SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I quickly gave up the 'discussing' bit as it had turned into a one way 'lecture'.   And of course the platforms were further apart if there was a row of bl**dy columns between the two running lines but I refrained from pointing out the blindingly obvious and simply replied with a real, genuine GWR dimension.   Great pity my great grandad move on to platelaying in the heavens as he was on the Perway on the GWR in broad gauge days and I'm sure he would have told me about the stick they probably used to make sure the six foot was right even if he didn't know how long it was  :jester:

I just use a series of guides made out of plasticard for setting the offsets and adjacent centres.

post-6675-0-37966500-1521290234_thumb.jpg

The tall middle bit was to get the end loading level on one line. The slightly lower right hand bit sets the height and offset of the cattle dock (a bit higher than a normal platform) and the lower left hand will be used for the main passenger platform.

• Like 4

That's why I can't do any work in the loft.

N. Anook

Why not go for the "Headington" ( Oxford 1986 ) approach ?

post-20303-0-80235100-1521292129.jpeg

Fergal Sharkey 

• RMweb Premium

A WARNING !

Signal boxes can be DANGEROUS !

After a long day I fell asleep, as you do, about 7'ish and awoke at just gone 9.15 last night. 

Feeling I was now in the Wide Awake Club I decided to carry on with a revised Signal box model based on the one at Helston.

attachicon.gifIMG_4141.JPG

All the basic body was glued and started to tidy up at 2.00 am this morning when a freak accident happened -

My scalpel blade had unbeknownst to me slipped down by my side and as I went to sit up - well good job it was a new blade ! I cut an inch and a half cleanly into the back of my hand.

999 and Paramedic sorted me out at 2.50 at home.

attachicon.gifIMG_4139.JPG

I have now imposed a self ban on any sort of modelling using a knife late at night and lesson learnt, albeit a freakish accident, it still goes to show what can happen.

Sorry for posting this here but if it makes anyone stop and think well......

S.Tupidoldsod

Hi Grahame

I fully sympathise with you and your injury. Having had to go to hospital with a cut artery where I put my craft knife through my skin. 

NOW I AM GOING TO BE SERIOUS.

I worked on a hand injury ward, our busiest times for emergency admissions were evenings and weekends and most of these admissions were hobbyist who had tried to do a DIY amputation (many succeeded) where they were tired or had a bad day and wanted to take their minds off things by doing their hobby. As you know both of these are dangerous if you drive so we don't. Our tools can be very dangerous. As railway modellers we are lucky we can take our minds off things by just running trains around we don't need to see if the paramedics are busy.

Hi Clive,

Thank you, from now on I will be letting my Silhouette Cutter do more tasks than it already does, not too much to worry about with that.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And what is your theory, that it is?

Yes, so tell us exactement exactly what it is, that it is, monsewer.

Yes, so tell us exactement exactly what it is, that it is, monsewer.

Ah, he's told us about some fat dinosaurs.

I invented that theory four minutes before he did.

It is exactly that which it is what it is.

• RMweb Premium

My theory, which is mine, is that dinosaurs are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the other end.

I am going to apply your theory to my problem.

Yesterday I wired up more point motors. They are not firing correctly, well some seem dead, others are buzzing and the few that do work are only working one way. Oddly the ones I have already installed are still working. Now I know this a muddling forum but on this thread I do not expect any answers to my train set problem, I bet you some answers for my other problems, but just some reassurance that I am as useless as I seem.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am going to apply your theory to my problem.

Yesterday I wired up more point motors. They are not firing correctly, well some seem dead, others are buzzing and the few that do work are only working one way. Oddly the ones I have already installed are still working. Now I know this a muddling forum but on this thread I do not expect any answers to my train set problem, I bet you some answers for my other problems, but just some reassurance that I am as useless as I seem.

I cannot confirm or deny that you may or may not have working (or not working) point motors (or vanilla ice creams), but in a rare statement, a Kernow Towers Spokesperson was prepared to go on record as confirming that Clive is not in any way, shape or form useless, nor is he a vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1