Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

Thanks everyone for the comments, less than a week to go now! Looking at future stock developments and Chris has hinted that I should make an N gauge version of this (my 4mm scratch built version):

post-6834-0-03178700-1474753301_thumb.jpg

Think maybe once Wigan is out of the way, it could be looked into along with the necessary support vehicles. I must be mad!!!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 9

Absolutely stunning and a work of art. As a local to the area I can vouch for its realism.

Well done and very inspiring. Hopefully I can juggle a few things and make the short trip

to Wigan. Any chance of a special service from WBQ to Old Trafford if Warrington get to the Grand Final?!

Hi Everyone, thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Hopefully tonight the layout will be dismantled and boxed ready for Friday morning, that will give me a couple of evenings to check and box the stock.

I am not worried... honest.... :O  :scared:

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Everyone, thanks for the comments, much appreciated. Hopefully tonight the layout will be dismantled and boxed ready for Friday morning, that will give me a couple of evenings to check and box the stock.

I am not worried... honest.... :O  :scared:

Cheers

Simon

Having been through the new layout/first outing a few weeks ago, I know what you're going through.

Hope it goes well and planning to see it Sunday.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Past experience is what will happen will happen. You can only do so much and if things go wrong on the day keep as calm as you can as many might not even notice.

Only those shouting out loud who are helping you will give the game away if something is already running :sungum:

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Good luck with Wigan.

If past experience is anything to go by, something will go wrong/not work/fail but it won't be what you may be expecting. And as Roundhouse says above as long as one loop is running, and everyone on the team maintains an air of nonchalant sang froid, then no one need ever know!

The roof lights on the warehouse may have taken you a while to mask up but they really set the building off too.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, thanks for all the best wishes. The layout is all set up in the main hall, we had it set up in 45 mins with a class 60 testing the layout. All stock has been tested around the layout and all was ok. So all set for tomorrow morning, so please say hello if you are there.

post-6834-0-81903500-1475265110_thumb.jpg

Got a few items of stock to check which got missed earlier in the week, going to do them now with a cold beer!

Cheers

Simon

• Like 19