A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I like the routine nature of all those identical parcels vans.

There's actually three different SR van diagrams in the rake.

post-126-0-45748400-1465224876_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-52439900-1465224893_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-67426900-1465224909_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-54606100-1465225248_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I bought 2 Crocodile H wagons at EXPO EM for £8, the 2 have become 1 Crocodile E it comes in at 53' over headstocks as per drawings in the wagon bible. 

It needs finishing and a load worthy of it's length.  :senile:

post-8647-0-23744100-1465226412_thumb.jpg

BTW I booked the Shakespear Express Complete with Sunday lunch in August for SWMBO  :girldevil: and me. :unknw_mini:  it might be an idea for ANTB boys day out what do you think guys.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

2 Crocodile H wagons.   ........., the 2 have become 1 Crocodile E it comes in at 53' over headstocks as per drawings in the wagon bible. 

It needs finishing and a load worthy of it's length.  :senile:

Nice work.  I am guessing at how you did it based on the photo and new paint, but are you going to tell all somewhere?

• RMweb Premium

SR vans, like GWR 4-6-0s, all look the same at first glance.

How very dare you!  It's LNER thingabobbies that all look the same apart from the beautiful streamlined A4s.

• RMweb Gold

That man Warburton is still waiting....

attachicon.gifDSCN8581.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8582.jpg

A NE van is pressed into service as a parcels van.

attachicon.gifDSCN8584.jpg

Mr Warburton will be wishing you hadn't taken his umbrella away later this week. Maybe he has been standing there just to get a good view of that lovely Grange before he goes home.

• RMweb Gold

Mr Warburton will be wishing you hadn't taken his umbrella away later this week. Maybe he has been standing there just to get a good view of that lovely Grange before he goes home.

No, he's giving the Finching sisters the eye. :maninlove:

• RMweb Gold

Managed to get out in the garage today even with  :girldevil: at home and ran some block trains

this was one sitting idle in the FY under-croft. 

post-8647-0-05873000-1465242189_thumb.jpg

Edited by 81C
  • Like 14

I think I prefer the coloured version.. I think sepia photos date back to the  late 18 hundreds and early 19 hundreds and B&W from very early 1900s to the mid 1960s and colour from there on. Therefore GWR pics around the 2nd world war would have been B&W or possibly early colour. BUT for a layout built in 2000s it perhaps should be colour unless one is copying photos of the era that the layout is set in, a bit like I do with Kingsbridge Regis and I have done in the past with Wencombe. I think the era that ANTB is set in would be B&W or early colour.

• RMweb Gold

I think I prefer the coloured version.. I think sepia photos date back to the  late 18 hundreds and early 19 hundreds and B&W from very early 1900s to the mid 1960s and colour from there on. Therefore GWR pics around the 2nd world war would have been B&W or possibly early colour. BUT for a layout built in 2000s it perhaps should be colour unless one is copying photos of the era that the layout is set in, a bit like I do with Kingsbridge Regis and I have done in the past with Wencombe. I think the era that ANTB is set in would be B&W or early colour.

Tend to agree, sepia belongs to the Victorians.  Mais chacon a son gout!

Brian.

I find the sepia less harsh on the eye than B&W and gives the impression of antiquity- which is the aim of our esteemed period photographer!

Mike

• RMweb Gold

Managed to get out in the garage today even with  :girldevil: at home and ran some block trains

this was one sitting idle in the FY under-croft. 

There's someone who follows this thread who models the Teign Valley. Here's an old previously shewn photo.

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-71600800-1368280473.jpeg

attachicon.gifpost-126-0-71600800-1368280473.jpg

Your thread was where I got the idea to get a few of these wagons I was amazed on the amount of stone being quarried in the 1930's around Dartmoor, I'd been buying them up over the past few years I didn't realise I ended up with 15 of them it took me a day to individually re-number them, I mixed up some Humbrols to match the red to blot out the old numbers and renumbered them from HMRS GWR wagon sheet there was a minute difference in font size but once weathered it wont show.

Other block trains from the Teign valley area now gracing the layout are Scatter Rock Macadam purchased cheaply off fleebay and Stoneycombe Quarries bought at the SDR they were on four for the price of three offer these were financed by SWMBO as a present..

• Like 4