Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

first time ive driven in bristol and hopefully it will also be thr last, the van is parked up and i have no intention of moving it til thursday, im even willing to walk the mile to temple meads station to avoid driving round this place!

Lucky you're here this week then - the kids are on holidays and the roads are empty!

Come back next week and it'll be more fun!

About uncomfortable seats  today I went to town by bus and as I left the bus station saw a driver waiting to take over his next bus carrying a large red pillow I was tempted to ask what his problem was but thought better of it! You have had a busy day Jim good photos like the last one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

37s are not comfy at all,

What is the view like from a 37?

Quite limited I would guess.

I really must make an effort to get in one and have a look for myself.

• RMweb Premium

this time off to derby first to collect 37057 from the RTC, bet its been a while since a 60 was on there!

C9873236-127A-4126-A98A-68BFB29D932A.jpg

60017 was in there in January 2014 with a short rake of tilting point carriers

Cheers,

Mick

The Whitacre Junction to Kingsbury Junction line (part of the original B&DJ Railway is my local railway.

Back in the 1990s, whilst container clearance work was taking place on the direct route to Water Orton we briefly became the main line with Peak hauled expresses passing by.

Nowadays, only a couple of (late evening) booked passenger workings use this line for route familiarisation.

During the mornings, we can get two of three freights an hour, round the loop, although it goes a bit quite in the afternoon, evenings and the weekends.

We even get stuff coming round in the middle of the night now, though not sure why they need to go that way then.

In the bad old days, I think it was the 1980s recession, a railwayman neighbour informed me that there was going to be a period of no booked workings over the line, with a view to closure.

It lasted around two years, the line was kept available to the signallers, on an as required basis, but I've no idea how that translated to actual numbers of workings and I certainly very rarely saw or heard anything coming round.

Anyway, they must have decided they couldn't do without the railway and ever since we've gone from very light use (two or three a day) to the situation we have now where it can get quite busy.

The Whitacre Junction to Kingsbury Junction line (part of the original B&DJ Railway is my local railway.

Back in the 1990s, whilst container clearance work was taking place on the direct route to Water Orton we briefly became the main line with Peak hauled expresses passing by.

Must have been ghost trains if they were Peak-hauled, the last went by 1988 or so ;)

Nowadays, only a couple of (late evening) booked passenger workings use this line for route familiarisation.

During the mornings, we

We even get stuff coming round in the middle of the night now, though not sure why they need to go that way then.

Anyway, they must have decided they couldn't do without the railway and ever since we've gone from very light use (two or three a day) to the situation we have now where it can get quite busy.

There are times these days we couldnt manage the service to derby with out the slows. We quite often have a class 6 waiting on the slows to follow a passenger with a class 4 coming main line to follow the 6 from kingsbury. Also if a passenger service is late from derby we can regulate via the slows so we can get the late in front of on time or on time in front of late which ever control want to get.

As to late night use there are some services booked for route knowledge also if they are early and we have a line block on fast the slows r a good bet. There are also certain services from/to derby that get relief at coleshill so have no choice but to use slows.

I will say when im on panel and i think i can get away with it, i beast stuff mainline (6m08 at nite is a fav as only going to washwood) with the flashing aspects onto park or down goods at waterorton it usualy works lol