Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

Hi Simon

Those recent photos look superb. Definitely the essence of the WCML without a doubt. I can feel myself driving along there now although I only go as far as Crewe. Your layout reminds me of the stretch between Brinklow and Attleborough where the line goes under the M6.

Great work indeed.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Managed to check and test the wiring and operation of the fiddleyard tonight across the 3 boards which are fed from the south end of the layout. All appears to be ok- touch wood. The pushpull was very successful, being pushed over the medium radius peco points with no derailments.

Here is the pushpull set during testing. Sorry no video yet! 87019 and load 10 in push mode. 86425 waiting in loop with a mk2 rake and the Dallam trip 08 slowly rounding the curve with 6 wagons. A Virgin 86 is also stabled awaiting its turn.

post-6834-0-76280800-1472591090_thumb.jpg

Just the other half of the fiddleyard to wire and test.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 10

Evening all, bit more progress tonight. Chris called in, so again he continued with some scenic work whilst I continued working in the fiddleyard. Chris also brought some road vehicles he has been working on along with some people. The Warrington Borough Atlantean is a repainted BT model and the ice cream van again is a repainted Oxford model, this based on a local firm Lewis Bros.

Finally sorted a video clip, XC HST accelerates North whilst the pushpull heads towards WBQ.

Cheers

Simon

post-6834-0-65773100-1472685484_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Just spent an enjoyable day and a half reading this! Very nice project, and it's coming along really well!

In regards to the adding overhead wires or not, I think it'll probably improve on what's already a great layout, but might be best to try a few different options in terms of wire types and thicknesses first. I'm currently planning/building a micro-layout (2 sets of points, and a board 75 x 25cm, but nothing glued down) which is in some respects like yours - will be set mainly in 2001, and will have OHLE, so this will be a good place for inspiration once things start getting glued down!

Keep up the good work!

Peter

Glad to see that you have the mandatory bus on the bridge. :sungum:

Looking very good.

Thanks, yes you can't beat a bus on a bridge. It would have been nice to have a Ford Focus or a Vauxhall Astra or a Peugeot 306, and on... etc but no such luck at the moment!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great comments guys and all the likes, its much appreciated. Its getting there but the Wigan show is fast approaching.

The fiddleyard is progressing, the inner loop is now complete with regards to track, just needs wiring.

Another video for you, the Dallam trip loco has been changed out at Arpley for EWS liveried 08897. Aswell as tripping the VGAs back to Arpley, its got a rake of open wagons from a weekend engineering job in the sidings to return.

RES Liveried 86425 speeds by on a Glasgow to Euston not stopping at WBQ.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 12

Looking forward to seeing the layout at Wigan Simon!

Top, top modelling!

If you ever decide to sell the layout, just let me know ;)

Thanks Branchie, look forward to seeing you there. Ha ha will do but looking at atleast over 5-8years before replacing. ;)

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

Evening,

Another good session tonight on the layout. Chris called around again so he finished off more of the scenics at the Bewsey Road end, more trees and bushes added.

post-6834-0-72927800-1472855216_thumb.jpg

The fiddleyard is nearly done, the 2 longest roads which can both be accesed via each of the fast lines are 10ft in length. This will hold quite a nice length freightliner or for example a 2+7 HST along with a loco + 9 mk3 + DVT rake. To fit the 10 roads in they have been laid quite close together however.

post-6834-0-39510100-1472855516_thumb.jpg

Also a video shot from some testing again, HST and Push pull in action.

Only 4 weeks to go...........

Cheers

Simon

• Like 12

Evening,

Another good session tonight on the layout. Chris called around again so he finished off more of the scenics at the Bewsey Road end, more trees and bushes added.

attachicon.gif2016-09-02 23.20.28.jpg

The fiddleyard is nearly done, the 2 longest roads which can both be accesed via each of the fast lines are 10ft in length. This will hold quite a nice length freightliner or for example a 2+7 HST along with a loco + 9 mk3 + DVT rake. To fit the 10 roads in they have been laid quite close together however.

attachicon.gif2016-09-02 23.22.11.jpg

Also a video shot from some testing again, HST and Push pull in action.

https://youtu.be/jzw3u2T2_54

Only 4 weeks to go...........

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

Looking brilliant mate! The speed that you are running your stock at looks spot on too.

Best regards,

Jeremy