A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Judging from the bulging frames I think that wagon need a visit to Swindon or St Blazey wagon shops for urgent repair. That big blobby tanky thing should just be able to push it into the cripples yard...

I think the duck needs help.....

You're not the first to say that...

Yes, it's the quiet contemplation of the loneliness of the little Telegraph Pole that looks so forlorn sat there. Poor thing feels really inferior to the bl##dy great tall one near by.

I want to adopt it and look after it.

A.G. Bell.

Especially when it comes with extras eh! Mr. Bell

post-20303-0-82996900-1463934198.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Unbelievably following that post of St Enoduc earlier I actually have one of those wagons on a Peco underframe.Spams will probably smack me one if I were to use it...

attachicon.gifDSCN8400.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8401.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8402.jpg

My old stock box of junk is a bit like Mr Benn's dressing up box from the 70s.

Nice. Are you sure you don't want another six?

Enodoc with two Os by the way (nothing to do with the Two Ronnies) - perhaps a subconscious conflation with the other Duck?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Enodoc with two Os by the way (nothing to do with the Two Ronnies) - perhaps a subconscious conflation with the other Duck?

Not everyone gets the Betjeman connection, John, nor knows of a church once so buried in sand that the vicar had to be lowered in via the roof to hold a service!

• RMweb Gold

Splendid image of Valentina Ripyerknackersov, Latvia's highest grossing pole dancer. She is a regular at the Red Armies old comrades luncheon held in St Petersburg every August.

It is said she can crush walnuts with one squeeze of her thighs.

Comrade Rob.

post-14122-0-99765900-1463983224.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

Not everyone gets the Betjeman connection, John, nor knows of a church once so buried in sand that the vicar had to be lowered in via the roof to hold a service!

They would if they read my layout topic!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Splendid image of Valentina Ripyerknackersov, Latvia's highest grossing pole dancer. She is a regular at the Red Armies old comrades luncheon held in St Petersburg every August.

Comrade Rob.

"Crushed nuts?"

"No, lumbago."

• RMweb Premium

Comrade Rob.

Is she available for after dinner activity at Brent Community Hall?

Ivor Cutler

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I fear a burst (excuse that word at this time of day) of Russian sounding names e.g Eva Vestoff.

I do hope nobody actually rises to such infantile behaviour on this mainly sensible thread.

Richardshon Airy 

• RMweb Gold

Is she available for after dinner activity at Brent Community Hall?

Ivor Cutler

They don't serve Dinner in Brent Community Hall.

And even if they did, I'm not sure that it's the kind of genteel society that this distinguished group is used to.

• RMweb Gold

They don't serve Dinner in Brent Community Hall.

And even if they did, I'm not sure that it's the kind of genteel society that this distinguished group is used to.

Nothing stays the same in the South Hams....

post-126-0-60869000-1464011000_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

I fear a burst (excuse that word at this time of day) of Russian sounding names e.g Eva Vestoff.

I do hope nobody actually rises to such infantile behaviour on this mainly sensible thread.

Richardshon Airy 

At least the Russians know that you need properly trained & attired staff to take care of your valve gear....

post-13158-0-29104900-1464021033.jpg

Nothing infantile about that

Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's done very well to get to the South Hams from the Leeds area........en route to some exotic final destination......

The Netherlands ?

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, looks like a sort of back-dated Dean goods.  Strange colour scheme too - black with 'love my smackers' in code on the tender.  

Love my smackers indeed . I've never seen a rtr loco with so many added on detail in packs in the box.Is it truely rtr.

post-126-0-63203900-1464019330_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-98530400-1464019346_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-94908400-1464019363_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, looks like a sort of back-dated Dean goods.  Strange colour scheme too - black with 'love my smackers' in code on the tender.  

I think I have explained before that it stands for Lame and Mechanically Suspect

• Like 1