SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

One!...

Erm...

One!...

Nope, that's it...

Al.

You think that's bad, I'm writing up an interview with a company about dealing with the implications of Spain's decision to impose daily VAT returns on businesses!

Boring doesn't come into it!

You think that's bad, I'm writing up an interview with a company about dealing with the implications of Spain's decision to impose daily VAT returns on businesses!

Boring doesn't come into it!

Don't mention the Inquisition!

Sir Tain Amusement.

• Like 1

Given that you have to submit a return for every day t hat you raise or pay bills, and the fine is €1500 per day that you're late, we can see how the Spanish government plans to recover all its lost revenues. 

No doubt we'll follow suit soon

• RMweb Premium

Yes, it was a laugh.....

Points and accessories available:

14 Fulgerex that work (5 that don't) EBay ages ago (I'm using them with the duckworth dangle adaptation for above board, out of sight pokinisation)

3 Pecooboo P11s (gift)......F Yard somewhere?

6 Pecoboo PL10Es and 6 PL13 switches + 5 loom sets (purchased) Not sure about location due to horrendous thump when they change

5 Cobalt Omega Classic (purchased); slow and smooooooooth for the Station area

1 Cobalt Digital iP (gift); ditto above

3 Cobalt 90* adaptors (gift); not sure about use

DCS 8fx Cobalt frog thingy (purchased) to make the slow and smooth work just like a magic smoothy I lied.....to make the Solenoids thump like a thumpy thing. Pah!

1 Tortoise and adapting set (gift); not sure of location

I also found my NCE 6 Circuit Breaker set (one per BUS District + a spare) and a load of push button switches + some other switches, many of which are not the correct type for my points! (All purchased).

This afternoon I decided to finish wiring up 7 Pecoboo P11s (thanks to the late Geoff Brewin for those) in the fiddle yard east end, to the H & M 6 Switch Flash Unit (EBay about 3 years ago.....bargain price) and attach a 16 V DC supply from my ancient H & M Duette (think I was given that in the 70s?)

Ah ha I hear you say, 7 points with six switches. Oh yes, even I managed to wire up a crossover and lo, the trickery floweded and they all worked. My Flabber is gasted I can tell you; all those bits of wire and things and it works............................w.ell the motors move the points but I've no idea if the Polar Bearity magicness happens (yet).

Such japes.

Sir Flashmob de la Precinct.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Ummm, whistle is OK but the exhaust is ####### #####. Sounds like a Traction Engine that is about to explode; sorry Smiffy. Anyhow I do have the Clan Line version (no sound) DCC Fitted and it is yummy.

• RMweb Premium

Sir Canarde de L'Orange  here. Don't suppose anyone has a redundant laptop power supply plug/transformer and lead giving 12 V DC? If so I'm looking for a few as I'm told they make a good regulated power supply for point ops..

Thanks.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

eeeyoop.

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Sir Laniru, as it appeared in a Steam Railway Magazine April Fool p*ss take (gerrit?) some years ago.  Almost as funny as when they painted one side of City of Truro in BR lined black....oh the letters..... :rtfm:  :rtfm:  :rtfm:  :rtfm:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

Classic Mike. What Ship is that please? Not the Mail Boat by any chance that visits all sorts of places in the Fijord areas?

The ship is the THV Patricia, a Trinity House buoy tender, completed 1982 and now a rather ageing but very comfortable lady.  We do our level best to have a week aboard her every year - this being our 6th year in succession.   This year we joined at Penzance and disembarked at Plymouth although we didn't travel a great distance overall - one night off Penzance, one off Mevagissey, one off Dartmouth (or rather the mouth of the Dart) and a total of 4 nights at various times during the week anchored in Plymouth Sound; definitely better than a week chugging up & down the BBC (Bl**dy Bristol Channel) which we have been exposed to on a couple of previous trips.  

Here we are passing the breakwater on our first entry to Plymouth Sound with Bovisand over in the background -

post-6859-0-91716600-1501185475_thumb.jpg

And proving the opposite of the well known Plymothian saying we did get to find out that if you can see Smeaton's Tower from the vicinity of the Eddystone lighthouse you know it is going to rain and if you can't see it you know it is definitely raining.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Some pics of not rocket science.

post-2326-0-12631800-1501188573_thumb.jpg

Flash Gorden......he's alive..............................Number 5 is the dual switch for the crossover, middle background.

post-2326-0-69912100-1501188578_thumb.jpg

Untidy wigglers for the 6 peco P 11s I was mumbling about previously :rtfm:

post-2326-0-51426700-1501188591_thumb.jpg

Couple of Micro Switches at points. 

post-2326-0-98332300-1501188596_thumb.jpg

Typical Micro Switch arrangement for pokin' ops. Could be motorised if required.

post-2326-0-43856800-1501188754_thumb.jpg

Frog feeds.

post-2326-0-60934300-1501188607_thumb.jpg

Frog Juicer at west end.

All this stuff is surface mounted, will be off stage and can be ripped up if it don't work. Once it all works then maybe it will get a bit more tidy and I might even motorise some of the presently Micro Switched points (planned for hand operation at the moment.

post-2326-0-73684000-1501188638_thumb.jpg

My new friend. She's hot.

post-2326-0-58439200-1501188626_thumb.jpg

Eastender Bridge .... Devon Seasider's fave spotting place...  :sarcastichand:

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 17

attachicon.gifImg_0667.jpg

Eastender Bridge .... Devon Seasider's fave spotting place...  :sarcastichand:

From the other side of which these days (although not back in the halcyon days of the early '60s) you can look out over the Lyme Bay Cider Company vats & yard, home of the rather addictive Jack Ratt & a varied selection of "country" wines & liqueurs.  **

**   Note:  I have no connection with this company other than as a satisfied customer  .  .  .  .     hic  .  .  .  .  

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think Stu means something like this  there are plenty of others on fleebay to bid on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R965-Train-Controller-with-transformer-/222513498898?epid=1823234015&hash=item33ced68b12:g:8T4AAOSwq1JZGy0E

Yes, exactly that.  Thanks.  Via the controller you also get a 16dc supply (the silver nuts).

I've seen these for a fiver at some shows.