SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

The best quality sound I've ever experienced at a concert was Pink Floyd, Earls Court, 1994. Amazing how clear the sound was and how the effects moved around the arena. Light show was amazing too.

Worst sound? Motorhead in Wolverhampton also in the early 90s. Ace of Spades was drawing to a conclusion before I worked out what it was. No idea what any of the others were, just a wall of indistinguishable noise.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The best quality sound I've ever experienced at a concert was Pink Floyd, Earls Court, 1994. Amazing how clear the sound was and how the effects moved around the arena. Light show was amazing too.

Worst sound? Motorhead in Wolverhampton also in the early 90s. Ace of Spades was drawing to a conclusion before I worked out what it was. No idea what any of the others were, just a wall of indistinguishable noise.

I thought that's what Motorhead were supposed to sound like.

• RMweb Premium

It's coming back to me, slowly, in the eighties I saw

Mungo Jerry, Edwin Starr, Dollar and probably some

more that I might remember later!

We used to live in the same village as Edwin Starr. Lovely bloke.

• RMweb Premium

Did you have much contact with him?

Aida Eye

Too subtoil for moi. Should I know something?

Lincoln was sunny and warm yesterday and on the way home the Driver and Guard were both good looking women (there are often good looking alternative gender persons doing this job) and I thoughjt that was really lovely. I almost completed the Metro Quick Crossword during this journey, but actually did not achieve that unti about 20. 30. I had started that about 11.15 whilst watching, on Platform 3 at 36E, what appeared to have been four ex cons from Ranby and what might have been some sort of Support Civilian. I expect the cons were excited to be out, but I was thinking that their behaviour displayed little humilty or social grace and they also stood and watched, from the path at the end of Platform 1, the train they were supposed to catch leaving! Umm! My conclusion was that they were rather childish and so I felt rather sad that they were probably never going to improve. Who knows? They were getting restless and there was still 50 minutes before the next train to Sheffield; glad I was then able to depart in the opposite direction. What's this got to do with SOSJ? Very little of course, except that when I got to sunny Lincoln I met with the identifiable Clive, admired the Station and the dozing in the deckchair signal and walked over to Digitrains. They had almost all the Evergreen plastic stuff I required and I accidentally bought some Glue, Railmatch BR SR Green (dull) paints and some LNER Loco Green (arggghhhhhh). The latter is, I am assured, the colour required (when thinned considerably) for grassy looking stuff in scenics.

On return to 36E some normality had returned to the ECML so all was well with the world.

Today I might go in the loft at some time.

P

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

'Don't look up! That's Spams there, that is, let him keep on thinking that we haven't recognised him. Does anyone have the phone number of HM Naughty Step, by the way, looks like he's breached his day release conditions!'

• RMweb Gold

I have just had rather a large Quorn bolognaise and it was very nice, if I say so myself. In honour of the rather large Quorn bolognaise, I have opened and consumed my last bottle of ale, so will have to get some more supplies in at my earliest convenience.

• RMweb Gold

I have just had rather a large Quorn bolognaise and it was very nice, if I say so myself. In honour of the rather large Quorn bolognaise, I have opened and consumed my last bottle of ale, so will have to get some more supplies in at my earliest convenience.

As caption competition entries go I feel that was rather too wordy and lacking in punch.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello readers

I am very worried about the photographic habits of Mr Spams. Why was he taking a random photograph of middle aged gentlemen who he claims he did not know?

Yours

Concerned of Soloby

• RMweb Premium

Hello readers

I am very worried about the photographic habits of Mr Spams. Why was he taking a random photograph of middle aged gentlemen who he claims he did not know?

Yours

Concerned of Soloby

Was he using the said person's dome as a flash reflecting surface to illuminate an otherwise innocent photo of a 3 link coupling?

P

Now before you do has anyone else noticed it is a single aspect. Ekon don't do a single aspect signal let alone one in a deckchair.

Clive, it is an LED signal so shows all three aspects through one aperture.

Regards, Tim T (newly retired Signalling Engineer)

• RMweb Premium

Hello readers

Yours

Concerned of Soloby

You should be so lucky to be the centre of attention, you just made it on to the edge of the original shot...

post-6675-0-68716900-1528317653_thumb.jpg

After you said you were next to us I had a look at the photos from the weekend. Now I know who you are. Now you can be Concerned of Soloby.