SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Far too posh that. There use to be a LT/TFL Depot out the back with Sarah Siddons and Co. lurking. I'd go and see that.

P

Lillie Bridge? ISTR one morning in 1927 there was a derailment on the exit crossover, with only a handful of trains out to run the entire Piccadilly Line service. 

• Like 1

Don't put ideas into my beak.

Up The Junction I have 'discovered' the joys of scribing Plasticard to create Platform Edge Copings. 

2 - 0 to the 'Iron' so no Playoffs to fret over for this season.

P

No Wembley specials to be diverted though the Junction, unfortunately  :-(

• RMweb Gold

Tim with those Express Tankers I just black out any script what I don't want and re-do them with pressfix it don't take long.  :imsohappy:

Clive I'd get SM Mike to drive if I had a preference  :boast:

Phillipus I'm having some of your trouble you have from time to time It appears you need to have bought a Kernow 1363 or

be in the brown nose gang not to get your posts wiped off the Kernow commission page just cos I posted a cryptic message

pathetic if you ask me when they allow trolling on here the thing is a lemon anyway with those splashers I can't see what the

problem is some people just don't like honest criticism  :spiteful:

Dear boy I might have another Brake van(Airfix) are you interested 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

All this talk about Casey Jones has evoked some nostalgia for those innocent days of childhood, so I looked the series up on line. There's a lot of information about the show itself, but I couldn't find out where it was actually filmed.

Edited by Captain Kernow

All this talk about Casey Jones has evoked some nostalgia for those innocent days of childhood, so I looked the series up on line. There's a lot of information about the show itself, but I couldn't find out where it was actually filmed.

Looking at the flat landscape somewhere in the fens  :no: 

Seriously, I think on some USA film or TV company back-lot, as the number of settings in each programme are quite restricted. Much in the same way as MASH (both film & TV versions) or Daktari.

Clarence

• RMweb Premium

Tim with those Express Tankers I just black out any script what I don't want and re-do them with pressfix it don't take long.  :imsohappy:

Clive I'd get SM Mike to drive if I had a preference  :boast:

Phillipus I'm having some of your trouble you have from time to time It appears you need to have bought a Kernow 1363 or

be in the brown nose gang not to get your posts wiped off the Kernow commission page just cos I posted a cryptic message

pathetic if you ask me when they allow trolling on here the thing is a lemon anyway with those splashers I can't see what the

problem is some people just don't like honest criticism  :spiteful:

Dear boy I might have another Brake van(Airfix) are you interested 

Such a kind offer, however I do have rather too many B Vans so I shall decline thank you.

P

• RMweb Premium

I've sniffed far too much solvent vapour for one day; had to turn the fan on to keep The Junction ventilicated. 

Today I have been mainly assessing the formation of the basic Dairy Shed (old Goods Shed) and more modern Fabricared building that had a facing section on Platorm 1 between the two footbridges and fussing with bits of cork and cardboard and some spare track. You will see what that's all about later in the week.

P

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Likewise today Duckie Kins had the old Contacta glue on the go this afternoon of all things putting together some LMS vans powerful stuff that better the the contact adhesive in

the big red tins the head could swim using that as well. 

Apparently the railroad sequences were filmed on the Pickering Lumber Railroad in Sonora Ca, according to the actors reminiscences here.  That explains the less than mainline appearance of the right of way! 

The locomotive, Sierra No.3 has recently been returned to working order.

I was never a fan.  Oddly, considering how my later interests turned out!

(edited for factual accuracy)

Edited by Dr Gerbil-Fritters
  • Like 2

Some more American trains scattered throughout this video (to one of my favourite songs ever).

If you watch the end, around the 4 minute mark, it seems that train-spotting is a much more up-close and personal pastime in the States! :jester:

• RMweb Premium

There were some other tankers from Hornby with GW branded chassis  (maroon Independent Dairy one perhaps?)   - so I purchased the Blue ED ones and the others, swapped chassis and popped the others on Ebay.  

I ended up with what I wanted and broke even on the deal IIRC.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Apparently the railroad sequences were filmed on the Pickering Lumber Railroad in Sonora Ca, according to the actors reminiscences here.  That explains the less than mainline appearance of the right of way! 

The locomotive, Sierra No.3 has recently been returned to working order.

I was never a fan.  Oddly, considering how my later interests turned out!

(edited for factual accuracy)

Not a filthy Mogul. Not sure about the call to pray noise though........

Philth

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There were some other tankers from Hornby with GW branded chassis  (maroon Independent Dairy one perhaps?)   - so I purchased the Blue ED ones and the others, swapped chassis and popped the others on Ebay.  

I ended up with what I wanted and broke even on the deal IIRC.

I have a dozen Lima CWS tankers running around on Hornby chassis marked with G W and some-one has Hornby tanks on Lima chassis.

They needed renumbering so there is not much left of the original graphics but these wagons don't derail anymore.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi gang

Isn't RMweb wonderful, I am learning so much about crowdfunding, see the APT-P and class 74 threads.....so glad I never trust anyone.

There’s been an entertaining read on this thread recently, just shows what a star Andy Y is.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133485-new-crowdfunded-project-from-lococraft-lms-diesels-1000010001/page-1

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There’s been an entertaining read on this thread recently, just shows what a star Andy Y is.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133485-new-crowdfunded-project-from-lococraft-lms-diesels-1000010001/page-1

It seems to be the case that crowdfunding (or money raising efforts called crowdfunding in order to avoid the originator bearing any financial risk) is starting to become the subject of some long overdue serious questioning - about time to.

Just wonder if I could get a new car crowdfunded, or alternatively like those 'adopt' an endangered species schemes I could ask you all to send me £5 a month towards it's upkeep and I will send you a small model of the vehicle and regular updates on its wellbeing...

Naughty step time, I've gone off thread again  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Swiss Toni

Edited by vaughan45

• RMweb Premium

Just wonder if I could get a new car crowdfunded, or alternatively like those 'adopt' an endangered species schemes I could ask you all to send me £5 a month towards it's upkeep and I will send you a small model of the vehicle and regular updates on its wellbeing...

Naughty step time, I've gone off thread again  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

Swiss Toni

Hi Vaughan

So what is this classic rare sort after vintage automobile you are asking us to adopt? More to the point what colour car? If it is purple no way.