SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

I seem to remember concerts by Gerry and the Pacemakers, the Dave Clarke Five and the Hollies in the 60s but more recently Bill Wyman's band a couple of times, Manfred Mann with both Paul Jones and Mike D'bo and slightly more recently tribute band to the Travelling Whilboughies and Santana.

Not a regular devotee of popular music - or much other populist culture - I can nevertheless reveal that my first pop concert was at the Granada Tooting, in about 1962 or 3. On stage were Gerry and the Pacemakers, Roy Orbison and finally the Beatles. Subsequent events, only a very a few, and years later, included George Benson and Tangerine Dream. 

post-16151-0-28415900-1528183957.png

My extremely modest 'gig' haul nevertheless includes seeing 'Macca' twice, first time at King's Dock Liverpool approx. 1990 in Linda days. Heady mix of Beatles and Wings numbers. :sungum:

Others include the Quo at Manchester Central (G-Mex as it was at the time) - great venue!

After that it deteriorates rapidly, although Showaddywaddy were great fun closing the St Helens show!

Can I also mention seeing Spike Milligan on his farewell tour in the Manchester in 1983? He did do a few songs as part of the show. Another great hero of mine. We went to see him back stage after the show. 'I'm your biggest fan' I said. 'Nonsense', he retorted; 'That fella there is at least 3 inches taller than you'. :jester:

Great to see progress on the incline, Mr Duck! Do I detect the first flowering of scenery in those parts? :paint:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

G'Day Folks

Better looking than some bands.

manna

Cheryl Baker is a hero of mine, she once worked in the Pie and Mash shop in Shoreditch I use to go in when working near there. :sungum:

Two pies, double mash, with liquor. Lashings of vinegar with chilies in it. Lovely.

• Like 1

post-20303-0-01183600-1528189663.jpg

Voss ist alle zis chit chat about ?

Itz enuf to make a man roll over !

Please be modelling viz your trains 

Danke 

:locomotive:

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I have had a pleasant day waddling around Lincoln with our very own Mr Duck. We both made purchases in Digitrains. Saw some real trains, Phil even risked traveling on one to and another from Lincoln. I took a photo of this strange signal

post-16423-0-80228000-1528210363_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

My extremely modest 'gig' haul nevertheless includes seeing 'Macca' twice, first time at King's Dock Liverpool approx. 1990 in Linda days. Heady mix of Beatles and Wings numbers. :sungum:

Others include the Quo at Manchester Central (G-Mex as it was at the time) - great venue!

After that it deteriorates rapidly, although Showaddywaddy were great fun closing the St Helens show!

Can I also mention seeing Spike Milligan on his farewell tour in the Manchester in 1983? He did do a few songs as part of the show. Another great hero of mine. We went to see him back stage after the show. 'I'm your biggest fan' I said. 'Nonsense', he retorted; 'That fella there is at least 3 inches taller than you'. :jester:

Great to see progress on the incline, Mr Duck! Do I detect the first flowering of scenery in those parts? :paint:

It just growed after I spilt some Phosphoric Acid there....................................................... :scared:

• RMweb Premium

I have had a pleasant day waddling around Lincoln with our very own Mr Duck. We both made purchases in Digitrains. Saw some real trains, Phil even risked traveling on one to and another from Lincoln. I took a photo of this strange signal

attachicon.gif100_4876a.jpg

It is for drivers with eyes in the back of their head or maybe for when they are leaning out to see what the Guard should be doing but there isn't a Guard because the Company are tight wads and don't give a toot.

As we decided, we had not seen a signal arranged like that before.

ECML was fu##ed this morning as the two wires became detached north of Donny (DCC, can't trust it at all) and then a failing, southbound freight was put in platform 1 by the signaller but it was too long and did not clear the line into 3a and 3b at the north end, so that really f##### everything up on the up. That is except for the bidirectional up/down on the down/up Platform 4. I suspect that several people got a little angry at Donny and further south. SWMBO's 'requested to stop replacement' at 36E service (replacing her service that was just stuck at York) eventually came 59 minutes late from time announced so no compensation for those poor so#s going to the Palace for sarnies (should have not left it so late, silly boys and girls also wearing silly clothes and shoes (far too posh for Queeny).

My bogcarts to/from Lincoln were posh and not clapped out Sprinters or what ever they are; very nice thank you.

Clive behaved himself very well today and he was also kind enough to buy my Duck Feast....thanks matey.

I missed several Sheds on FLT's as I was not in spotting mode.

• Like 1

That, as the number plate indicates, is a co-acting signal that repeats the aspects of the main signal. It has been provided as a modern equivalent of the old fashioned “pigs ear” or close viewing aspect. Trains have to stop so close to the signal that the driver cannot observe the normal indication due to the poor sight lines from modern units! This makes three that I know of, the other two are at Battersea Park and Crystal Palace.

Tim T

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Apologies to Clive. It would appear I spent most of the last weekend operating a layout next to one he was on. I didn't twig it was he (possibly due to the lack of spiky hair). Could have had some good conflabs if I'd realised!. Doh.

• RMweb Premium

Apologies to Clive. It would appear I spent most of the last weekend operating a layout next to one he was on. I didn't twig it was he (possibly due to the lack of spiky hair). Could have had some good conflabs if I'd realised!. Doh.

And had you been dressed in your can :nono: :nono:

No problem, now you know what I look like without the barnet we can have a better natter.

• RMweb Gold

Why is that signal in a deck chair?

No wonder the railway is heading for the lavatory these days.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A few more remembered, Meat Loaf, Jethro Tull, UFO, Yes, Genesis, Phil Collins  and Def Leppard.

Edit:- to add Alice Cooper, a superb stage show.

Meat Loaf, Edinburgh, 1980. Slightly disappointing - would have been better to stay at home and listen to the LP.

Sheena Easton on the other hand...

• RMweb Premium

Stradivarius?  I heard he was on the fiddle...

A bloke was clearing out his loft and found an old violin and a painting, so he took them to be valued.

The valuer said that he had good news and bad news.

The good news was that he had a Rembrandt and a Stradivarius.

The bad news was that the violin was by Rembrandt and the painting by Stradivarius.

I thank you.