Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

the recent rain and warm weather is causing decapods to spread.

attachicon.gif31939772_10155999485535528_3289341548780584960_o.jpg

if you see an outbreak of decapods, please do not approach and inform the authorities at once

decapods are harmless, but can cause lasting damage to wallet contents

Nicely slightly different I see.

Very tidy trio.

P

• RMweb Gold

You could make up the arch with various strips of plasticard, or find a Linka moulding, or get one laser cut.

Me, I'd do the first, probably with a basic shape cut with a cutter ( e.g. Silhouette).

The roadside station windows are similar, and will be done like that, with fine filler where needed for the more awkward shapes & corners.

Edit: Don't overlook the Scalescenes products - there maybe a wall or window in one of the kits ( church?) that will be suitable.

i have a set of moulds going errant make me an offer i can't refuse :triniti: , Phillus have you thought about the Wills stone sheets sanded flat they look pretty good :butcher: .

• Like 1

That's a ghost's car that is.

I have decided that as this Engine Shed is almost exacly the size I need I might get it and fettle it to look more like the SJ Goods Shed.

attachicon.gifB 00-10.jpg

The windows can be blocked off on the Platform side and the 'inside wall' modified. The end wall windows can be changed from the circular ones and the left side front door would be covered by a scratched, lean to, corrugated thing. Mods to the roof anf I think it might look OK?

P

What a minute before you order, be back in a mo !

G

That's a ghost's car that is.

I have decided that as this Engine Shed is almost exacly the size I need I might get it and fettle it to look more like the SJ Goods Shed.

attachicon.gifB 00-10.jpg

The windows can be blocked off on the Platform side and the 'inside wall' modified. The end wall windows can be changed from the circular ones and the left side front door would be covered by a scratched, lean to, corrugated thing. Mods to the roof anf I think it might look OK?

P

Just nipped upstairs to find this, I made it about a year ago and never bothered to use it....any good !

post-20303-0-08110400-1525540787_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-04510800-1525540801_thumb.jpg

I should have used an overlay for the roof and put whole lengths on to alleviate that zip effect which is quite prominent when its painted if you're not careful.

G

• Like 6

Just nipped upstairs to find this, I made it about a year ago and never bothered to use it....any good !

attachicon.gifIMG_4361.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4362.jpg

I should have used an overlay for the roof and put whole lengths on to alleviate that zip effect which is quite prominent when its painted if you're not careful.

G

Meant to say, you can bu££er about with this one to see if its any good before commiting to a new one and if it works then all fine mate.

Hans Inpockets

Edited by bgman

• RMweb Premium

The worst car I have ever owned myself wasn't really a car at all, it was a Daewoo.

I liked my Daewoo, in fact Hanging Hill was built so it would fit in the Daewoo. :yes:

Then Mrs M sold it and got a Hyundai which was bigger but HH only just fitted in it, except when we loaded it after Ally Pally. :umbrage:  You are given a loading time and we were getting near to that but there was still some packing up to do. I gave the keys to my mate to get the car. We loaded at the said time but the baseboards wouldn't go in. :dontknow:  Or the back door wouldn't close. :scratchhead: It fitted on the way to the show, why didn't it fit when ready to go home?  :dontknow:   :scratchhead:  It took ages of umming and Ahhhing to realise my mate is taller, so he moved the seat back.  :mosking:

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Meant to say, you can bu££er about with this one to see if its any good before commuting to a new one and if it works then all fine mate.

Hans Inpockets

Well that's a bl##dy grand offer. What's your opinion of it? Is it sturdy and is it really about 274 mm long and 137 mm wide and as I respect your opinion, is it a worthwhile project do you think? Finally, do you really, really not need it?

The roof will most likely need to be almost totally rebuilt anyway to attain the correct 'look'

Phanks

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I got done for speeding in my mum's allegro....

I gave that a 'craftsmanship/clever' rating 'cos that took some doing! A bit like my mate being stopped by the police on suspicion of joyriding in his Chevette Shove-it; maroon paint faded to almost grey, most of the horses already escaped from under the bonnet, weeks worth of fast food wrappers in the footwells. He said it would be more like sadriding not joyriding...!

Edited by Ramblin Rich
  • Like 1

Well that's a bl##dy grand offer. What's your opinion of it? Is it sturdy and is it really about 274 mm long and 137 mm wide and as I respect your opinion, is it a worthwhile project do you think? Finally, do you really, really not need it?

The roof will most likely need to be almost totally rebuilt anyway to attain the correct 'look'

Phanks

Well its only gathering dust so it might as well be used for a better purpose.

Its made from a stiff-ish laser cut card as are all of the L-Cut products ( I think ) and when the roof has been glued on it'll be fairly stiff, maybe fixed to a base would help too.

It is, as your measurements and it'll be worth messing about with it I think as your proposal.

Here's a quick shot of the roof structure as built.

post-20303-0-47539900-1525552362_thumb.jpg

No, No, No....YES I really, really, really don't need it so up to you mate.

I'm getting rid of a few bits now to make more room for my 7mm project and I'd rather it went to someone who wants it.

Flyaway.

• Like 4

I've found the original box too with the remaining stuff, HooRaa ! ( By the way does anyone know where I've put my lining pen ? I have got one ).

post-20303-0-68177300-1525552779_thumb.jpg

Bitsy P. Easiz

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I got done for speeding in my mum's allegro....

A mate used to tow three racing dinghies around with an Austin A55 van that had been fitted with a diesel engine, as used in taxis. He got booked for speeding at 60 mph with the trailer (the limit in those days was 50) and kept the ticket so that he could prove to any doubters that the van would actually go that fast.

• RMweb Premium

Today I wish I was at the West Summerzet Railway or similar west country attraction. The weather looks superbio. The weather is superbio here, however all we have today is some empty stock behind a Duff, going to Hitichin Up Yard. Ready for a WCR trip to the Welsh Coast during this week sometime.  

I might go and see it and have a sunbathe on Platfrom 1 pretending it is 1960.

P

• RMweb Premium

Today I wish I was at the West Summerzet Railway or similar west country attraction. The weather looks superbio. The weather is superbio here, however all we have today is some empty stock behind a Duff, going to Hitichin Up Yard. Ready for a WCR trip to the Welsh Coast during this week sometime.  

I might go and see it and have a sunbathe on Platfrom 1 pretending it is 1960.

P

Top and Tail Duffs and then, some minutes later, 3 X 667XXs going north to Donny. Such fun.

P

• RMweb Premium

After crawling around on all fours in the loft yesterday laying insulation, she had me up a step ladder cutting hedges down, which is termed trimming according to her. I have hayfever related to evergreen pollen, and my skin can react if in contact with fir tree leaves.

Despite a shower I was still itchy this morning from the old loft insulation which was fiber glass based. My hands and arms are now very itchy and swollen, and my breathing is quite laboured. Blow if I am going to get up the ladder and cut the one twig I missed. 

We have good weather here as well. The dogs enjoyed their walk on the beach this morning.

• RMweb Premium

God bless all you poor sufferers of back, itch, nasal wibbles and heat rash. I trimmed one bush ( :sarcastichand: ) this afternoon. It took about 20 minutes and then I had to lie down as I felt all faint. SWMBO has been gardening for hours; no idea how she does it ........... It is hotter here (and it is railing there) than where we used to go in Greece at this time of year.

S. Weatybits

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

We were up before 5:00 this morning to go and see the sunrise over St Anthony Headland.

Knackered now...

We didn't bother this year.

We didn't last year, either.

Nor the year before that.

Or before that, come to think of it.

In fact, I can't remember the last time we've done that, not since the calamitous time when some chums and I rode on bicycles all through the night to see the sun rise on a hill in Surrey, only to find that someone had misread the contours on the map and we ended up trying to cook sausages on a portable stove in a damp and misty hollow.

• RMweb Gold

There's nothing worse than a damp sausage in a misty hollow.