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A happy second anniversary to this thread and although I'm feeling rough I'll get off my sick bed to take some new photos for you featuring something nice.Just got to put the coaches in the right order or I'll get a bo****king off Mr Spams.....

I shall be having words...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm running to catch up with all the intellectual stuff in this thread - sorry.

As the Southern was ultra-keen on fixed set-formations, either the whole set or none of it would be clean.

Anent street lamps, would the station approach not have been a private road and therefore not subject to any legislation about lighting?

• Like 2