Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Cracking photo's Jim but all that changing ends that's exactly how we feel on the cross-city with 23 station stops in between.

you have the beauty of being able to walk through the train though, i have to walk up the ballast where there are no platforms, a bit of a pain at abbey jn, and i only forgot the AWS change over handle once all night which meant an extra 'walk of shame' back to switch it out, thankfully in the platform that time

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

i did look out for you at the crossing!

it should be on it again tomorrow night though, even though i wont be

it was a nice change, you dont realise how noisy and rough riding 37s are until you get on a 60, got a 56 tomorrow on the sinfins, that should be fun, not had one for a while either

• Like 1

Pluck it put in the oven!

Roasting a cock-pheasant; heat oven to 180C. Place plucked pheasant in oven, together with a half-brick; when the brick is tender, the pheasant'll be ready. Cock-pheasants have little fat, and less brain, and don't roast satisfactoraly.

Alternatively:-

Heat a large pan, add oil, then finely diced carrot, celery and onions, with some streaky bacon. When these are browned, add the jointed pheasant, again browning it. Cover with a decent red wine, bring to boil, then add some bay leaves, thyme and juniper berries. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for a couple of hours. Serve with veg of choice.

• Like 3

Ahh Slough so I wasn't going mental! yeah passed through there on my way home! Either 158 pound for a cross country service which took 4 and half hours from Bristol to Manchester or for 36 pound to go via London! and it take the same time!

Jim

Great pics any idea whats in the hoppers behind EWS 66

A bit late to this but here's a HKA out at Moreton. Have replaced some pretty old stuff with these, including some 4 wheelers that where still appearing earlier this year.

HKA 300674, Moreton on Lugg, Tarmac siding. 7th June 2015.

post-7146-0-20514900-1448672624_thumb.jpg

Paul J.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Crikey Jim - I can remember when there was a factory where that hotel stands now. And strange to think that I worked was working there, hmm - let me see - exactly 49 years ago :O

The housing block next to the holiday inn is called 'Foundry place'

• Like 1