SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

That's not Ritchie.

It's not Scratchy either by the look of it.

I'm going to ask a technical question of our dear friend Spams as I CBA to look back and check. Some time ago I posted a pic of a kit built 34094 and Spams commented about the cab I think it was. Spams old chap, could you identify what loco's this one could be instead of 34094 or refer me to notes you have made before somewhere please? I ask because I have to make a final decision about the loco's future as Mr Wright has offered to remotor and DCC it for me and I shall then be paying for it. It is a super hailer and I'd like to retain it, however I do have quite a lot and coulkd move it on as it is for someone else to enjoy. I'll post another picture of it shortly (when I've found it).

Thanks 

Phil 

Yes Rob - well spotted, rare bikes.  We have a 'spares' bike too.  The CL's are in an article in the May 'Real Classic' if you read that.  The XL is an XL250K3, with a euro spec K4 tank - they were red here (and that one was once!).  The far one is modern, CRF250M motard, and there's a BMW 800 monolever somewhere too.  I used to run the VJMC TT meetings here, but fell out with the people that run the club.  I'm in the other lot now.

We used to have 9 bikes, we've cut back......

If you ever fell the urge to part with the 800 - let me know!

• RMweb Premium

That's not Ritchie.

I'm going to ask a technical question of our dear friend Spams as I CBA to look back and check. Some time ago I posted a pic of a kit built 34094 and Spams commented about the cab I think it was. Spams old chap, could you identify what loco's this one could be instead of 34094 or refer me to notes you have made before somewhere please? I ask because I have to make a final decision about the loco's future as Mr Wright has offered to remotor and DCC it for me and I shall then be paying for it. It is a super hauler and I'd like to retain it, however I do have quite a lot of RTR jobbies and could move it on as it is now, for someone else to enjoy.

Thanks 

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to ask a technical question of our dear friend Spams as I CBA to look back and check. Some time ago I posted a pic of a kit built 34094 and Spams commented about the cab I think it was. Spams old chap, could you identify what loco's this one could be instead of 34094 or refer me to notes you have made before somewhere please? I ask because I have to make a final decision about the loco's future as Mr Wright has offered to remotor and DCC it for me and I shall then be paying for it. It is a super hailer and I'd like to retain it, however I do have quite a lot and coulkd move it on as it is for someone else to enjoy. I'll post another picture of it shortly (when I've found it).

Thanks 

Phil

I think it was probably the cab being an 8'6" narrow one. Sound about right?

• RMweb Premium

This is what I found and have purchased to see how it works:

attachicon.gifSR 00-16c.jpg

I'm hoping it matches this valence

attachicon.gifpost-11812-0-06802300-1503963222_thumb.jpg

Have I mentioned how bloomin' brilliant the Hornby Nelsons looked?

There were some coaches in another Hornby Display Case but I stupidly neglected to check on what they were!

Phil

It's a long time since I saw "Made In Britain " on anything.

N.O. Stalgia.

Edit: for clumsy fingers.

Edited by Siberian Snooper

Ricky? Ritchie was Valens. No, I can't really remember their music very well, either. 

Quite correct - It was Ricky Valance - one hit wonder (Tell Laura... ) from Bedford I believe, who I met in a corner shop once.

Big Bopper

Edited by vaughan45

N.O. Stalgia.

My wife has stuff marked so - Spode china from the 1880s to 1930s!!  I did consider buying her a Spode 1880s vomit pot I recently saw advertised as a Valentine's day present.

J. Wedgewood

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Premium

So we need narrow cab with whatever the tender is (look bog standard cut down to me) as alternatives?

Phil

Looks like a 4500gal narrow tender from the photo Phil. 

What shed do you want: 72A? Rough date for the condition??

• RMweb Premium

Looks like a 4500gal narrow tender from the photo Phil. 

What shed do you want: 72A? Rough date for the condition??

Xmuff Jn, Salisbury or 9Elms and possibly Brighton or Eastleigh. 1960 - '64ish. That would do thanks a bunch Chris. I've just been trawling your Excels and that helps a great deal.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

N.O. Stalgia.

http://ttps://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Pictures+of+Standard+Class+5+73096&oq=Pictures+of&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j69i59l4j0.12347j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Even better as it runs main line when it has a certificate.

Doesn't actually say Built in Gt Britain but it was!

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Xmuff Jn, Salisbury or 9Elms and possibly Brighton or Eastleigh. 1960 - '64ish. That would do thanks a bunch Chris. I've just been trawling your Excels and that helps a great deal.

Phil

Spitfire 34066, Chard 34033, Exmouth 34015 have always been favourite originals. 

• RMweb Premium

My Gluten Free Cornflakes are made in Britain. So are my GF Jumbo fish fingers. Check your next Dewdeny's Pasty and all those luverly Saffron Buns/Cakes.

I'm quite sure quite a lot of Cider is made here too. DJH Kits are made here. I've got a very nice guitar that was made here and also some excellent Yard Lamps for SOSJ. Even My latest car is British made but parts might come from elsewhere I suppose? SWMBO has a Raleigh bicycle! Henderson's Relish, Lakeland Pencils from Keswick. BRM. 

I'll shut up now because I know what you mean.

Phart

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Spitfire 34066, Chard 34033, Exmouth 34015 have always been favourite originals. 

Ah, good oh; Exmouth it may well have to be then. Many thanks Chris.  I shall work out how to tell 'Sir' that the loco really needs a different identity.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Ah, good oh; Exmouth it may well have to be then. Many thanks Chris.  I shall work out how to tell 'Sir' that the loco really needs a different identity.

Phil

The thing is, the kit as made up looks about half way between a wide and narrow cab version. Not enough V for a wide cab, too much for a narrow. You could always turn a blind eye although too me it looks more narrow than wide...

(This is a general problem with kit Airsmoothed Spams - they aren't very good at being the right shape)

Saw what I assume is the original 34066 nameplate on the wall at the NRM earlier. The walls are rather like a graveyard with the mortal memory of long scrapped locos.

The small people rather enjoyed the trip. Good thing as we're going again tomorrow....