A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

My concern is how much room will I have after its fitted on the up side canopy, as this is shorter than scale so as not to dominate the scene.

• RMweb Premium

My concern is how much room will I have after its fitted on the up side canopy, as this is shorter than scale so as not to dominate the scene.

Artistic compromise on the bridge dimensions Rob.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Try a paper mock up to see if it fits.  :mellow:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mate, if you were in the state I'm in you'd need more than a 20C Bottle........................

Ar$e

Not today, I'm not still "feeling the reward" from last night...

• RMweb Gold

You have a fair bit of leeway there Rob. The footbridge will come up a bit higher than in the photo but if you reduce the "overlap" with the awning you can gain a bit back.

Hopefully this illustrates what I mean

post-12721-0-65693200-1464890074.jpg

Edited by colin penfold

• RMweb Gold

That Listed Pagoda Hut could be a problem......

Its being moved sideways however much is needed.Cutting the gent's screen width would also help.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'd be a bit more worried about its width on the island platform and that might mean having to slim down the width of the staircases and supporting girderwork to get the right sort of appearance.

That platform width is 96 mm and the gap between the girders there is a max of 34 mm. A scale 8' 6 sounds too wide so a thinning would be an option.

• RMweb Gold

The most feared and hated member of the class was Sod Hall.

I remember the looks of panic and anguish on the faces of the staff at North Road when the duty manager said "we've got Sod Hall for the 730 to Paddington"

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That platform width is 96 mm and the gap between the girders there is a max of 34 mm. A scale 8' 6 sounds too wide so a thinning would be an option.

Actually at that it would fit without thinning.  You need a minimum of 24mm of platform width each side of the structure which leaves you with 48mm (max) for the width of the structure itself which would be more than enough.

• RMweb Premium

Was the loco also colloquially known as "Teddy Hall"?

Wot about Terry Hall?

Digressing slightly(?) I think I'm going to name a road on my layout Letsby Avenue.

• Like 2