SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

I have virtually all Bachman locos, steam and diesel, and only one has been a poor runner (an 03 diesel).

You must have been lucky or I have been unlucky. All mine except one are decent runners, but only because a lot have gone back to the shop and been exchanged because they were poor. I have a Dukedog, for example, which is a super smooth runner , near perfect, but the first one I bought didn't even get out of the shop it was so bad, the second was brought home and run in but was still erratic so that went back then I got this super smooth one third time lucky. They were all running on the same track. That sums up my experience with Bachman. There are good ones to be had but the QC at the factory seems very hit and miss, or maybe I have just had the Friday afternoon jobs.

The only two Bachman diesels I have, a class 24 and a DMU are both fine. All my problems have been with steam outline.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You must have been lucky or I have been unlucky. All mine except one are decent runners, but only because a lot have gone back to the shop and been exchanged because they were poor. I have a Dukedog, for example, which is a super smooth runner , near perfect, but the first one I bought didn't even get out of the shop it was so bad, the second was brought home and run in but was still erratic so that went back then I got this super smooth one third time lucky. They were all running on the same track. That sums up my experience with Bachman. There are good ones to be had but the QC at the factory seems very hit and miss, or maybe I have just had the Friday afternoon jobs.

The only two Bachman diesels I have, a class 24 and a DMU are both fine. All my problems have been with steam outline.

All my Baccy diseasels have been fabuloso runners and almost all my steam models, except for the original Hall bought about 1993/4(?) which was/is erratic to say the least.

Earlier I lied because Imight save up for this

post-1-0-37310700-1547473619_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

All my Baccy diseasels have been fabuloso runners and almost all my steam models, except for the original Hall bought about 1993/4(?) which was/is erratic to say the least.

Wot U want dat for .......going to be crashing your trains?

Perhaps I should qualify my comments and say my oldest Bachs, a pannier and a 45xx are fine, although both are a good few years old. It's the more modern ones that have given me grief.

The worst is a standard class 3 tank, which again is the third one, the two predecessors having been returned because they were even worse. After some fiddling around I've got it to a more less acceptable level but still not very happy. The point is for £100+ we shouldn't have to be doing the tweaking ourselves.

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps I should qualify my comments and say my oldest Bachs, a pannier and a 45xx are fine, although both are a good few years old. It's the more modern ones that have given me grief.

The worst is a standard class 3 tank, which again is the third one, the two predecessors having been returned because they were even worse. After some fiddling around I've got it to a more less acceptable level but still not very happy. The point is for £100+ we shouldn't have to be doing the tweaking ourselves.

Yes, absolutely. QC is poor by the look of it. I think it can have something to do with the lubricant grease stuff that dries out between production and sale? There has been discussion about that over the years on RMW.

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, 13 pages and still droning on and on and on and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I have lost the will to breathe. In fact I am more excited about the arrival of 6 DPDT On On Switches for my point ops. :lazy:  :wild:This said by the bloke who has done bu##er all in over 4 years.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

Hi Stu

Who is organising its birthday party?

I have just received word that a certain person is on the case with party invitations already !

post-20303-0-28638600-1547563696_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

This thread is almost 5 years old.

Ah a bumptious toddler just ready to start learning!

Not heard Stubbers described as such but an interesting concept all the same.......

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I could not agree more.

I've always found it a bit of a lottery with Bachmann steam outline models these days.

My Standard 3 tank was so bad that in the end I built a replacement chassis for it.

Alternatively some do eventually knuckle down, but only after an unreasonably long time on a rolling road and/or a circle of track.

No problem with the diesels, though, especially Bo-Bos.

• RMweb Premium

Ok, how sad is this (scores out fo 10)? Spent a few hours this pm wiring up some DPDT On-On mini switches; you have to do a sort of cross stitch thing with the 6 prongs! That was quite theraputic. Decided I would test one out and noticed that I had already fitted, wired up and linked two points, the trailing one from the up loop (Platform 1) and the up yard (main) Double Slip. Wired up switch to point wires and applied power and lo, the two points worked as planned (sort of locking set up so the Slip is set for a siding when the trailing point is set main). Fitted the switch to the temp signal box 'frame'.

At a later date, having been assisted hugely last summer by Red Leader (thank you matey) drawing a signal/point SB diagram with numbering, there will be a better little 'frame', probably wood but possibly some other material, positioned opposite the Signal Box just off the base boards. I suspect the numbering may have to be modified and will not match the original Box Diagram. Time will tell.

Gave up whilst things were not failing or catching fire and came down to the less exciting kitchen area & made a Lentil and veg stew.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Wot U want dat for .......going to be crashing your trains?

I think it is the model of the actual ExMuff Junction Crane (what is at the Mid Hants IIRC?). Got to have that for when my loco's tumble off the Incline after the rainstorms etc. or when something comes a cropper in the Yards/ Dairy area/ Station. 

J.I.B. Kranky