A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

in terms of rtr then its Bachmann Collett, not available , Hornby Collett?

The C67 could be a sides job glued onto the old Hornby 57' Collett that M.I.B was talking about last week.

• RMweb Premium

The C67 could be a sides job glued onto the old Hornby 57' Collett that M.I.B was talking about last week.

Not so expensive either.  Think I would struggle with the ends (pipes and stuff) unless the old ones had those pipe runs?

Would hacking one of the new Coaches be any good? They have pipes I think? If so, it would be a brave soul and it would have to be a very careful hack methinks.

Should I try one do you think Rob as I do like the look of this coach on the corridor side especially and it could be part of a WR diversion on SOSJage?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

This is one of the type that was built unfitted, with Morton brakes, then fitted in BR days. The ones that the SR built as fitted had a somewhat more complicated brak rigging- http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/srvan/h328d44be#h328d44be shows it off nicely. ABS used to do a cast version of this brake-gear- I used it on a SR Banana Van. The four-shoe fitted version should really have a tie-bar between the axleguards.

That van is next to a Thompson Coach as well. I wonder if that coach is something to do with the markings on the van re Ballast Cleaner?

May I just say a big huzzar for PB's extraordinary collection of pictures? I have used several of his  products for stuff I've done and the quality is superb.

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Dear Ducky

Could you please supply details on the corridor connection, as it looks absolutely great, rarely have I seen one that looks so realistic.

Ta.

That's a Comet picture from the site and AFAICS it is the standard Comet cast gangway but the hangers and suspender bits are possibly from the Comet Coach Detailing Pack C26 or it might just be the Suspended Gangway that comes with the kit (sorry I can't remember).

This coach is probably one that Alan of Comet built. He did great layout coaches to a high standard and could contest Coachman for speed of production.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

4582 leaving Avonwick shewing the branding on the ends of the coach I'm trying to get made with Railtec Transfers.

post-126-0-56973300-1461869926.jpg

Can anyone read what it says please.

• RMweb Gold

I reckon it's a rebodied Sprite.  One of the racing body conversions (not a factory one tho') was very similar to that one but without the rear wheels faired over_

I think you could be right my BiL owns a standard one and the doors look correct ISTR it might be the Le Mans version (not sure on that) PS don't go to a Healey owners club meeting.  :lazy: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• RMweb Gold

4582 leaving Avonwick shewing the branding on the ends of the coach I'm trying to get made with Railtec Transfers.

attachicon.gif4582 Avonwick.jpg

Can anyone read what it says please.

Kingsbridge top row and something '2' beneath. Would it have been 'Set 2' ?

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Kingsbridge top row and something '2' beneath. Would it have been 'Set 2' ?

Rob.

No 2 and I'm pretty sure there was no branch writing just Kingsbridge.I need to know how big the letters were.There was a set designated No 1 too.

C67 Has has flat ends. You can be brave and shorten a Bachmann Collett and at least you woill have the correct ends and bogies.

I have two. the first one, which must be 25+ years old (the sides were (£2.95 from Comet) was put on a MAJ plastic body shell. The second was built using BSL ends + roof, Bachmann bogies, 247 underframe -  all glue job. A straight forward build for anyone wanting a first go at coach building.

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Gold

No 2 and I'm pretty sure there was no branch writing just Kingsbridge.I need to know how big the letters were.There was a set designated No 1 too.

Does this help Rob ? I think in BR days the lettering was white whereas this appears shaded but the size of the lettering appears not too far off.

Lionheart are doing Kingsbridge number 2 set in GWR livery but I have been unable to find any images of the finished coaches as of yet.

http://www.tower-models.com/towermodels/ogauge/lionheart/coaches/index.htm

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

C67 Has has flat ends. You can be brave and shorten a Bachmann Collett and at least you woill have the correct ends and bogies.

I have two. the first one, which must be 25+ years old (the sides were (£2.95 from Comet) was put on a MAJ plastic body shell. The second was built using BSL ends + roof, Bachmann bogies, 247 underframe -  all glue job. A straight forward build for anyone wanting a first go at coach building.

Mike Wiltshire

Ah. That sounds too complicated for a Duck, so I'll pass. I've got enough problems trying to reproduce decent Bulleid stock without building whole kits all the time (and I can't afford that................).

Phil

• RMweb Gold

So here is some eye candy but for research purposes only and not for further reproduction. Answers on a postcard for the diagram numbers of the three coaches. Bonus point for the name of the brewery that supplied the Railway Hotel, where I supped on numerous occasions in the 1980s

attachicon.gifimg002.jpg

The same train (with one cheat) arrives at Southampton (Bargate) later that day

post-12721-0-61191300-1461929026_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Does this help Rob ? I think in BR days the lettering was white whereas this appears shaded but the size of the lettering appears not too far off.

Lionheart are doing Kingsbridge number 2 set in GWR livery but I have been unable to find any images of the finished coaches as of yet.

http://www.tower-models.com/towermodels/ogauge/lionheart/coaches/index.htm

Rob.

He will be at Railex next month so I'll ask him about the drawing that will hopefully tell me more.