SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

Leftmost poster in the style of the British Railways adverts for "visit xxx by train" - looks like two British Railways lozenges bottom left and right, the name of the place bottom centre and a nice "postcard view" making up the picture.

Second from the left, top word could be BRYLCREEM - edit: this page https://www.britishpathe.com/blog/tv-ads-british-pathes-forgotten-work/ has an ad reading "Brylcreem puts life into dry hair", which matches the shapes of the text on your poster above.

Can't help on the others. On the rightmost of the four, under extreme magnification, the biggest word, (central, below the middle) looks like four letters in circles.

We all love a challenge...

Edited by eastwestdivide

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

Some train stuff from the Pleyemuff 'erald

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/marking-50-years-severing-plymouth-1499334

and the Faceache

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180429-133104.png

It's in Peter W Grays book Steam Around Devon & Cornwall, it's not credited to any one so must be one of his. :boast:

BTW he was a Writer/Photographer for the Plymouth Herald. 

On the rightmost of the four, under extreme magnification, the biggest word, (central, below the middle) looks like four letters in circles.

We all love a challenge...

AUDI?

Four Sprung Pork Technique!  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

Whilst looking at various pics of the station area this weekend I noticed that the posters changed frequently anyway so there is choice. I also noticed again that important signals were changed from LQ to UQ around 1959/60/61, (I'd been trying to ignore that particular challenge for some time), as well as certain details around the station and different bl00dy chimney vents on the signal box (must have changed about once a year from around 1959). If this was an exhibition layout I'd be having to select a definate time scale so as get things more or less correct for that time. It isn't an exhibition layout; that settles any quibbles.

Decided ICBA to be fussed about the signals as long as circa 1960/1/2/3/4 look OK so I'm not going to fuss about posters. I shall also just present things as I want to see them from the photo's I like best in my books.

As for trains in the late 50s, I shall try to avoid inclusion of signals in photo's. 

Today's challenge is to adjust the height of the platforms to a suitable level and, of course, distance from the stock, and work out how to get the curved top sections the correct shape to butt up to the Pecoboo frontages. I believe my Hall has the widest cylinders and so it will be used for clearance tests along with certain items of stock.

Phil 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking at this super pic again, would that not make a super little layout scene. It could be done as a large, elliptical sort of shape, viewed from one or maybe two side(s). A great excuse to run big Pacifics next to tidy WR Tank loco's.

Lovely.

Phil   

• RMweb Gold

Looking at this super pic again, would that not make a super little layout scene. It could be done as a large, elliptical sort of shape, viewed from one or maybe two side(s). A great excuse to run big Pacifics next to tidy WR Tank loco's.

Lovely.

Phil   

The only trouble with that Phillus dear boy is the tiddy tank would be a blur out accelerating those big old lumbering beef tins.  :sarcastic:  

Edited by 81C

• RMweb Premium

I have two now.

attachicon.gifdec01.jpg

I think i would like a third...

Don't put ideas into my beak.

Up The Junction I have 'discovered' the joys of scribing Plasticard to create Platform Edge Copings. 

2 - 0 to the 'Iron' so no Playoffs to fret over for this season.

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

2 - 0 to the 'Iron' so no Playoffs to fret over for this season.

P

Didn't know that you were a Braintree Town fan Phil?

I have been bullied into watching some foot-the-ball on Sunday - we have a Company box at Chelsea and there's some Corporate hosting and schmoozing to be done.  I feel a lot of drinking coming on.

I'd rather be in a watching trains.........

• RMweb Premium

Didn't know that you were a Braintree Town fan Phil?

I have been bullied into watching some foot-the-ball on Sunday - we have a Company box at Chelsea and there's some Corporate hosting and schmoozing to be done.  I feel a lot of drinking coming on.

I'd rather be in a watching trains.........

Far too posh that. There use to be a LT/TFL Depot out the back with Sarah Siddons and Co. lurking. I'd go and see that.

P

• Like 1