The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the door. 

The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3:00 in the morning!"

He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife..
"Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.
"Did you help him?" she asks.
"No, I did not, it’s 3am in the morning and it’s bloody pouring rain out there!"
"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down, and those two guys helped us? 
"I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself!  God loves drunk people too you know.”

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes," comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.
"Yes, please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here on the swing."

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

2 hours ago, billy_anorak59 said:

A man and his wife were awakened at 3:00 am by a loud pounding on the door. ....

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain....

Clearly been married a long time.... :(

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, cromptonnut said:

Do you know why so many Vicars and other religious people are railway fans?  It's in the Bible. Isaiah 6v1

I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.

We now know that God is single.

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, cromptonnut said:

Do you know why so many Vicars and other religious people are railway fans?  It's in the Bible. Isaiah 6v1

I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.

I expect that this will have the GWR fans on confirming that it is Gods Wonderful Railway, as "the temple" can only refer to Temple Meads Station and they did have quite a few Saints, however I await confirmation from theologians regarding the gauge of track used, would God use P4 or EM?

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

an old cowboy walks into a barber's shop for a shave and a haircut.

He tells the barber that he can't get all the whiskers off his face because his cheeks are so wrinkled. The barber gets a little wooden ball from a cup on the shelf and tells the old cowboy to put it inside his cheek to spread out the skin.

When the barber's finished, the old cowboy tells the barber that it's the cleanest shave he's had in years, but he wanted to know what would have happened if he had accidentally swallowed that little ball.
The barber replied, 'just bring it back in a couple of days like everyone else does'.

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

11 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

I expect that this will have the GWR fans on confirming that it is Gods Wonderful Railway, as "the temple" can only refer to Temple Meads Station and they did have quite a few Saints, however I await confirmation from theologians regarding the gauge of track used, would God use P4 or EM?

Broad gauge surely (there apparently being three of Him), upon which wide track He would move in a mysterious way.

Hence the term "broad church".

(And Brunel is his prophet)

Edited by johnarcher
  • Funny 5

The cat – dogs do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs.  How long before I can expect light, dinner, and a massage? 

It is a well known fact that dogs have Owners....

... cats have Staff. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb ?

Two.  The hard part is getting them in there in the first place...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium

I had one try.. I found it stretched across the live and earth on the connection plate for the light... somewhat fried..

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Joke of the Week

Back in the 1980s, Spanish singer Julio Iglesias was on UK television with British TV host Anne Diamond. He used the word mañana. Diamond asked him to explain what it meant. He said the term means: “Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; maybe the next day; maybe the day after that, or perhaps next week, next month, next year. Who really cares?” The host turned to other guest on the show, Australian country singer, Mudruck Flatlands. She asked him if there was an equivalent term in his home country. “Nah,” he replied. “In Australia, we don't have a word to describe that degree of urgency.”

Mike

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, ikks said:

Joke of the Week

Back in the 1980s, Spanish singer Julio Iglesias was on UK television with British TV host Anne Diamond. He used the word mañana. Diamond asked him to explain what it meant. He said the term means: “Maybe the job will be done tomorrow; maybe the next day; maybe the day after that, or perhaps next week, next month, next year. Who really cares?” The host turned to other guest on the show, Australian country singer, Mudruck Flatlands. She asked him if there was an equivalent term in his home country. “Nah,” he replied. “In Australia, we don't have a word to describe that degree of urgency.”

Mike

What's wrong with 'She'll be right'?

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, ikks said:

Joke of the Week

Mike

Drekly.

• Like 2