Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple from today, chirk-hereford

60047 in hereford

606F1A07-046D-40B3-A01F-D0C5C8D015DC_1.j

And departing for baglan

F33F341A-30BA-4444-A108-315D3E8DC53A_1.j

Got on it in crewe last night to have a ride with one of my drivers, thought that way i could get to hereford and get a train direct back to crewe, forgot that the line is shut between shrewsbury and crewe so the direct train has to go via chester so its taken me 2 1/2 hours to get home so far

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jim,fascinating,i worked on BR from 61-71 starting as a 15yr old cleaner at Hornsey  with the last of steam and leaving as a second man at Kings Cross,its never out of your blood is it !

Its good to see that investment appears to be going the right way now?and your pictures and information make for good reading.

Enjoy your Xmas leave and thank you again for all postings.

Don.

• RMweb Premium

You chose the right time. The line was closed by flooding for a while over the weekend (near Caersws apparently).

I note rails in the 4ft at Newtown, so I shall be watching out for the PW team to arrive. No doubt Peter in the booking office will know the details.

Jonathan

• RMweb Gold

I note rails in the 4ft at Newtown, so I shall be watching out for the PW team to arrive. No doubt Peter in the booking office will know the details.

Jonathan

work starts the first week in january for 10 weekends apparently

• RMweb Gold

Its been out of use since freightliner split the points at the north end a while back, but for some reason they havent put that panel back in after they refurbed the bridge, it would be quite handy if they could re-open it though, not for my train as we're too long anyway

Thanks again for the wonderful pics, Jim. I love Shrewsbury station and signal box - but the station itself is far too underused for its size - it's well capable of taking London trains...

Mal

It does take London trains. 2 trains a day to London formed of Voyager stock. Edited by B Exam

• 2 weeks later...