RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

Yes - all 14 here too.

Plus:

Bread and coal being delivered by horsedrawn carts (different cart for each of course - duuno if it was the same horse though!!)

Gas lighting indoors.

Patched clothing - no shame attached to this as everyone wore patched clothes.

Hand-me-down clothes (some with the advantage of already being patched !!)

ALWAYS ate at the table with Dad and Mum.

Air raid shelter in the garden

Air raid shelters in the field at school

Loads of bombed buildings to play in and build camps.

• Like 1

Yes - all 14 here too.

Plus:

Bread and coal being delivered by horsedrawn carts (different cart for each of course - duuno if it was the same horse though!!)

Gas lighting indoors.

Blimey, me too!  Plus United Dairies horse-drawn deliveries, with the crashing of the metal crates at 4.am from the dairy just across the road, that makes 23!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

On a bitterly cold winters morning a husband and wife in Dublin were listening to the radio during breakfast.  
They heard the announcer say, "We are going to have 8 to 10 inches of snow today. You must park your car on the even-numbered side of the street, so the Snow ploughs can get through."

So the good wife went out and moved her car.

A week later while they are eating breakfast again, the radio announcer said, "We are expecting 10 to 12 inches of snow today. 
You must park your car on the odd numbered side of the street, so the snow ploughs can get through."

The good wife went out and moved her car again.

The next week they are again having breakfast, when the radio announcer says, "We are expecting 12 to 14 inches of snow today. You must park...." Then the electricity went out. 
The good wife was very upset, and with a worried look on her face she said, "I don't know what to do. Which side of the street do I need to park on so the snow ploughs can get through?"
Then with the love and understanding in his voice that all men who are married to blondes exhibit, the husband replied, "Why don't you just leave the car in the garage this time."

• RMweb Premium

Yes - all 14 here too.

Plus:

Gas lighting indoors.

The local Co-op was very progressive and delivered the milk by an electric milk float, and the bread too on a different float. Talking of the Co-op woe betide anyone who forgot their mums divvy number.

• Like 1

talking about b&w TV's, the newspaper ads re. tv lamps, and colour conversion frames (a frame with two strips of colour cellophane - blue at the top for sky and green at the bottom for grass, iirc.)

We had to put a saucepan or similar out for the milk - no fancy bottles down our way.

The co-op, with the overhead wire system for the cash containers.

PRICELESS!

Jack wakes up with a huge hangover after attending his company's Christmas Party. Jack is not normally a drinker, but the drinks didn't taste like alcohol at all. He didn't even remember how he got home from the party. As bad as he was feeling, he wondered if he did something wrong.
    Jack had to force himself to open his eyes, and the first thing he sees is a couple of aspirins next to a glass of water on the side table.  Next to them, a single red rose!! Jack sits up and sees his clothing in front of him, all clean and pressed. He looks around the room and sees that it is in perfect order, spotlessly clean.
    So is the rest of the house. He takes the aspirins, cringes when he sees a huge black eye staring back at him in the bathroom mirror.

Then he notices a note hanging on the corner of the mirror written in red with little hearts on it and a kiss mark from his wife in lipstick: 
    "Honey, breakfast is on the stove, I left early to get groceries to make you your favourite dinner tonight.
    I love you, darling!
    Love, Jillian"

He stumbles to the kitchen and sure enough, there is hot breakfast, steaming hot coffee and the morning newspaper. His 16 year old son is also at the table, eating.
    Jack asks, "Son... What happened last night?"

"Well, you came home after 3 a.m., drunk and out of your mind You fell over the coffee table and broke it, and then you puked in the hallway, and got that black eye when you ran into the door."

Confused, he asked his son, "So, why is everything in such perfect order and so clean? I have a rose, and breakfast is on the table waiting for me??"

His son replies, "Oh THAT... Mom dragged you to the bedroom, and when she tried to take your pants off, you screamed.... 

"Leave me alone, I'm married!!"

Broken Coffee Table $239.99
    Hot Breakfast $4.20
    Two Aspirins $.38
    Saying the right thing, at the right time. .PRICELESS

In response to DonB 's 'Bring Back the Memories, I still have some 78rpm records in my collection... Not to mention the wind up clocks on the mantle piece, not having security screen doors on the front door of your house, nor bars on your windows, intermissions during films at the cinema and most Milkbars were run by Italian families and ofcourse wearing Sundays best to visit the grandparents...!

Oh, how things have changed !

Cheers, Gary.

I had nine, and I'm only 41!

Reminds me of the story of the little boy watching the man collecting the horse manure in the street.  "What do you want that for?" he said.

"I put it on my Rhubarb."

"Oh.  We have custard on ours!"

• RMweb Premium

Yes - all 14 here too.

Plus:

Gas lighting indoors.

We all seem to have forgotten IZAL loo paper (I wonder why?) :O

• RMweb Gold
Two Irishmen were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking up.

A blonde walks by and asked them what they were doing

Paddy replied, 'We're supposed to be finding the height of this Flagpole, but we don't have a ladder.'

The blonde took out an adjustable spanner from her bag, loosened a fewbolts and laid the flagpole down.

She got a tape measure out of her pocket, took a few measurements, and
announced that it was
18 feet 6 inches.

Then, she walked off.

Mick said to Paddy, 'Wouldn't that be just like a blonde!

It's the height we want, not the feckin' length.

The local Co-op was very progressive and delivered the milk by an electric milk float, and the bread too on a different float. Talking of the Co-op woe betide anyone who forgot their mums divvy number.

Or forgot the green shield stamps.........

We all seem to have forgotten IZAL loo paper (I wonder why?) :O

Mary Wilson of the Supremes certainly hasn't. I've heard a few interviews she's given where she was asked about her memories of the UK when she was touring with the Tamla-Motown Revue of 1965. "Hard toilet paper!" always got a mention: "We could not figure out why".

If anyone's into S&M, the odd roll can still be obtained:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=4x+old+IZAL+Medicated+TOILET+ROLLS+now+unavailable

Ah yes. As we called it in the Army, John Wayne paper...

Plus when I was on attachment to the MOD I was astonished to find the Army paper was marked Government Property in green, the RAF in light blue, and the Navy in dark blue...................

You couldn't make it up could you? :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

Rastafarian and a Rabbi waiting at a bus stop.

Rasta asks. "Whats times the bus dew" ..............

"Dunno, They're usually bong on time kiddie". comes the retort.

Bloke standing at the crossing waiting for the green man when a blind chap walks up with a seeing eye dog. The dog cocks his leg and fills the poor blind fellas shoe who digs deep in his pocket and pulls out a dog treat.

" Scuse me" says the first bloke, "Your dog just peed down ya leg and ya givin 'im a biscuit, I don't think thats wise"

"I gotta find out where his head is so's I can kick him in the butt " said the blind man.

"Fair do's"

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

Mary Wilson of the Supremes certainly hasn't. I've heard a few interviews she's given where she was asked about her memories of the UK when she was touring with the Tamla-Motown Revue of 1965. "Hard toilet paper!" always got a mention: "We could not figure out why".

If anyone's into S&M, the odd roll can still be obtained:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_kw=4x+old+IZAL+Medicated+TOILET+ROLLS+now+unavailable

Mum used to buy ours from a blind man called Mr Hill, who came round every few months selling it, with his driver. He came in for a cup of tea and a chat. I think we would have given up using it much sooner, but she didn't have the heart to say no to him!