Kernow Model Rail Shop

37pits

Another day and another Adams radial photo appears on Kernow's facebook page, this time a photo of 30583 in BR late lined black livery at Lyme Regis. A couple of facebook responses saying that the posters would buy one, with nothing from Kernow to deny a possible model. Oh don't keep us waiting longer than tomorrows newsletter, pleeese!!!

• RMweb Gold

Quite. This appears to be another financial crisis looming on the horizon...

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Another day and another Adams radial photo appears on Kernow's facebook page, this time a photo of 30583 in BR late lined black livery at Lyme Regis. A couple of facebook responses saying that the posters would buy one, with nothing from Kernow to deny a possible model. Oh don't keep us waiting longer than tomorrows newsletter, pleeese!!!

I can't possibly comment ....

Have you got the trackplan for Lyme Regis station then..... ;)

I have several books on the subject :)

The station building was dismantled and moved "in bits" to Alresford on the Mid-Hants.

Interestingly the new Peco LK-200 wooden station building doesn't look that dissimilar to the Lyme Regis one.  Coincidence?

I think we can take Graham_Muz's comment denial as a Sir Humphrey Appleby (Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister) denial, meaning its a certainty. Frothing at the moment like a cappuccino

edit: spelling correction

Edited by rembrow
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Todays Kernow newsletter provides a link page to a page which outlines the progress of their various models under development

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/page/75/Chris_Briefs

It states

'Two announcements will be made a Warley covering both of the models that are currently at this stage.  One is steam, one is diesel, and they are both firmly in our area of expertise.  There may be some more hints leading up to Warley...'

• RMweb Gold

Todays Kernow newsletter provides a link page to a page which outlines the progress of their various models under development

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/page/75/Chris_Briefs

While all info relating to future models, be it overt or covert, will be gratefully received here, reference to Chris Briefs may be another matter.....

I would like to see someone produce an Adams Radial tank as it was a maid of all work on the Swanage Railway before grouping and I am modelling that line. It should go well with Kernow's LSWR brake van.  I hope it is not as much of a teaser than the one that kept on appearing in the Wrenn catalogue but was never produced.

• RMweb Gold

I would like to see someone produce an Adams Radial tank as it was a maid of all work on the Swanage Railway before grouping and I am modelling that line. It should go well with Kernow's LSWR brake van.  I hope it is not as much of a teaser than the one that kept on appearing in the Wrenn catalogue but was never produced.

'OO Works' produced a fine model about 6/7'years ago,in fact. Still available occasionally on Ebay.

Another  Bargain  and  More  Excellent  KERNOW  service.

Ordered  a  FARISH WD 2-8-0  90566  on Friday afternoon,  delivered 9-30AM Saturday

It  was  Only  £84.00,  Always  worth checking  Kernow's  Bargain   section,

They also list  4-CEPs  at  £109.95

Latest Facebook posting from Kernow is particularly cryptic, accompanied by a photo of a P class and the H class double-heading on the Bluebell Railway.

Hmmm.

In Scrabble, a P is worth 3 and an H is worth 4. 

That's 7.

It's a double header (double word score) which makes 14.

1 + 4 = 5

Double 5 = 10

4+4+2 = 10 wheels

A for Adams (Radial) scores 1

1+0 = 1 = A.

The Adams Radial was also known as the LSWR 415 class.  4 + 1 + 5 gives us the 10 again or if you prefer, L=1, S=1, W=4, R=1 and there's your 7 again

You can tell I'm bored this afternoon.

Edited by cromptonnut
  • Like 2

Sitting on a quiet night shift things went Kernow mad after much salivating I put an order in for an 02, the gate stock and 2 of the road vans!

Now hoping that they don't all arrive at the same time or my credit card could be in tears, particularly as the model rail US tank proved to be to tempting to resist.

Nik

Edited by Spannerman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Just like to add my thanks to both Kernow and Royal Mail.

I ordered a Class 419 Motor Luggage Van on Monday evening via the web and it was delivered safely on Wednesday morning.

Well packed and quick service.

• Like 1