SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Howard was mendicated after that little topple. Big Cranes from Eastleigh & ? dealt with that. Notice how the coach(es) hardly shifted, unlike a load of Bachman ones would.

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Awaiting Ian's response now! He'd probably try to wear it off but after that sort of thing (TURP?) probably wasn't in the mood!

Ah No problem, a nurse giving it a good rub would soon sort it out.

How do I know, "Clive can you sort out the bladder daddies in beds 4,5, 6, and 7."

• RMweb Gold

Awaiting Ian's response now! He'd probably try to wear it off but after that sort of thing (TURP?) probably wasn't in the mood!

I found it came off quite readily in da shower! And no, this was for an angiogram, where the surgeon wasn't sure whether access to the artery in the wrist would be practicable, and so the inner thigh was Plan B, and needed shaving all around, and plastering with yellow, just in case. In fact the wrist proved easy - and no fault found! But, yes, when yellow it does look like you have galloping knob-rot. 

Slipped on a muddy bank!  I was walking down Groudle Glen (I'm a driver there) to do a job on a loco, and slipped backwards and to my right on a muddy bank down by the river.  My left foot was caught in something, it twisted and basically was broken in half where the metatarsals meet the cuboid and cuneform bones, with the benefit of all 14 stone of me falling on my ar$e.  The photo above was just after getting the hardware out last week, it was worse after the first operation a year ago.....like so.....

attachicon.gifP1120150s.jpg

attachicon.giffoot scan.png

...and yes, it *&^%ing hurt.  The ligament that goes across the foot was wrecked, all 5 metatarsals displaced/broken etc.  The first three joints and all the bones in the centre of the foot are all fused together now.  It's called a Lisfranc fracture, and doesn't have a good outcome as a rule.  I'm lucky to be doing as well as I am, for sure I'll never dance again - not that I ever did.  Can't run or kick anything ever again.  I'll settle for walking with a limp.

Bigwordsmith, yeah, 40 years a biker and I do this walking....typical.

Now there's off topic!

Yikes mate, as they say down under 'What a Bummer!'

If you're the same as me you'll have survived a few spills (old bikers & bold bikers etc.) but I suppose the difference is that when we get on the bike we make Darth Vader look underdressed.

At least you'll be able to work the pedals again!

Get well soon!

Peter

• RMweb Premium

Yikes mate, as they say down under 'What a Bummer!'

If you're the same as me you'll have survived a few spills (old bikers & bold bikers etc.) but I suppose the difference is that when we get on the bike we make Darth Vader look underdressed.

At least you'll be able to work the pedals again!

Get well soon!

Peter

Yeah, it ruined my day.  And the rest of 2017.

Should be OK for the bike, can't really drive the car though, had to buy an auto.  Oddly the van (Ducato camper) isn't so bad, I presume the different angle of the pedals helps, but neither the B-Max or Picasso were in my gift to drive for long. i30 diesel with slush box is fine!

I wondered how long it would take for Clive's profession to crop up!

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, it ruined my day.  And the rest of 2017.

Should be OK for the bike, can't really drive the car though, had to buy an auto.  Oddly the van (Ducato camper) isn't so bad, I presume the different angle of the pedals helps, but neither the B-Max or Picasso were in my gift to drive for long. i30 diesel with slush box is fine!

I wondered how long it would take for Clive's profession to crop up!

Hi Neil

Ex profession. Now unpaid stable lad, and handy man.

Anyhow you bikers rambling on, it don't matter how fast or how big the bike is that road you hit still hurts you 26 years afterwards. Honda C90 slowing down to turn right. Landed on my elbow, bone through me, shirt, jumper, inner jacket, outer jacket. Amputation was one of the options if the blood vessels to the lower arm were compromised. Wonderful surgeon and physio team I almost have full movement in my elbow. Enough for me to live a normal life, thankfully. It is hurting as I type but that is because I was chiseling lumps out of the bath room wall so I can fit a new shower, I live with it. I am just grateful for the lady who stopped and shielded me from the other cars, stopped the lads who wanted to move me, and for sending her hubby running down the road to call an ambulance.

My friend and physio Francis, when I said good bye to her before moving to Lincolnshire, reminded me that she will always remember because I was the first patient to use the elbow continuous passive movement machine.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I found it came off quite readily in da shower! And no, this was for an angiogram, where the surgeon wasn't sure whether access to the artery in the wrist would be practicable, and so the inner thigh was Plan B, and needed shaving all around, and plastering with yellow, just in case. In fact the wrist proved easy - and no fault found! But, yes, when yellow it does look like you have galloping knob-rot. 

Just checking, however it is bl##dy freezing here today so it could take some time. :scared:

A.Littlescratch

• RMweb Premium

The Elbow Continuous Passive Movement Machine sounds like something from CKs nonsense phrase generator tool.

CK has a generator tool? Is it DCC? 

Philiment

Or a dubious massage parlor!  :O

P. Laster De Paris.

Oh no, back to the alternative King Arthur names again..................................... :mail:  :locomotive:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But what do you lubricate it with? Some kind of semi-solid substance I guess?

That's the one that I want, oooh oooh oooh. (See what I tried to do there?)

If left dry 'it' (the joint) becomes a problem for Tennis players.

Davy's Ontheroadagain.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That sounded a nasty one Clive.  I only heard the word amputation mentioned last week - a year after the event - but it had been considered. Terrifying.  I have been lucky in bike accidents, never having done any real damage, and as you say its not the size.....  Doing this walking along a path always feels so ironic somehow after so many years on bikes.

Used something like that CPM machine on my hip after surgery.

• RMweb Premium

That sounded a nasty one Clive.  I only heard the word amputation mentioned last week - a year after the event - but it had been considered. Terrifying.  I have been lucky in bike accidents, never having done any real damage, and as you say its not the size.....  Doing this walking along a path always feels so ironic somehow after so many years on bikes.

Used something like that CPM machine on my hip after surgery.

I often wondered why you are in the IOM....simples if you enjoy bikes.

Iva Honda.