Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

Hi,

Thanks for the comments everyone, not long to go now! Here are some more video clips taken whilst testing has been carried out.

86425 uses the crossovers from the down fast to the bi-directional slow line with a Wembley RMT to Warrington RMT working.

Shunting the stock clear of the RMT

66135 works a Gladstone dock to Handsworth Empty Scrap working.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 13

Thanks for the comments Alex and Tom. Thought I would wind the clock back to 1990!

Here one of Tinsleys blue 47's complete with unofficial name slows as it approaches Warrington with a short Speedlink working.

post-6834-0-58626400-1474574095_thumb.jpg

On the up fast is class 156 156404 heading south with a working to Llandudno.

post-6834-0-39368100-1474574260_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

• Like 11

Yes some mid eighties stock would look good, new Farish 40 coming out, hmmm.....

Back to normal now and finally got chance to test the DRS pairing on the flasks. Not being familiar with N gauge previously, the old type class 20's couple quite close together almost touching buffers on the curves which I was surprised at. This pair consists of one powered and one converted dummy.

Hopefully get these 2 varnished and glazed over the weekend.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 11

Thanks for the comments Alex and Tom. Thought I would wind the clock back to 1990!

Here one of Tinsleys blue 47's complete with unofficial name slows as it approaches Warrington with a short Speedlink working.

attachicon.gif2016-09-22 20.46.41.jpg

On the up fast is class 156 156404 heading south with a working to Llandudno.

attachicon.gif2016-09-22 20.47.38.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Superb Simon! What a great year to turn the clock back to....

Now where are those battered pair of 20s on MGRs?!!

• RMweb Gold

The other option is to go forwards and have it present day (was 2013 at the time) which was the original idea I had in my head and have class 390's & Class 220/1's!

I vote for this! No seriously, how about the point of the switchover from 90s to Pendolinos - the best of both worlds!

Cheers, Mike

I vote for this! No seriously, how about the point of the switchover from 90s to Pendolinos - the best of both worlds!

Cheers, Mike

BEST of BOTH worlds? I think you need to look back over that statement Mike. Class 90's being dumped = not best. 90s not in IC livery = not best. Proper trains being replaced by glorified units = not best.

I weep at that time period!!

Edited by RBE
  • Like 1

Thanks for the cool suggestions everyone. Gives me something to think about if I decide to look at a different era in the future!. Today managed to get all the drapes for the front of the layout washed and ready to go. A couple of kick back sidings have been laid in the fiddleyard for short freights and DMU's, these have been tested and all ok. Plan is to dismantle the layout on Tuesday evening ready for loading up Friday morning.

A bit more testing (playing) had to be done. 87019 and 90004 DIT head south with a Lancaster to Euston stopping at WBQ. Heading North on the slow lines is a Class 150 on a Warrington to Liverpool Lime Street service.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 10