SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I used frog juicers on an extension to my EM layout and they work a treat. However they were for simple points, not Slips.

Best of luck with the move......you will love being near the Wolds and the coast is within shouting distance if the wind is in the west.

It will be a while before I get to do these Slips so your offer sounds very acceptable.

I suspect my Cobalts are ready to do this job of switching as well so I'll be checking that.

Thing is, one of the Slips in the Up Yard is almost redundant anyway. I suspect the second one will get more use but is only about 6" from the edge of the board. The one I want to drive is in the Down Yard and, as with the points over there it will be easier if they are 'driven'. I'll post some pics of the temporary Yard layouts soon so you can see what I'm mumbling about.

Phil

Phil, if I were in your shoes I'd do it like this:

Hand-operated points - use frog juicers.

Cobalt-powered points - use the switches built into the Cobalts.

• RMweb Premium

Inspiration from CCE, as well as something else he can do for layouts, with expertise, and with loads of encouragement from my 'friends' on here. That's what has happened....

Thanks everyone. I'll be cracking on with Buses and wiring this week but I will be needing to call a certain Model Shop on an Island far away. :pardon:

Pharge

• Like 3

Today I was a very naughty boy and finished off the Station Loops and sorted the east end points. I have done it in a semi temporary way so that, if the CCE blows a fusible plug, then it can be adjusted. I have used the 'methods' I have been observing whilst the CCE has believed me to be searching for my glasses (that are usually on my head) that I can't see because I have not got my glasses on!  A plastic ruler and a newly fabricated spacing gauge were used to keep the spacing consistant except at the very east end where compromise was required. 

Philth

YEY!! Way to go, O swift, feathered one :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Yer see, it's all been a huge con - any old fool can lay Pecoboo track... (oh, wait a minute - perhaps that didn't come out quite right ... well you know what I mean ;) )

Not long now before the first can of Bully Beef sweeps through :smoke:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Inspiration from CCE, as well as something else he can do for layouts, with expertise, and with loads of encouragement from my 'friends' on here. That's what has happened....

Thanks everyone. I'll be cracking on with Buses and wiring this week but I will be needing to call a certain Model Shop on an Island far away. :pardon:

Pharge

I think what has also happened Phil is that you have got to the moment when the whole thing springs to life, you can see what is going to happen, and the impetus to get on and see it done becomes unstoppable. All of which is excellent news.

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see the thread going mad again.

All those old boots remind me of the local W.I. :jester:    :mosking:  :scare:

O.L.D'Trout

Edited by 81C

Excellent Progress Phil!

Harking back a few posts to the discussions around unusual named engines, I am delighted to say that my good friends in Sheffield made me an offer I could not refuse - £70 off the price of a nice TrimBush!

post-10395-0-84282200-1500914708.png

IN case any of you other feel tempted to go for some topiary tidying on your layout, they are selling them at this link...

https://beta.railsofsheffield.com/class-a2-60536-trimbush-br-lined-green-early-emblem-31-531-Bachmann-JJJA26691?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=4964d798f3-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-4964d798f3-5320093

Edited by bigwordsmith

• RMweb Premium

YEY!! Way to go, O swift, feathered one :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Yer see, it's all been a huge con - any old fool can lay Pecoboo track... (oh, wait a minute - perhaps that didn't come out quite right ... well you know what I mean ;) )

Not long now before the first can of Bully Beef sweeps through :smoke:

If I had one of those radio controlled battery type it could now. Then we really could check if my bits of track were strong and stable (oh dear God, did I just say that? S##t I'm going to wash my beak out with turps).

M. Govebitch

• RMweb Premium

Excellent Progress Phil!

Harking back a few posts to the discussions around unusual named engines, I am delighted to say that my good friends in Sheffield made me an offer I could not refuse - £70 off the price of a nice TrimBush!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-24 at 17.42.11.png

IN case any of you other feel tempted to go for some topiary tidying on your layout, they are selling them at this link...

https://beta.railsofsheffield.com/class-a2-60536-trimbush-br-lined-green-early-emblem-31-531-Bachmann-JJJA26691?utm_source=Mailing+List&utm_campaign=4964d798f3-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_07_24&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74d01bc2ed-4964d798f3-5320093

Oh dear, I knew someone would have to have a close 'shave'.

Ar$sh

• RMweb Premium

All I know is I'm looking forward to being able to see it trotting round in all it's finery!

Me too. At least you can buy loco's with confidence as you have a layout on which stuff moves. 

I'm waiting to see one of my King Arthurs (Eastleigh build) Sir Poledance do some moves. I have a six wheel tender one as well, Sir Vestoff de Topless. That is filthy and you can hardly see the details.

Philth

• RMweb Premium

So, no loft today as I was enjoying the delights of Carsington Water in beautiful Derbyshire. Quite a lot of railway interest both on the way there via A38 and Belper and on the way home via Wirksworth, Matlock, Chesterfield and Bolsover.

I can recommend the baked spuds with gluten free fillings in the big caf at the Visitor Centre at the ressi. Very good value.

Have not been over there for about 15 years.

Anyway, tomorrow I shall get back to work and give you a briefing in the evening (hopefully).

Philth

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I have decided that as some light entertainment is always welcome I would invite further suggestions for additional names for King Arthur or BR Standard 5 Class locos that (would have) inherited 'lost' KA names.

The stage is yours whilst I get ready to rumble.

Phil

• Like 1

If I have looked at Wiki Correctly Phil,

there were 74 King Arthurs but only 20 of those names were transferred to the BS5's.

Do you want a link to the lists, or would that take the fun out of it ? :D

Love and Kisses

Erica Roe (Mrs Streak)

Edited by The Blue Streak

• RMweb Premium

If I have looked at Wiki Correctly Phil,

there were 74 King Arthurs but only 20 of those names were transferred to the BS5's.

Do you want a link to the lists, or would that take the fun out of it ? :D

Love and Kisses

Erica Roe (Mrs Streak)

I was hoping people would be rushing to find their ancient or reprint Ian Allen ABCs and then get some ideas from that if that's OK?

I think we could probably clean up the act a little and move away from such names as

Sir Wackitandfloggit de Eaton or Sir Hardlyhadit le Mount.

P

I think we could probably clean up the act a little

Counts Me out then, everything I've come up with is pretty rude. :O (as in a blister from Andy Y or Mod 4)

Although I'm sure the same names were already thought of by all you UK chaps when you were young spotters.

Cheers Ted

Edited by The Blue Streak