RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Take That, Gyllyngvase beach, Falmouth, Radio 1 Roadshow

Transvision Vamp & The Proclaimers - Carlyon Bay

Pathetic, really.

That must have been at what I remember as the New Cornish Riviera Lido.

• RMweb Premium

This year, i have seen Joe Bonomassa, Jasper Carrot with some Birmingham musicians including Bev Bevan, Foreigner, 9 Below Zero and to come  ELO and Rick Wakeman in October, Aussie Floyd in November and as above War of the Worlds in December.

Proper ELO...lucky you. Strangely I never really listened to much stuff in the 70s but love lots of it now.

P

• RMweb Premium

I saw Quo at the Cornwall Coliseum in 1983

talking of the seaside, I'm off out into the back garden and pretend I'm here...

post-1328-0-51575800-1528026580_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

talking of the seaside, I'm off out into the back garden and pretend I'm here...

attachicon.gifWeymouth Quay.jpg

Alas now reduced to a messy shadow of its former self  - this pic was taken in 2015 from a viewpoint to the right of the one in the earlier picture.  On the extreme left you can just see the top of the platform ramp which is visible right of centre in the earlier picture.

post-6859-0-75805100-1528033354_thumb.jpg

And in a fair old state of decrepitude seen from the offshore side

post-6859-0-10996300-1528033896_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-99608300-1528034036_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Take That, Gyllyngvase beach, Falmouth, Radio 1 Roadshow

Transvision Vamp & The Proclaimers - Carlyon Bay

Pathetic, really.

Well, that's a whole lot more than we ever do, that kind of thing just isn't on our agenda, really.

I suppose you don't miss what you don't know about, but I'm not really sure that such large, live events really appeals.

We even prefer to wait for films to come out on DVD these days, rather than see them in the cinema, that way there's no annoying kids talking, selfish gits using their mobile phones or the need to miss a bit of the film for a pee.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, that's a whole lot more than we ever do, that kind of thing just isn't on our agenda, really.

I suppose you don't miss what you don't know about, but I'm not really sure that such large, live events really appeals.

We even prefer to wait for films to come out on DVD these days, rather than see them in the cinema, that way there's no annoying kids talking, selfish gits using their mobile phones or the need to miss a bit of the film for a pee.

Sounds like me CK. However there are some things local to 36E that are quite good. See if there is something called Village Ventures around your way. Usually it is small events in Village Halls. I've seen some really good stuff and as it only local and maybe lasts a couple of hours they don't seem such a faff. 

attachicon.gifWeymouth Quay.jpg

Ah, that Weymuff place. Such memories and an offensive Pannier with bells on.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

Sounds like me CK. However there are some things local to 36E that are quite good. See if there is something called Village Ventures around your way. Usually it is small events in Village Halls. I've seen some really good stuff and as it only local and maybe lasts a couple of hours they don't seem such a faff. 

Ah, that Weymuff place. Such memories and an offensive Pannier with bells on.

P

There is a charitable organisation run by Villages in Action which promotes events, certainly here in the South West.

• RMweb Premium

Two days away from this thread and I am lost.

I am not talking to Chris Spams, didn't know he was going to be at DEMU Showcase, and it the same sauna room. Did he come over and say "Hi Pillock Face, I am Chris Spams" no ignored me. I don't know what he looks like out of his can.

Otherwise I had a good weekend playing toy trains and getting voted on to the DEMU committee. :scared:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You got Boulders?

Hi John

Sadly I don't. I have all the Move LPs, a couple Wizard's and the only kept the first ELO album but not Boulder's which from memory was Roy Wood's solo project.

See there was life before I became a punk.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I agree - what sort of livery is it wearing? Certainly not one in keeping with the location.

It could be worse, and often has been. Pannier Tank in LT livery in deepest Devon, anyone?

When the SDR put the LT Pannier on the annual membership card, that was when I stopped being a member. I worked on LUL at the time; the last thing I needed in Devon was a reminder of London.

As far as I'm concerned, the only Mr Mellotron was John Paul Jones.

Nah, that can't be right.

Just think about it  -  as well as merely playing the mellotron, Mike Pinder worked for the firm wot was building them so he had a real insight into what they could do and how to make them do it.  You could say that he was instrumental in the development of electronic keyboards.  See what I did there?  Play on words entirely intended!

John Paul Jones, on the other hand, was really little more than an up-market pirate, switching allegiance at will & as it suited him.

He may have commanded lots of ships but I don't think that any of them would have been equipped with a mellotron that he could play in his spare time.

• RMweb Premium

I am not talking to Chris Spams, didn't know he was going to be at DEMU Showcase, and it the same sauna room. Did he come over and say "Hi Pillock Face, I am Chris Spams" no ignored me. I don't know what he looks like out of his can.

Otherwise I had a good weekend playing toy trains and getting voted on to the DEMU committee. :scared:

You know what guys I think I was nattering to Chris Spams, not in his can. He was only driving on the layout next to Friday Bridge I was playing on. :swoon:

• RMweb Premium

Don't be upset Clive, Spams was totally engrossed in working out how his new phone worked, not realising it was actually a DCC Controller (it only had one wire attached to it).

Phil 

Just to add to the argument abot size vs distance, we have below a photo of two LNER van chassis, the near one is 4mm very close and the rear one is 7mm very far away. This of course is complete nonsense, the near one is 7mm awaiting its new owner, the rear one is a Bachmann one to which a number of brass etchings have been attached in an attempt to see if I can still 'do' 4mm scale. 

gallery_8865_4100_910600.jpg

• Like 8

Alas now reduced to a messy shadow of its former self  - this pic was taken in 2015 from a viewpoint to the right of the one in the earlier picture.  On the extreme left you can just see the top of the platform ramp which is visible right of centre in the earlier picture.

attachicon.gifIMGP9286.jpg

And in a fair old state of decrepitude seen from the offshore side

attachicon.gifDSCF8626.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF8630cr.jpg

To be fair, it wasn't exactly an architectural gem to begin with.

Brian.